• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
this is my new favorite reply on all of KHI
I just really hope they see that their issue with info being locked behind a paywall has been an issue for literally YEARS and in 2017 I spent over $90 AUD in magazine fees for KHInsider that I was never remembursed for, so taking issue with an interview being locked behind a paywall this one time is insane to me.

@Chaser what’s the context behind your avatar? It looks hilarious.
Idk I just saw it on Tumblr the other day and fell in love. I have no idea who originally made it :(

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I just really hope they see that their issue with info being locked behind a paywall has been an issue for literally YEARS and in 2017 I spent over $90 AUD in magazine fees for KHInsider that I was never remembursed for, so taking issue with an interview being locked behind a paywall this one time is insane to me.

Idk I just saw it on Tumblr the other day and fell in love. I have no idea who originally made it :(

Props on the pic lol and yeah, it's absurd. These people probably think you guys just steal the info from everywhere else. Nope, that's the youtubers that report news everyone else has already paid out of pocket for or that someone painstakingly translated already. It bothers me highly that they get paid to report what other people work so hard to uncover. Keep fighting the good fight Chaser, you're a hero in my eyes!

KaitoCam

Props on the pic lol and yeah, it's absurd. These people probably think you guys just steal the info from everywhere else. Nope, that's the youtubers that report news everyone else has already paid out of pocket for or that someone painstakingly translated already. It bothers me highly that they get paid to report what other people work so hard to uncover. Keep fighting the good fight Chaser, you're a hero in my eyes!

Speaking of YT it's a bit off topic for this thread but did anyone see that MatPat/GameTherory fiasco?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Speaking of YT it's a bit off topic for this thread but did anyone see that MatPat/GameTherory fiasco?

I personally didn't but if it is KH related and it doesn't derail the topic of KH3 spoilers too much then I think it'd be fine to talk about but I'm not a mod/admin so I don't know how specific they are when it comes to derailing threads with sub discussion.

KaitoCam

Either the leaker is playing the sympathy card or is actually thinking about hanging up his hat after some guy called him the scum of the earth for returning xbox's to record footage

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thanks. It is painful to see things you paid for get reposted by people actually earning money, but then I think about how the people who first wrote this stuff is getting their info translated into another language and because of that they aren’t getting paid (e.g. Fami and Dengeki) so it helps restart my guilt cycle.
This is off-topic and I’d like discussion to remain as much on-topic as possible.
Either the leaker is playing the sympathy card or is actually thinking about hanging up his hat after some guy called him the scum of the earth for returning xbox's to record footage
I hope they do hang up their hat so I can go back to knowing less about the game than I would have if they hadn’t revealed anything. Having to voluntarily spoil oneself because people can’t spoiler tag their own shit and disobey rules and orders really does suck.

Neo_

Awards
Or he could just use his brain and buy a capture card.

Leaferian

Awards
The leaker is trying to make fun of people that are pointing out it's wrong. He doesn't seem to have any intention of stopping. As far as the capture card thing, he's said a few times one is being sent his way.

Neo_

Awards
Oh yeah, people were sending him cards but he was on vacation.

XAROS

What’s especially humorous to me is that many on this board are upset with the leaker for answering questions you all wanted Square to answer anyways. World count; characters; game mechanics, abilities, forms etc; music, to name a few. These were all generic questions that many posters were ready to storm SE headquarters with pitch forks over. But since the answers came from the leaker, many take angst against him. When really, he provided the answers that SE didn’t provide because they would’ve shot themselves in the foot over disappointment. Just my 2 cents

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
What’s especially humorous to me is that many on this board are upset with the leaker for answering questions you all wanted Square to answer anyways. World count; characters; game mechanics, abilities, forms etc; music, to name a few. These were all generic questions that many posters were ready to storm SE headquarters with pitch forks over. But since the answers came from the leaker, many take angst against him. When really, he provided the answers that SE didn’t provide because they would’ve shot themselves in the foot over disappointment. Just my 2 cents

I'm in that boat. We wanted these answers and he gave them, and he made a promise to not leak story content which so far he's kept. Others have imitated him or claimed to also be leaking, but there's been no evidence proven unlike this guy. The ones who frequent the internet would easily be able to show off pictures, screenshots, videos with fake accounts and if they're trolly enough they would do just that. The only reliable source right now is this guy on reddit and he's doing a great job of showing us things we wanted to know. They are angry, however, because he obtained a copy illegally, by purchasing it from someone who stole it. Mind you, I can guarantee nearly half of the people in this forum would probably have done the same thing. I know I would have, had it been close, I had the money, it was for the ps4, and I made sure to keep it offline and discreet so I wouldn't have my account banned. Trophies are my life. He's also being pretty scummy if he's bricking Xbox Ones and returning them, so that's another thing to be up in arms about.

