• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III Manga Volume 1 releasing April 2020 in Japan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The first volume of Shiro Amano's manga adaption of KINGDOM HEARTS III is set to release April 11th 2020 in Japan for 660 Yen (approx. $6 USD). The current chapters of the ongoing series is available to read for free on Square Enix's GANGAN Online in Japanese, and is currently being published digitally in English by Yen Press.

Update 3/27/2020: Amazon has updated with the cover image:

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wonder what the cover will look like...unless that's it above. I love the Kingdom Hearts manga though I do realize it'll be awhile before they finish the manga chapters. I can't wait to finally get to see Aqua, Terra, and Ventus in the cartoony mangaverse. That will be something special. It'll also probably be awhile before a English release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder what the cover will look like...unless that's it above. I love the Kingdom Hearts manga though I do realize it'll be awhile before they finish the manga chapters. I can't wait to finally get to see Aqua, Terra, and Ventus in the cartoony mangaverse. That will be something special. It'll also probably be awhile before a English release.

Nah, that's just a page from the prologue chapter. The SE website doesn't have a cover for it yet.

They technically already have it all translated so far so it is just a matter of organizing printing...which...well...the state of the world right now will probably make that difficult...hm.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
There are major distributors putting comic and manga shipments on hold indefinitely. I hope it's sooner than later that the global "tune" changes and we're able to pick up copies from our local comic stores. Shiro Amano's work always manages to make me smile.

PikaPal

Awards
Can't wait to check the manga out once it hits the English shores which won't be for a while. I remember having an enjoyable time reading the first Kingdom Hearts manga and the first volume of II.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There are major distributors putting comic and manga shipments on hold indefinitely. I hope it's sooner than later that the global "tune" changes and we're able to pick up copies from our local comic stores. Shiro Amano's work always manages to make me smile.

If there are any left after...The comic store industry in the west was hit very hard by the pandemic.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
If there are any left after...The comic store industry in the west was hit very hard by the pandemic.

As someone recently releaved from a part-time position at a local, small business comic book store, I know this all too well. Various publishers will be looking at digital sales and weighing the value of resuming physical media production. It's sad and scary for those of us that like our community spaces.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
As someone recently releaved from a part-time position at a local, small business comic book store, I know this all too well. Various publishers will be looking at digital sales and weighing the value of resuming physical media production. It's sad and scary for those of us that like our community spaces.
I hope manga/novels/comic can still remain in paperback form. I prefer reading my books as books not digital on a tablet. That's just me, but there are some limitations I put on technology. I want my KH novels and manga in collectible book form lol.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I hope manga/novels/comic can still remain in paperback form. I prefer reading my books as books not digital on a tablet. That's just me, but there are some limitations I put on technology. I want my KH novels and manga in collectible book form lol.

I prefer holding books and floppies in my hand as well (obviously). Like a piece of art I'd purchase, I want it to be tangible, hanging in my home - on a library shelf. Even though I respect the convenience and sustainability of digital, to me, books are an ever-increasing escape from a life of screens / general plugging-in.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
OP updated with the cover image:

81eGwjlubaL.jpg

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Hey I just thought of something

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hey I just thought of something

Spoiler Spoiler Show

please, that would be the best carry over of that whole plot line. I want to see Vexen’s clones hahaha

2 quid is good

Awards
Man I cant wait for shiro Amano to really dig in and mess around with KH3's structure, seeing as he somewhat did it with KH2. I really loved what he did with the FF characters in KH2.

I'm not looking forward to being in my 30s when this is done though XD

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just thought of another interesting thing from the manga...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back