• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Wowza, what a day. Finally some excitement. Been hoping for a proper leak, but I didn't expect one like this to come on so suddenly. Not thrilled about the way it's happened, so that does put a little damper on it. I was thinking someone might just get a copy early by actual mistake and *whoops*. Then we could all laugh and enjoy the spoilers.

Still, people saying this guy should get prison time are overreacting. It's a video game leak: nobody is being materially injured, this isn't a violent crime, calm down. A fine and other restitution for financial damages is plenty good enough. Beyond that, Disney/SE would have a better chance of suing his workplace (please be Wal-Mart or, better yet, Amazon) which fumbled up bad enough that he was able to get away with (supposedly) multiple copies of the game.

Regarding what I've heard so far, I'm glad there's actually a Dive to the Heart segment to begin the game. A little bummed the tutorial is probably just Sora but it's loads better than the cold open on Olympus which I had been fearing up to this point. It even sounds reminiscent of the idea Zip and I were bandying about in one of the Namine-related threads, utilizing the connection between hearts to revisit key moments and characters throughout the series. Now to go find all this content.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Is there a place in this site for that?
Not for the leaked content, no. We're trying to isolate the situation as much as possible for users who are trying to wait for the Japanese/worldwide release and help minimize any damage this is causing.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Reading on the Discord for Kingdom Hearts, allegedly people doxxed the guy, sent him death threats and called the police on him.

*sigh*

I get that people are upset, but, why not let Square Enix do their jobs? I'm sure they're aware of what's going on, considering that this is the biggest topic going on today regarding the franchise. It makes absolutely zero sense to go doxx someone and send death threats, it's going way beyond the issue now.
called the police, this is a crime but it also what people do every day with television movies and music.... i guess its only wrong when it hurts them personally....

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Wowza, what a day. Finally some excitement. Been hoping for a proper leak, but I didn't expect one like this to come on so suddenly. Not thrilled about the way it's happened, so that does put a little damper on it. I was thinking someone might just get a copy early by actual mistake and *whoops*. Then we could all laugh and enjoy the spoilers.

Still, people saying this guy should get prison time are overreacting. It's a video game leak: nobody is being materially injured, this isn't a violent crime, calm down. A fine and other restitution for financial damages is plenty good enough. Beyond that, Disney/SE would have a better chance of suing his workplace (please be Wal-Mart or, better yet, Amazon) which fumbled up bad enough that he was able to get away with (supposedly) multiple copies of the game.

Regarding what I've heard so far, I'm glad there's actually a Dive to the Heart segment to begin the game. A little bummed the tutorial is probably just Sora but it's loads better than the cold open on Olympus which I had been fearing up to this point. It even sounds reminiscent of the idea Zip and I were bandying about in one of the Namine-related threads, utilizing the connection between hearts to revisit key moments and characters throughout the series. Now to go find all this content.

I thought about our discussion when I saw it! It’s pretty much the aesthetic I had in my head except in hallways, so it’s kinda cool to see it’s a similar concept. :D

As far as the guy’s punishment goes, he just needs whatever form of justice would normally go along with this type of thing. No more, no less. I don’t have enough legal knowledge to know exactly what this would be charged as, so I can’t really say specifically what his punishment would be. But he should definitely be held accountable.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I kinda would like a live chat stream on youtube where someone is actually discussing the leaks

That would be cool but at the moment, Youtube is just a place where trolls are posting idiotic misleading videos.
It may take a few days for real leaks to pour in...

