• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I'm sure I'm dragging a conversation back but this is bugging me. Do people not realize how much work goes into a single section of a game? Just look at the area in front of the mansion, the bricks have actual textures and you can see that some stones are not perfectly there. That's not a simple paint tool, that had to be personally designed. The ground gets saturated after watera is cast for as time, you can see clearly grass, bushes, and vines on the walls. This is just in what was once "room". Yes it's disappointing there's not more TT and while I'm not going to hide the fact that the "is it needed argument is at least a partial rationalization. It's also what every developer, writer, director, creative needs to do before their work can be presented.
Is this needed. Does this help tell the story. Would my very limited, expensive, and hum as n resources be better served elsewhere?
These are people making the games and this story is giving us actual reasons to be in these worlds, it's not a really thin excuse for sora to meet Mulan until the second visit, the enemies are actively a part of this story so why wouldn't they spend more time there? From what we can gather most of TT majir story encounters will be full cutscene which will work, we don't need to physically visit the usual as usual spot since just seeing the gang the again would be fantastic. While I would be sad about Radiant Garden and not seeing s clash between Lea and Saix there is a missed opportunity, but the Leon story is done. All we would really need to know is how well the restoration is going, but that's it, they're gone again, we got rid of the 1000 heartless and so on. If they brought back the world then they'd have to give some reason not to have the cave of remembrance or data battles since I really don't see a need for them. Sephiroth is done, that was confirmed so long ago I'm surprised he's still being looked for or even expected. Nomura has said whenever asked if he or other FF characters are going to be in that Sephiroths story is done, there is no need to fight him.

This turned into quite the rant but some of you guys need to realize the sheer scope of what you're asking for. We are getting a varied and beautiful and while some stuff is missing it is not the end of the world. With any game like this there will be disappointment but stop looking at the trees and enjoy the forest.

It really needs to be said Square Enix (and a lot of other developers for that matter) were not prepared for hd development. Just look at the debacle that was the Crystal Tools engine.

And I agree with you. If the area serves no purpose it should be cut.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Nutari, I don't think the reliance on mostly modern films is just because of advertising because there are older properties that could also have benefited from the advertisement. Examples:

Dumbo – A live-action Dumbo film is about to be released that this would promote.
The Jungle Book – The live-action Jungle Book has a sequel in the works, plus the animated film should be getting re-released in the next year or two.
One Hundred and One Dalmatians – The Cruella film is in development and there’s also a new Dalmatians TV series that's debuted on the Disney Channel.

Moreover, I seriously doubt most of these worlds were chosen based on how they connect to KH3’s plot or how “out of the box” they were. The variety in their environments, on the other hand, I can believe (as in--water world? Check. Ice world? Check. And so on.). Either way, I know SE has at least done their best to try to have Org. characters present in the worlds causing a ruckus to assuage criticism of KH2, which makes me happy.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Nutari, I don't think the reliance on mostly modern films is just because of advertising because there are older properties that could also have benefited from the advertisement. Examples:

Dumbo – A live-action Dumbo film is about to be released that this would promote.
The Jungle Book – The live-action Jungle Book has a sequel in the works, plus the animated film should be getting re-released in the next year or two.
One Hundred and One Dalmatians – The Cruella film is in development and there’s also a new Dalmatians TV series that's debuted on the Disney Channel.

Moreover, I seriously doubt most of these worlds were chosen based on how they connect to KH3’s plot or how “out of the box” they were. The variety in their environments, on the other hand, I can believe (as in--water world? Check. Ice world? Check. And so on.). Either way, I know SE has at least done their best to try to have Org. characters present in the worlds causing a ruckus to assuage criticism of KH2, which makes me happy.

There are many reasons for what worlds they chose. The three main ones are most likely how the worlds can connect with the story and themes, how diverse the environments are, and what gameplay opportunities they offer. They’ve discussed this multiple times when discussing how worlds were chosen. The developers had to create world concepts in order to get approval from Disney to use the properties and I highly doubt “we need an ocean world” or “we need an ice world” would cut it for Disney to approve the use of their most treasured properties.

Last edited:
Awards
On a slightly unrelated note, 200 pages guys! WE DID IT!
tumblr_no9hm7Z5jg1rebirxo1_400.gif

tumblr_ooda0sCfqF1rabiofo1_540.png

ican'tbeliebewegot200pagesofthismadleaksaga

Elysium

Awards
While I would be sad about Radiant Garden and not seeing s clash between Lea and Saix there is a missed opportunity, but the Leon story is done. All we would really need to know is how well the restoration is going, but that's it, they're gone again, we got rid of the 1000 heartless and so on. If they brought back the world then they'd have to give some reason not to have the cave of remembrance or data battles since I really don't see a need for them. Sephiroth is done, that was confirmed so long ago I'm surprised he's still being looked for or even expected. Nomura has said whenever asked if he or other FF characters are going to be in that Sephiroths story is done, there is no need to fight him.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Awards
The developers had to create world concepts in order to get approval from Disney to use the properties and I highly doubt “we need an ocean world” or “we need an ice world” would cut it for Disney to approve the use of their most treasured properties.

:rolleyes: I didn't say that's what they said to Disney to get approval just that's how they likely looked at the world choices, but good work being facetious.

David/Vaddix

I don't know what isn't on the disk, but what we do know is there could've been more. I doubt the rest of TT will be added through a day 1 patch though.

Personally I'm fine with the Disney worlds, but if we want to see more of the original worlds, we'll have to REALLY demand it otherwise it won't be a priority. At least we'll have a full story!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
:rolleyes: I didn't say that's what they said to Disney to get approval just that's how they likely looked at the world choices, but good work being facetious.

Those two things go hand in hand as the Disney approval process is part of the larger process of choosing worlds. If they know the worlds have to get approval from Disney using those factors, then they’re going to use those factors when choosing the worlds to present to Disney for approval.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

^THIS. All of this. Radiant Garden should've been in this game in a much bigger way then it seems it is. It's literally where one of our main characters, Kairi, comes from and her grandma and it seems like that not even going to be a plot point in this game.

The fact that the half of the organization is back when the Restoration committee is still repairing the city should be a bigger deal with having those characters be more involved. More then just Ienzo saying "Oh it's fine, Sora. Everything is fine ...here... now... great... how are you?"

That better be BIG Day 1 patch

shady543

Awards
Wait guys, is KH3islifepart3's spoilers real? I just came across some major ending spoilers and really hoping this account is fake.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Wait guys, is KH3islifepart3's spoilers real? I just came across some major ending spoilers and really hoping this account is fake.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's completely fake. The guy said himself on reddit that the account is not run by him, just some troll.

shady543

Awards
It's completely fake. The guy said himself on reddit that the account is not run by him, just some troll.

Oh thank goodness, I did see that post on reddit too, but I was also thinking of the possibility of the guy posting story spoilers in a separate account to get back at Disney. But the real guy does seem determined to not post any story spoilers thankfully.

Also in regards to the playable characters

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

wolfshadow0118

Besides day 1 patch for the secret ending and epilogue, I do hope they add some more notable trophies that have been a staple of the other games, like open all chests, collect all keyblades/staves/shields, etc.

Fatal Mode

Besides day 1 patch for the secret ending and epilogue, I do hope they add some more notable trophies that have been a staple of the other games, like open all chests, collect all keyblades/staves/shields, etc.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back