• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III Original Soundtrack releasing November 11, 2020!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
It's certainly a practice I've become accustomed to with Square. As it stands I'm withholding on FFVII: Remake's soundtrack with the intention of buying an OST Plus down the line. Even then, there's a possibility that some things may still be cut or retailer exclusive.

Just going by past procedures, anything strictly cutscene related has the highest chance of getting chopped.

Last time I remember them doing an OST Plus was friggin FF9. And that was, go figure, the cutscene music. Plus extra, unused tracks. Nothing cut iirc. Don't know if they've done others since. I've certainly never heard of retail exclusive tracks, that sounds awful.

There really is no logic to cutting cutscene cues though. The composers put just as much effort into those as anything else, what possible purpose does it serve to exclude them?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Last time I remember them doing an OST Plus was friggin FF9. And that was, go figure, the cutscene music. Plus extra, unused tracks. Nothing cut iirc. Don't know if they've done others since. I've certainly never heard of retail exclusive tracks, that sounds awful.

There really is no logic to cutting cutscene cues though. The composers put just as much effort into those as anything else, what possible purpose does it serve to exclude them?

In name only XIII was the last I recall receiving an OST Plus, and that was only to add tracks that had made it into official trailers, but was stuff that wasn't used in game, etc.

XV naturally received additional soundtracks for the additional games, DLC, etc.

VII:R's has straight omitted some of my favorite in-game tracks.

I would venture to say the cutscene score takes MORE time and care, because you have to be aware of the dialouge, the shifts in tone as the plot progresses; it ebbs and flows as the scene dictates, rather than having a static track (say, the field theme) swath over everything.

Xagzan

Awards
In name only XIII was the last I recall receiving an OST Plus, and that was only to add tracks that had made it into official trailers, but was stuff that wasn't used in game, etc.

XV naturally received additional soundtracks for the additional games, DLC, etc.

VII:R's has straight omitted some of my favorite in-game tracks.

I would venture to say the cutscene score takes MORE time and care, because you have to be aware of the dialouge, the shifts in tone as the plot progresses; it ebbs and flows as the scene dictates, rather than having a static track (say, the field theme) swath over everything.

Yes, like Cosmo Canyon, that epic choral Those Chosen by the Planet, the chapter 14 resolution scene themes, off the top of my head. So I'm a little concerned for KH3. If they plan to release subsequent albums, then of course the omissions are more understandable. But if they never do, then it just makes no sense.

Xagzan

Awards
Noice. Is that including ReMind as part of KH3, I'm guessing?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
That's a lot more than I was expecting KHIII to take up.

Xagzan

Awards
It is called the Kingdom Hearts 3 Original Soundtrack 😅

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It is called the Kingdom Hearts 3 Original Soundtrack 😅

Actually it's not, the full title is "KINGDOM HEARTS - III, II.8, Unchained χ & Union χ [Cross] - Original Soundtrack". But nobody can really be bothered to type the whole thing out every time lol

CDD

Awards
Hilarious watching faux music snobs discuss game OSTs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hilarious watching faux music snobs discuss game OSTs.

As opposed to you, a real music snob.

I feel as though I’ve said this to you before in another topic many months ago (though it is hard to keep up with anything that happened in the Before), but everybody has opinions. It’s fine for people to have varying tastes on music. Music is a highly subjective subject, and nobody needs to be an expert on it to be able to speak on it.

Objectively one thing is certain and that is that this OST is leagues ahead of previous OSTs in terms of scope and direction.

Past that, everybody has their own feelings about the songs.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Music is a highly subjective subject, and nobody needs to be an expert on it to be able to speak on it.

Objectively one thing is certain and that is that this OST is leagues ahead of previous OSTs in terms of scope and direction.

Past that, everybody has their own feelings about the songs.

This is kindof how I feel about KHIII in general. There are definitely certain technical achievements that deserve to be lauded.

However, technical mumbo jumbo doesn't mean much when it comes to matters of the heart.

Even though III doesn't have my favorite soundtrack in the series, it's still one of my favorite parts of III.

And that Dearly Beloved that plays during the Kairi / Lea FMV slaps. Omg ♡

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What are the chances for "Face My Fears (Orchestra Version)" to be released? They didn't use it in ReMIND, so there's only the orchestra version... which wasn't even released on the orchestra album.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What are the chances for "Face My Fears (Orchestra Version)" to be released? They didn't use it in ReMIND, so there's only the orchestra version... which wasn't even released on the orchestra album.

I’m gonna say minimal unless they took the time to really finalize an arrangement. I definitely do not think the version played at the orchestra concert was even remotely up to snuff for the kind of quality they would want out of an arrangement. The Kaleidoscope Orchestra version is an infinitely better version.

That said, I doubt that this album has all of the tracks from KH3, so we can at least hope for a Plus album if they don’t have the orchestral version of Face My Fears.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I’m gonna say minimal unless they took the time to really finalize an arrangement. I definitely do not think the version played at the orchestra concert was even remotely up to snuff for the kind of quality they would want out of an arrangement. The Kaleidoscope Orchestra version is an infinitely better version.

That said, I doubt that this album has all of the tracks from KH3, so we can at least hope for a Plus album if they don’t have the orchestral version of Face My Fears.
Isn't it like 7 discs dedicated to KH3? The Disney worlds didn't have that many songs, so they can easily squeeze 2-3 worlds onto 1 disc, leaving plenty of room for the non-Disney songs on at least 3 or 4 discs. That should be enough for all the songs in KH3 and ReMIND (I think).

What makes you say that the OST won't have everything? I can understand Face My Fears (Orchestra) not being on there ( :cry: ), but I don't see anything else getting left off from KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Isn't it like 7 discs dedicated to KH3? The Disney worlds didn't have that many songs, so they can easily squeeze 2-3 worlds onto 1 disc, leaving plenty of room for the non-Disney songs on at least 3 or 4 discs. That should be enough for all the songs in KH3 and ReMIND (I think).

What makes you say that the OST won't have everything? I can understand Face My Fears (Orchestra) not being on there ( :cry: ), but I don't see anything else getting left off from KH3.

The game has something like 200 original songs and the OST will only have a total of 160 including the songs from the other games.

We aren’t getting everything, sadly.:(

the red monster

Awards
I'm just hoping for cutscenes music.
from chains to bonds is pretty amazing and i need it without SFX.

Back