• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III maintains position as best-selling game of 2019 YTD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Over its first two months, KINGDOM HEARTS III continues to maintain a strong hold on its position as the best-selling game of 2019 year to date! This information comes by way of Mat Piscatella and the NPD Group, who cover the U.S. video games market.

Here's the breakdown of Kingdom Hearts III's performance during February 2019:

• Remains #1 in Top 10 best selling titles of 2019 year to date, followed by Anthem and Resident Evil 2 (2019)
  • Ranked #3 in the Top 20 best selling titles, behind Anthem and Jump Force
  • Ranked #5 in Top 10 Xbox One titles, behind Anthem, Jump Force, Far Cry New Dawn, Red Dead Redemption II
  • Ranked #3 in Top 10 PS4 titles, behind Anthem and Jump Force

Along with the milestones it achieved as the franchise's fastest selling title and Square Enix's second-biggest launch in history, it’s great to see Kingdom Hearts III exceeding expectations like this. Here’s to its continued success; may it hold its stride in the months to come!

Last edited by a moderator:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This is amazing news! I hope that this encourages Nomura and Disney to speed up announcements on future titles/DLC. If they can get a Final Mix DLC out by the end of the year along with consistent free DLC throughout the year, KH3 will dominate the sales throughout the year!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fantastic! Hope KH3 continues to see success throughout the year. DLC with a sale sometime later on this year will definitely help move more units.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Anthem doesn't deserve the praise. KH3 should totally be before it in my opinion. I hope to see actual sales numbers soon.

allenleonardo

Awards
Such great news. <3

Hopefully this will motivate SE and Disney to put more resources and time behind this project so that we get more big games more often.

NoWay

Awards
How many units in total have been sold?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
OxkYTIo.gif

Sometimes I want to slap Nomura for the...less than stellar choices in the story, but I'm so happy the game is doing this well! <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
OxkYTIo.gif

Sometimes I want to slap Nomura for the...less than stellar choices in the story, but I'm so happy the game is doing this well! <3

It’s fine. We all want to slap Nomura for the shitty story choices he made c: Never have I finished a KH game and felt genuinely depressed and upset, not because of the ending, but because the last 4ish hours were so rushed and...Kairi...

But more success means more content to at least try and fix some of it. Reading the interviews and stuff gives me a sense that they wanted to do way more and even Nomura isn’t completely satisfied with the last 4 hours lol so good month-to-month sales will definitely keep SE happy and let the staff add even more content, hopefully

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well deserved, I just hope this means that we get more frequent Kingdom Hearts content without a compromise of the stellar quality we've been getting so far.

Nukara

Awards
It’s fine. We all want to slap Nomura for the shitty story choices he made c: Never have I finished a KH game and felt genuinely depressed and upset, not because of the ending, but because the last 4ish hours were so rushed and...Kairi...

But more success means more content to at least try and fix some of it. Reading the interviews and stuff gives me a sense that they wanted to do way more and even Nomura isn’t completely satisfied with the last 4 hours lol so good month-to-month sales will definitely keep SE happy and let the staff add even more content, hopefully

Still, I was the only one who, despite his shortcomings, liked the KH3 final.((
However, the DLC improved many things in the game.
Suddenly give play for Kairi.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Still, I was the only one who, despite his shortcomings, liked the KH3 final.((

I’m certain you aren’t the only one.

Overall I had a fun experience with KH3 and there is a lot I loved in the last 4 hours, but I’ve never come off a game and had to sleep in the middle of the day for 4 hours after and spend a week not really feeling anything.

So it is great you enjoyed it. Just know there are people who came out of the experience with less positive feelings and not because we dislike the game or didn’t have fun, but because the flaws were very overwhelming and the info they drop in the last four hours was just too much.

NoWay

Awards
Without SE announcing it or somebody leaking the numbers from NPD, we don’t know
Oh I thought it was handled the same way it’s done in the music industry. They are announcing the sold CDs/downloads on a weekly base.
But good to know that there are major differences. Thank you for this information!

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh I thought it was the Handles the same way it’s done in the music industry. They are announcing the sold CDs/downloads on a weekly base.
But good to know that there are major differences. Thank you for this information!

In other countries it is, but in the US the numbers from NPD are kept among analysts, people who pay for the NPD data, and the companies. Big data is a commodity for investors, sadly :|

Actually...Media Create who reports sales numbers in Japan will stop sharing sales data to the public after pressure from Japanese investors apparently, so we might see this end up being the standard.

Which is crazy because no other entertainment industry does this except for video games. It's really shitty imo

Awards
Such great news! I'm so glad Kingdom Hearts III has been successful for Square Enix! I know a lot of people felt like it was rushed towards the end, but I personally didn't feel that way. I felt like it went at the same pace every other Kingdom Hearts game went through. Most of them didn't really open up or reveal too many things until the very end anyways, and I felt Kingdom Hearts III was no different in that sense. It wasn't perfect, but none of the Kingdom Hearts games are even close to perfect when it comes to plot development for me anyways. I personally love Kingdom Hearts for its beautiful presentation of themes, characters, and art more than anything, and that's where the series really shines anyways. Anyways, I'm very happy that the game has sold well, even if we don't know the exact numbers.

Back