• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III In 7/4 Famitsu Weekly!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I really hope Riku and Kairi are going to be playable that would be awesome. I really want to see Kairi develop as a character in this game giving her a scenario might be the best thing in this regard.

I'd totally be down with that. But I'm not sure how well that would work seeing unlike CoM their stories this time will probably very interconnected like it was in BBS.

Also what's with this talk about a new outfit for Sora did I miss something?

I hope we get a teaser trailer at the TGS I really want to know how this Kingdom Shader will play out.

yeah in a article nomura said he yet to reveal sora new outfit

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
omg a competition? that's hilarious, i wonder what the circumstances are~

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
"A key that returns hearts"
Sounds dodgy to me. What happened to Ansem's data?
I'm sure he hasn't excluded it, but having that down as the main plot point sounds a bit underwhelming.
What, all this time there existed a keyblade that returns hearts? And everyone had Mickey syndrome?

Or perhaps it's more metaphorical, that way the "key" could mean anything...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am so curious to know what exactly they meant by this.

I don't get the whole thing about the true strength of the keyblade either. I mean, wasn't it Riku who learned the ability of the Keyblade to give people a Birth By Sleep? Unless it is that the data that Riku found will be related to this 'truer strength' and because it was research on Sora perhaps it will only be him who can utilise the info?

A reveal of a new world (at a push a tiny amount of gameplay, but not a demo or anything) in a new teaser would be fine by me.

No, Sora and Riku both learned the true strength. They both learned how to awaken sleeping hearts, evident that Sora and Riku both unlocked the seven keyholes of sleep. I'm assuming Nomura's reaffirming the fact.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I hope 2.5 will include somthing that mentions to kh3. Mabey another secret trailer.

Youniquee

Awards
I just really hope that even if we can't play as Riku or Kairi, there can be at least on world when we have the trio battling together...that would be great. Or maybe it can be a little bit like FFXIII-2 when you can change who's the leader? (But this may be wishful thinking as that may take extra work)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I hope 2.5 will include somthing that mentions to kh3. Mabey another secret trailer.

Most likely. Nomura even said there wouldn't be any secrets in 1.5 and yet we still got that hint about 2.5 in the credits. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a teaser for KH3 in 2.5, especially since the remasters are meant to be a "prep-course" for those who have ignored the series since the release of KH2.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Which article was that? And does that mean that Kairi and Riku might also get redesigns? Because I think those two need it more than Sora does.

Not sure which specific article, but check the E3 recap page. I think it has it. But Nomura said nothing about Riku and Kairi, only Sora. But seeing as an outfit change for Sora usually leads to other characters getting one too (KH2 and DDD) I think it's safe to assume that it will happen.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
-cartwheels around the house like a lunatic in excitement- This is- OMG! I'm so glad Nomura didn't deny the possibility of playing as the two! More screentime for Kairi? Yes, please! Aww, playing as Kai would be a dream come true for me! Especially since I was starting to worry about them pushing her to the sidelines again in III. Anyway, me hopes that this is dreamceptioned into Nomura's mind, and he goes through with it. It'd be a great tie to BbS if he did! Though I wouldn't mind if they just chose to do this for multiplayer stuff, either.

And that tidbit about Sora learning about "the true power of the Keyblade in DDD" was quite interesting.

Also, what exactly does "there is also a response to a sneak preview" mean? I don't think I'm interpreting it right. Is there going to be another sneak preview soon, or...

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Not sure which specific article, but check the E3 recap page. I think it has it. But Nomura said nothing about Riku and Kairi, only Sora. But seeing as an outfit change for Sora usually leads to other characters getting one too (KH2 and DDD) I think it's safe to assume that it will happen.

That's right I'm looking forward to that.

Okay Thanks. I somehow completely missed that article.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You know, I do like the idea of unlocking Riku and Kairi's story after beating Sora's. Maybe it could even incorporate some of the stuff originally planned for BbSV2 that way (like Kairi being at the Haunted Mansion)? IDK. It probably wouldn't work out, but I think it could be a cool reward. After all, we've waited years for this game. I don't want the experience to end too soon, if that’s at all possible. (Speaking of which, I would LOVE it if they included bonus things on the game disc, like "deleted scenes" or something. It would just be so cool if they went all out for KHIII, and it would be a great way to end the Xehanort Saga.)

