• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

5kyLegend

What were you gonna do at the Usual Spot, Mysterious Tower, or Sunset Terrace? Serious question?

Nothing, they would be there to improve the quality of the world. I've seen others comment things like "not like you'd do anything there anyway", and it kinda surprises me that anyone would consider this an acceptable justification for stripping away parts of worlds. Following the "if it's not useful, no need to have it in" logic, then every world should just go back to being KH2's hallways instead of being big, expansive worlds with detail in them.

So, as a proper answer to your question: you wouldn't have to do anything in them, but them being present would make TT go from the bare minimum to work into a proper world you can explore and immerse yourself into, even if it wasn't straight up to play the story. I think this is exactly what the "quality over quantity" argument was based on :)

rmunoz1994

:/....I think it was fair to expect larger original worlds in KH3... or at the very least the same size. Twilight Town being the hub world and being drastically cut is very worrying. I don't know who thought that would be a good idea. It would be more acceptable (still not good) if we also had Radiant Garden...but we don't.

CDD

Awards
Nothing, they would be there to improve the quality of the world. I've seen others comment things like "not like you'd do anything there anyway", and it kinda surprises me that anyone would consider this an acceptable justification for stripping away parts of worlds. Following the "if it's not useful, no need to have it in" logic, then every world should just go back to being KH2's hallways instead of being big, expansive worlds with detail in them.

So, as a proper answer to your question: you wouldn't have to do anything in them, but them being present would make TT go from the bare minimum to work into a proper world you can explore and immerse yourself into, even if it wasn't straight up to play the story. I think this is exactly what the "quality over quantity" argument was based on :)

The funny thing is they didn't strip away anything seeing as they would have to completely remake those sections, and they probably felt their time was better spent on other more relevant portions of the game world. And once again, no world in any previous KH game compares to Toy Box, Olympus, Pirates etc. This game on the whole is much more expansive than any previous game.

Scala's Hope

Awards
I was lurking the threads of vg and I literally can't stand it anymore. It is so fucking toxic. Now they are shitposting endlessly that everything that wasn't in the small videos of the disney worlds the leaker showed us has been cut. Like, the rail section of the doors in Monsters Inc, the boss battles shown, all cut, because leaker hasn't shown it.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
And tell me what exactly I want according to you?...
Like Zip said, I'm just pulling your leg. Sorry for any confusion, I know sarcasm doesn't always translate on the internet. Couldn't help myself. ;P

I think this is exactly what the "quality over quantity" argument was based on :)
Oh heyy, I remember when this was the favorite defense before it became clear this is going to be a generic Disney game with some KH characters tacked on.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh, good, now we're going to hear excuses for all the original worlds being small, too, even when that was the main argument for why there was nothing wrong with there being less Disney worlds than even KH1 just a week or two ago. lmao

drew0512

Awards
I was lurking the threads of vg and I literally can't stand it anymore. It is so diddlying toxic. Now they are shitposting endlessly that everything that wasn't in the small videos of the disney worlds the leaker showed us has been cut. Like, the rail section of the doors in Monsters Inc, the boss battles shown, all cut, because leaker hasn't shown it.

Just take a break (preferably until the game's release). Sadly toxicity is everywhere, even on here, that's why I'm probably taking a break myself.

rmunoz1994

Oh, good, now we're going to hear excuses for all the original worlds being small, too, even when that was the main argument for why there was nothing wrong with there being less Disney worlds than even KH1 just a week or two ago. lmao

This! I find anything defending the smaller world laughable. We have 4 original worlds. The main hub is just small by any standard if that is indeed all it is. From what it sounds like, although this obviously can't be confirmed yet, the other 3 worlds also sound pretty small. No one should be defending that.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Like Zip said, I'm just pulling your leg. Sorry for any confusion, I know sarcasm doesn't always translate on the internet. Couldn't help myself. ;P
On Reddit you usually have to put /s at the end of your comment or you'll get downvoted to oblivion and people think you're serious.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

5kyLegend

Yeah the excuses just keep changing based on what we get. At this point if KH3 released with only one world the defense would be "but it's expansive unlike in KH2, quality over quantity!" when a line still has to be drawn between the two. I'm still wildly excited about the game and I'd like to manage to stop thinking about it, but at least I'm willing to express disappointment over what I dislike instead of finding justifications.

Yeah, the Disney worlds seem really big from what we've seen so far. Let's not pretend in all these years they had a shortage of time to make a couple extra small sections in Twilight Town. Unless Scala ad Caelum really ends up being something immense, I'll be really let down by the original worlds, and even if the Disney ones are great, it will surely sour the entire thing just a little. Again: a little, I know I'll love the game nonetheless, still doesn't mean I should take criticism on it as something I must defend it against with my life.

CDD

Awards
I think it's reasonable to assume that completing all the battle gates will unlock the secret boss/secret ending.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I think it's reasonable to assume that completing all the battle gates will unlock the secret boss/secret ending.

Possibly. I wonder how many are in the game? I can already tell that I'm going to get wiped repeatedly with these things lol.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Unless Scala ad Caelum really ends up being something immense, I'll be really let down by the original worlds, and even if the Disney ones are great, it will surely sour the entire thing just a little. Again: a little, I know I'll love the game nonetheless, still doesn't mean I should take criticism on it as something I must defend it against with my life.
I agree with this. I still believe I'll enjoy this game, but there are definitely things that have taken the wind out of my sails. And I don't feel bad bringing them up since it might mean the next game will improve on those faults. People criticized KH2 for its Disney worlds having bland design, and BbS onwards, the worlds have slowly but surely went back to the platforming aspect (even more so than in KH1), which I'm grateful for.

@CDD: I thought Nomura already put out a statement that the Epilogue/Secret Ending will only be available via patch?

5kyLegend

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This brings only more suffering

Recon

Art of War
Awards
They took down the Ultima footage, but can you blame them?

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This brings only more suffering
Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Scala's Hope

Awards
Huh, if Scala is so small then where is the "Tower of Endings"?
I don't want to watch these leaks anymore, they are killing my hype

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So I know that the Ultimate Keyblade Doesn't have a transformation but was the drive form Silver/whitish like I imagined?

5kyLegend

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back