• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III Original Soundtrack releasing November 11, 2020!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Update: Square Enix have confirmed the digital version will release worldwide on the same day. More details to follow.

The long awaited KINGDOM HEARTS III Original Soundtrack will release on November 11th, 2020 for 12,000 yen plus tax.! Consisting of 8 discs and a total of 160 songs, the soundtrack will include Utada Hikaru's theme songs and tracks from the following games:

• KINGDOM HEARTS III
  • KINGDOM HEARTS III Re Mind [DLC]
  • KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross]

Preorder the soundtrack from the following retailers: 
Square Enix e-STORESony Music Shop, Amazon.co.jp, Tower Records, Yodobashi.com, HMV&BOOKs online, Rakuten Books

A campaign will also be held in mid-September, in which fans can enter a lottery to win autographs from composers Yoko Shimomura, Takeharu Ishimoto and Tsuyoshi Sekito. More details will be announced in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hooray for a digital release! I’ll actually be able to buy an official Kingdom Hearts soundtrack for once.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Great. Looking forward to the collection even though I felt KH3 had one of the weaker soundtracks in the series.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
even though I felt KH3 had one of the weaker soundtracks in the series.
tenor.gif

Cumguardian69

Awards
Great. Looking forward to the collection even though I felt KH3 had one of the weaker soundtracks in the series.
Weaker relative to KH1/KH2? Maybe. But even KH3 had a ton of banger tracks that I would LOVE to be isolated from in game sounds. Its rendition of Afternoon Streets, easily

guiltnightmare3

Awards
Ive been trying to preorder the soundtrack but it wont ship to the U.S. does anyone have any advice or is there some other way to preorder it?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Weaker relative to KH1/KH2? Maybe. But even KH3 had a ton of banger tracks that I would LOVE to be isolated from in game sounds. Its rendition of Afternoon Streets, easily
I mean a good chunk of the songs were just remixes outside of world themes and a few boss tracks. Not terrible of course but I would have appreciated a couple more original songs.

Especially for the final fight with Xehanort

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ive been trying to preorder the soundtrack but it wont ship to the U.S. does anyone have any advice or is there some other way to preorder it?

You'd have to wait until import sites set up their order pages. I'm sure Aitai Kuji will have it up shortly.

NoWay

Awards
And how can I buy the soundtrack if I’m from Europe? :(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And how can I buy the soundtrack if I’m from Europe? :(

The digital version will release simultaneously worldwide.

However, if you'd like the physical version, you'll need to wait for import sites to set up their order pages and go through them. I imagine they'll start rolling out in the coming days. SE may also stock it in their overseas stores, but in that event, I don't think they'll be released until much after November 11th.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Look, I am not some KH3 loving person and KH3’s OST is not my favorite of the series, but KH3 is on a completely different level to the rest of the series. They composed unique songs for a ton of scenes. They took a cinematic approach to composing this game, and it created a more cohesive, unified product with a lot of callbacks.

KH3 does not have a weak OST.

Katsagu

Awards
They composed unique songs for a ton of scenes. They took a cinematic approach to composing this game, and it created a more cohesive, unified product with a lot of callbacks.

This is a part of this game's ost that seems to go very unnoticed by people. I guess fans are used to have a theme repeat during certain scenes always exactly the same, but the way this game uses it's ost and character themes in different parts of the game elevates the ost of this game for me.

I mean in any other game, when xion appeared you would have this play out for sure:

And I mean...fuck it's such a great song I love it 😭 but it would just play out on the background no matter what was happening on screen. In KH3 you have this:

A song that evolves and changes depending on what happens during the scene, it's much more cinematic like you said, and the ammount of work that went into this must have been incredible. So I think it's unfair when people judge KH3's ost just because it didn't have more original themes (even though the ones we have are bangers and some of the best world music in the series for me).

Xagzan

Awards
WOWZA 8 DISCS that's awesome. Hope they leave NOTHING out. Just really want a tracklist now.

I honestly wasn't expecting more than KHIII and Re Mind, but I'm so happy it's DDD, 0.2 and the χ series as well.

We can finally properly listen to that manic piano in the Master's theme

We already have a DDD soundtrack lol there's literally no need for it to be included here.

This is a part of this game's ost that seems to go very unnoticed by people. I guess fans are used to have a theme repeat during certain scenes always exactly the same, but the way this game uses it's ost and character themes in different parts of the game elevates the ost of this game for me.

A song that evolves and changes depending on what happens during the scene, it's much more cinematic like you said, and the ammount of work that went into this must have been incredible. So I think it's unfair when people judge KH3's ost just because it didn't have more original themes (even though the ones we have are bangers and some of the best world music in the series for me).

Yeah I don't know how people can say it was weak when you take this into account. And so help me, they've gotta include these cutscenes tracks in the OST. They're honestly some of my most anticipated. That theme from right before the final round against Xehanort? So epic--quite frankly more epic than the final battle score itself. The remix of Case of Foretellers for the Luxu reveal scene. All the many, many rearrangements of Another Side we heard for various cutscenes, especially the Xigbar 3/4 time version. To name a few.

Back