And if we could only have a Riku or Kairi scenario in this, I think I'd vote for Kairi to have the one. She just has so much left to do as a character, and I think Riku could sit back for one game (especially since DDD sort of ended his story, in my opinion).

Also, I think it's pretty cool how Square plans to keep everyone up to date on KHIII's status, after it having taken so long for them to begin development for it, but at the same time... I hope this doesn't turn into another promise they can't keep:/ Like when DDD was supposed to be at E3 and it wasn't.

Plus, if they give too much away, it might extremely lesson the shock value of things and make people get sick of hearing about KH. I mean, there always has to be some mystery, right? And I really don’t want them to spoil too much about the game, if they can avoid it (though I’ll probably just stay away from all things KH for a while, for those who don’t do that… I really hope Square doesn’t ruin the experience for them too much).

Last edited:

limit

So, what style do you think Yoko Shimomura will be scoring KHIII in? Pre-BBS or Post-BBS?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Come on nomura give me a playable riku & kairi!

And that tidbit about Sora learning about "the true power of the Keyblade in DDD" was quite interesting.
Found that interesting to.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Can't wait for TGS! :D.
I hope that the Driveforms return in a more epic style.

I hope so too. Drive Forms were one of my favorite things in the entire series. I hope they return.

So, what style do you think Yoko Shimomura will be scoring KHIII in? Pre-BBS or Post-BBS?

It doesn't matter. Everything she makes is perfect. Every game has had incredible music.

Especially DDD. Dat dream eater theme song.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
So excited for TGS and D23! If only the D23 expo held in Anaheim had something for KH as well ;A;\

Well you never do know, D23 generally has a lot of surprise and while there definitely won't be a humongous KH event, there could be some KH exclusive stuff they might talk about or merchandise they might release. I'd be content with any recognition of KH by Disney on US soil.

He also said nothing had been decided on whether or not Riku and Kairi would be getting their own playable scenarios.

I have a strong feeling that one if not both of them are getting playable scenarios because Nomura is not one to lie nor is he one to give huge secrets away so early on. If Nomura said "no, it isn't happening" and it turned out true, he'd be lying, and if he laughed and said he couldn't say anything, that would all but guarantee he has something planned. I feel like the best route for Nomura, if there were scenarios of them planned, would be to say "nothing is planned at the moment" because it's so safe.

Anyways I also hope that KH3 doesn't have a final mix, I really hate missing out. :/

The Final Mixes are not intended to give Japanese people exclusive DLC the world won't ever get, it's so that the Japanese people can play the game and hear the cutscenes with the US langauges. Remember, in Japan, most people speak Japanese and understand basic English. In the US, barely anyone understands basic Japanese.

I do think there will be a Final Mix in Japan so that people can hear the English voices, but you have to remember...DLC EXISTS!!!!

If SE never released the extra content overseas as DLC, it would not only be a stupid business decision, but people would get really pissed and SE would have absolutely no excuse.

I really hope this doesn't mean they're racing to see who gets their game out first. :I
FFXV has been in the works for years. KH3 still hasn't got a full scenario worked out. If FFXV lost a race against a game that's only been in development for a few months...sigh. Everyone, fired. GTFO[/COLOR]

With both games being so hyped up and a lot riding on each, I bet the competition is more along the lines of, who can make a better game overall, not who can get it out faster. I don't think SE is that stupid to try and rush out 2 of the largest titles this decade.

Or perhaps it's more metaphorical, that way the "key" could mean anything...

Yes, I'm assuming it's more metaphorical and it isn't a keyblade but something else or someone. If it were just a physical object and nobody mentioned it this whole time, it'd be a huge plot hole unless there was some circumstance that made it appear RIGHT NOW and only just now, which I feel would be dumb.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nomura is not one to lie nor is he one to give huge secrets away so early on. If Nomura said "no, it isn't happening" and it turned out true, he'd be lying
Have you read Nomura's past interviews before? Dude always says stuff that never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back