• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III manga series by Shiro Amano in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I'm really interested in seeing how he fills in the gaps for the other series' he's missed (namely: BBS and DDD, but not excluding Coded or 0.2 (only to get Aqua's side story)). Like, will it just be connecting 2 and 2 for KH fans? Or are other works in production? Only time will tell...

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Ahhh this was good news to wake up to this morning:wink: It's nice to know Amano's back doing the manga again.
i wonder if he'll just skim over the material he missed or if he'll incorporate it into the new manga somehow. Either way, I'm excited:biggrin:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I'm curious about this.
KH1 and COM are bad, but KH358/2 Days and KH2 are good. KH 358/2 Days is really good actually.

This will settle the score for me.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
YOU CAN'T DIE!!! YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!

AFTER THEN

KH1 and COM are bad.

Bad how? Just curious. KH1 is just basically a drawn version of the game, still, with Amano's humorous gags injected into it. CoM and everything after shows some improvement for its medium. While sparse on the Disney worlds in CoM (even if I would have preferred one or two more), it's nice to not have to retread KH1 turf a la the game experience. The original plot takes precedence, which is the sustenance of CoM anyways. Also, we get some great battle scenes, particularly the ones against Larxene. Whoever is responsible for the HD cinematics could have taken note of how Amano interweaved these into the story.

AangArrow

Let's see if Amano can do a justice for Arendelle's story here compared to the game.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Bad how? Just curious. KH1 is just basically a drawn version of the game, still, with Amano's humorous gags injected into it.

Being basically a drawn version of the game is the main reason why it's boring to me. It doesn't try to do its own thing and taking advantage of the medium.

I'm not fan of his art back then, his painel composition can be a mess and most of his gag scenes aren't funny. All of that together makes it bad.

Nowadays I still don't find most of his gags funny, but he improved a lot in the rest and I trust him to make his mangas interesting and better than the games in some areas.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Being basically a drawn version of the game is the main reason why it's boring to me. It doesn't try to do its own thing and taking advantage of the medium.

I'm not fan of his art back then, his painel composition can be a mess and most of his gag scenes aren't funny. All of that together makes it bad.

Nowadays I still don't find most of his gags funny, but he improved a lot in the rest and I trust him to make his mangas interesting and better than the games in some areas.
Personally I actually liked his art for the manga back then, more specifically how he drew Sora in CoM.
I don't why, but before the Days manga came around, I couldn't really get over how Sora looked in the early volumes of KH2. I know he was meant to be a year older, but he felt slightly off to me. I guess it was just the design at the time. It wasn't until the later volumes that, to meat least, Sora started to look like himself again.
Maybe it was just Amano gaining more experience at drawing the newer designs at the time or art evolution or something like that. Either way, I'm more than happy with how his look for Sora's KH3 outfit came out, and I can't wait to see it come to life on the page :wink:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
A part of me feels perplexed that Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are being skipped? Maybe both those mangas are going to have X/Union Cross elements (assuming they get created)?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A part of me feels perplexed that Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are being skipped? Maybe both those mangas are going to have X/Union Cross elements (assuming they get created)?

Amano lost his steam after KH2. KH3 will probably filll the gaps by recapping somehow.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I would be just fine with him pulling another mid-story 'haitus' to work on a different title (BBS, DDD or coded). Doubt lightning will strike twice, but, hey, it did before with Days, sooo- *never stops dreaming of a BBS manga*

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I don't think a KH3 manga was something Shiro was planning to do. KH2 was the perfect place for him to jump ship if he didn't want to open the can of worms that comes afterwards.

Feels like they came to agreement with him by ignoring all the other "spin-offs". It's not like this manga will be finished anytime soon.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm thrilled to see he's returning, I'm guessing BBS and DDD are going to be summarized or just show up as abridged flashbacks with their main story beats.

Now lets just hope he can make Kairi shine like he has in the past.

Back