• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Initial Post-Launch Patch Schedule Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix has revealed their plans for the upcoming post-launch patches for Kingdom Hearts 3, providing a detailed list of what content will be added in the days following the game's release.

Below we have provided the full patch notes for the west that were posted on Twitter:

Kingdom Hearts III free game update release schedule

• Tuesday, January 29

- Update 1.01 (several data fixes)
- Memory Archive (videos)

* The Memory Archive option will be added to the game's title menu and can be viewed at any time.

• Wednesday, January 30 

- Epilogue (video)
* Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending to view this video.

• Thursday, January 31

- Secret (video)
* Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending, as well as fulfilled certain criteria during play to view this video. The criteria vary depending on the difficulty level selected.

The Memory Archive is a digest of the Kingdom Hearts story in the series up to this point.

The epilogue and secret movie are video content that will enhance player's enjoyment of the world of Kingdom HeartsThese pieces of downloadable content are additional elements for Kingdom Hearts III.

The main game allows players to proceed to and view the ending without the need for an internet connection.

An internet connection is required to download patches to update the game.

The patch notes for the Japanese release are similar, but with a few release date changes to accomodate for the worldwide release:

• Friday, January 25 (around 0:00)

- Update 1.01 (partial data correction)
- Memory Archive (video)

* Memory Archive is a summary of the past stories in the "Kingdom Hearts" series. (These are the same videos published on the website) * Options added to the top/start menu, you can select and view at any time.

• Saturday, January 26 (Sat) around 0:00

- Epilogue (video)
* Epilogue is video content that you can enjoy in the world of the "Kingdom Hearts" series. Requirements for unlocking: clear the end of the game.

• Thursday, January 31 (around 19:00)

- Secret Ending (video)
* Secret Ending is video content that you can view and enjoy in the world of the "Kingdom Hearts" series. Requirements for viewing: beat the game and clear the requirements per difficulty level. (Conditions vary depending on the difficulty level.)

Nomura also confirms they will be doing a countdown to release starting tomorrow.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m glad we’re getting the secret movie at the same time as Japan. I wonder if the Memory Arvhive will be added to Union Cross as well in the Road to KH3 section.

I’m also looking forward to see what they do with the 13-day countdown to release Nomura teased for the Japanese version.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Sweet. Considering I'll be getting the game Feb 4 at the earliest, this will be out and hopefully we'll know what the conditions are for the secret movie! Hopefully it's just trophies and there's plenty of easy ones to get. ^^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is pretty great. I've updated the article with the Japanese dates so we can compare.

It's great they are holding off on sharing the secret ending until after the worldwide release. I hate being spoiled of the cool stuff because Japan gets the game first.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm glad for the secret movie being held off. Kind of wish the epilogue was too though. It's neat though how like every day there will be a new KH3 thing to enjoy. And I like how if you beat the game on release day, you get to sit with the ending for a bit before seeing the epilogue.

was kind of hoping the day one patch would've added in some extra features tho

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm glad for the secret movie being held off. Kind of wish the epilogue was too though. It's neat though how like every day there will be a new KH3 thing to enjoy. And I like how if you beat the game on release day, you get to sit with the ending for a bit before seeing the epilogue.

Yeah, I'm sad they didn't decide to wait on that. Also with Japan getting the game a week ahead, they will likely have already unlocked the requirements for the secret ending so even though they are holding off, all of us in the west are at a disadvantage.

mytomxxx

Great they already posted that, wanted a playable epilogue but that's fine, can't wait to see it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
. I'm hoping we get a glimpse of the new villain in the secret ending. As for the epilogue I'm curious that they will show that wont be covered during the credits. Perhaps a sort of celebration on Destiny Islands?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I kind of figured an epilogue would mostly center on the lives of the people who got saved and stuff and tied up any remaining loose ends to their stories that wouldn't have fit with the flow of the main story (such as maybe Roxas reuniting with HPO as an example)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I kind of figured an epilogue would mostly center on the lives of the people who got saved and stuff and tied up any remaining loose ends to their stories that wouldn't have fit with the flow of the main story (such as maybe Roxas reuniting with HPO as an example)

That would be a nice tie-up, but the way Nomura said the epilogue is a major spoiler, I fear it may be more than this.

mytomxxx

Would they hide other things the patch could do? Like opening a secret boss etc. Fear this is a dumb question.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well whatever is in the epilogue I really hope it's not anything that ruins a possible happy ending for the characters. Like someone getting abducted or disappearing like Zack in BBS.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
That would be a nice tie-up, but the way Nomura said the epilogue is a major spoiler, I fear it may be more than this.
I mean, probably, lol. He does seem to think the only kind of spoilers are capital-p Plot. But to me an epilogue would mostly be focused on the characters and their stories and who survives and what their fates are (all things i'd consider spoilers) and stuff with the secret ending being the big Plot thing. But who knows, could be a bit of both. I guess in a way one could think of Where the Heart Goes as a type of epilogue for BBS and it kind of had a mix of plot stuff with character stuff.

Back