• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III Original Soundtrack releasing November 11, 2020!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
The game has something like 200 original songs and the OST will only have a total of 160 including the songs from the other games.

We aren’t getting everything, sadly.:(

Does it really though? The most extensive playlist rip I've found for KH3 until now came in at around 220 tracks. Which is a lot obviously. But in that total you also find A) a number of recycled tracks from other games, which KH3 used, like 13th Dilemma, Lord of the Castle, Link to All -- they ain't gonna be in the OST, B) duplicate tracks from within KH3 itself, like for the Riku and Vanitas data battles, and possibly certain Remind cutscene tracks though I haven't listened closely to all of them, C) a number of cues that could honestly be combined into a single track, like all the Roxas or Xion cutscene material in the KG, or various snippets of Dive into the Heart.

I don't know how it'll all turn out when you do the math, but I think you could cut down the track listing for KH3 significantly.

Last edited:

Xagzan

Awards
Which one is Chains to Bonds?

The cutscene tunes I absolutely need need NEED are Breaking Xehanort's Dark Armor, Making our Mark on Fate, all the Org demise themes, Xigbar's from Olympus, and Kairi's from ReMind. At least, those are the unofficial names. Oh and the Epilogue track.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Chains 2 Bonds is the scenario where Terranort gets ready to drop the B A S S on SAV but the OnE BeHiNd (GUARDIAN) comes in clutch

Xagzan

Awards
Ohh yes so Terra's orchestration, yeah that was good too.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The game has something like 200 original songs and the OST will only have a total of 160 including the songs from the other games.

We aren’t getting everything, sadly.:(
200 original tracks? Is that true? Even counting cutscene-only scores, that feels like a lot.

Anyway, considering the Original Soundtrack Complete was only one disc larger and held well over 200 tracks, I can't imagine why they couldn't put all of KHIII in this OST.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
200 original tracks? Is that true? Even counting cutscene-only scores, that feels like a lot.

Anyway, considering the Original Soundtrack Complete was only one disc larger and held well over 200 tracks, I can't imagine why they couldn't put all of KHIII in this OST.

I am being told that the game rip actually has duplicated tracks which I wasn’t aware of since I hadn’t listened to it at all. I only looked at the song count so I might be wrong

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am being told that the game rip actually has duplicated tracks which I wasn’t aware of since I hadn’t listened to it at all. I only looked at the song count so I might be wrong
The song count number you saw is the same I saw so I thought they’d be cutting to get down to around 140-ish songs lol. We’ll see though 👀

Xagzan

Awards
On top of that another number of cutscene tracks, mainly for Disney worlds, are really short. Like 20 seconds long. If anything gets cut I could see those being first--at least I'd hope so, before cutting anything more substantial.

Back