EDIT: He also kinda accidentally was leaking things which he redacted as soon as he could and I'm pretty sure his flip flop on the review was for attention, because obviously now he's realized he's practically god for half the internet.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Nobody should be, but it's just as nonsensical for people who have never even played the game to insist that he must be lying because they don't like the things he's saying. It's possible to accept that his commentary is largely subjective and unreliable while entertaining the possibility that it's generally valid and true. Especially if we corroborate it with official statements and promotion from SE which leads to that conclusion.
People think he's lying because he constantly contradicts himself.
Anything that isn't direct footage of the game is completely up in the air.

How many FF characters? 1. Or 2. No 3. Actually none. Well, there's Moogle and one other.
Can L2/LT scroll Situation Commands? No. Actually yes.
Is Starlight a skin? No. Just kidding, yes it is.
Are there secret bosses? No. (Adversaries tab is not complete.)
Is there a Coliseum? No. Actually there's an arena.
Were you actually playing on Proud? Yes, but there's no way for me to prove it. Now I will prove I'm playing on Proud with footage wherein I reach LV40 despite being at that level in a video from five days ago.

The man cannot be trusted. He's taking the community for a ride to milk his 15 minutes of Internet fame for all its worth.

sorawild

Nobody should be, but it's just as nonsensical for people who have never even played the game to insist that he must be lying because they don't like the things he's saying. It's possible to accept that his commentary is largely subjective and unreliable while entertaining the possibility that it's generally valid and true. Especially if we corroborate it with official statements and promotion from SE which leads to that conclusion.

Like it or not, this guy has actually played the game, and he's the only consistent source of news about it right now. Square isn't marketing it, especially in the West. The cinema trailer appears to be DoA. The last two attempts at promotion for it were another series recap and an interview that was placed behind a subscription paywall. If SE wants to shift the narrative to "hard facts" they have more power than anyone to do so.

The issue is the leaker has constantly been contradicting himself over the past week and a half. He is in no way reliable as a source of information.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

How many FF characters? 1. Or 2. No 3. Actually none. Well, there's Moogle and one other.
Were you actually playing on Proud? Yes, but there's no way for me to prove it. Now I will prove I'm playing on Proud with footage wherein I reach LV40 despite being at that level in a video from five days ago.

The man cannot be trusted. He's taking the community for a ride to milk his 15 minutes of Internet fame for all its worth.

I just appreciate the videos showing the world, I don't believe he was on Proud in his first quick playthrough. I'm almost guessing his Proud is a NG+ and he's just covering up that he played on beginner so he could get attention by saying it was a quick game.

Awards

Well he did prove the Proud Mode thing by way of save files.

But wait the Adversaries tab isn't complete?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Well he did prove the Proud Mode thing by way of save files.

But wait the Adversaries tab isn't complete?
Nope, it should have a Hidden Mickey stamp but it doesn't.

He also doesn't have all the treasures or Lucky Emblems despite claiming to have thoroughly explored the worlds.

KaitoCam

Nope, it should have a Hidden Mickey stamp but it doesn't.

He also doesn't have all the treasures or Lucky Emblems despite claiming to have thoroughly explored the worlds.

I mean we literally have seem him get treasures on two worlds that's he's recorded

Darvandark

I mean we literally have seem him get treasures on two worlds that's he's recorded

Which seemed ridiculous since many of these are in places that I would have looked at soon as I had access to these places. Now kind I'm a collectibles fiend so that's probably just how I play, but the one on the mast? Unless you cant get there without glide, which would make it a taunting chest, these no reason he shouldn't have had that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back