Apologize for the double post =(

Last edited:

Paige712

Hey guys I made a separate spoiler thread to post leaks purely based on world confirmations. I'm sure most here just want world confirmations and not story spoilers so that should be a less risky way to find the info.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I thought about our discussion when I saw it! It’s pretty much the aesthetic I had in my head except in hallways, so it’s kinda cool to see it’s a similar concept. :D

As far as the guy’s punishment goes, he just needs whatever form of justice would normally go along with this type of thing. No more, no less. I don’t have enough legal knowledge to know exactly what this would be charged as, so I can’t really say specifically what his punishment would be. But he should definitely be held accountable.
Found most of the videos. Having seen it, mm, a little disappointed tbh. It's not awful, but it looks like way too many scenes to pull from, and I would have preferred that it was a little more interactive than pointing at a floating picture. Doorways would have been way better: they could have had you go through, the scene/clip plays (skippable for folks who don't wanna watch it) and then you get to run around in Sora's recreated "memory" of that moment-- place and time, maybe with still figures of the folks who were present-- and ultimately you decide based on the description of what the scene "represents" if you want to pick that one. As is, this doesn't carry any of the sense of atmosphere and personalization that makes a Dive to the Heart great, it's basically just like picking a KH vid to rewatch on YouTube with a less friendly UI-- but this is only a glimpse of it so maybe there will be more to that as it goes on.

Also I can't defend this guy anymore, he yapped over the orchestral rendition of "Chikai." Lock him up.

edit: Also not a fan of Sora's opening quote. I get that it's trying to set up a "fate" motif but it takes forever getting there.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Gotta love that Kairi's still not important enough to put on the menu icon -_- Basically sums up how much she's gonna matter in the game right there.

kvyra

Awards
Hey from the menu picture I’ve noticed that his gamertag is shown but barely vidable, been tryin to give out. So then I can look at the achievements possibly find worlds.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Found most of the videos. Having seen it, mm, a little disappointed tbh. It's not awful, but it looks like way too many scenes to pull from, and I would have preferred that it was a little more interactive than pointing at a floating picture. Doorways would have been way better: they could have had you go through, the scene/clip plays (skippable for folks who don't wanna watch it) and then you get to run around in Sora's recreated "memory" of that moment-- place and time, maybe with still figures of the folks who were present-- and ultimately you decide based on the description of what the scene "represents" if you want to pick that one. As is, this doesn't carry any of the sense of atmosphere and personalization that makes a Dive to the Heart great, it's basically just like picking a KH vid to rewatch on YouTube with a less friendly UI-- but this is only a glimpse of it so maybe there will be more to that as it goes on.

Also I can't defend this guy anymore, he yapped over the orchestral rendition of "Chikai." Lock him up.

edit: Also not a fan of Sora's opening quote. I get that it's trying to set up a "fate" motif but it takes forever getting there.

Hahaha, I haven't seen it with sound but that's hilarious.

Awards
Orchestral Chikai what

also, no need to defend him. He's actually a repeat scammer with ties to the mob, with people warning companies not to hire him or something.

Gotta love that Kairi's still not important enough to put on the menu icon -_- Basically sums up how much she's gonna matter in the game right there.
Are we really using a menu icon to determine character importance? Really?

wolfshadow0118

Well in kh2, your beginning stats were determined by weapons only. I mean maybe you'll have character interaction like in kh1's opening?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Orchestral Chikai what

also, no need to defend him. He's actually a repeat scammer with ties to the mob, with people warning companies not to hire him or something.

Are we really using a menu icon to determine character importance? Really?

Yes! She's useless if she aint in no menus. Death to NPCs! ROFL

wolfshadow0118

So what about kh3 being local multiplayer? This isn't from the leaks, but somewhere there's a esrb type rating saying goes that kh3 is local multiplayer but not online.

Neo_

Awards
Oh so he is still uploading? Good lord he will probably finish the game by tomorrow
Yes, but it is taking him like an entire day to complete the tutorial; he doesn't like the game, and has no desire to play it. It's just a matter of time before his sold copies get out, or he may be stopped by then, but this doesn't look like his first bout in the ring.

The Darkside fight was recorded by a completely different person.
It's the same arrogant black dude; his name is Terrell Santana. He could've sold copies for way more than $100. He showed his name and email address in that gameplay. I located his profile via Xbox.com; Achievements aren't live yet for outsiders to view.

crash13

Awards
So I watched the video with Darkside and he went to dashboard. His gamer tag is LorRae13. No achievements are on the account. I’m guessing that’s because the achievements are an online thing, so they aren’t live yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back