• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Demo Confirmed for Gamescom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
World reveals in Famitsu were a thing for the handheld games with lower budgets and before online marketing was as effective as it is now. The games being released in Japan months before also played a part as the initial marketing only needed to reach Japanese audiences.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a modern AAA title with a near global release, therefore its marketing needs to reach more people at the same time. So it doesn’t make sense to release the big news through an exclusive Japanese magazine that global audiences will need to rely on fan translations to understand. It’s much more effective to post trailers on YouTube after an event and let them go viral. I’m sure there will be smaller stuff through Famitsu like exclusive screens, gameplay details, etc. But I highly doubt there will be any Disney world reveals through Famitsu, especially since there are only a couple left to reveal.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'd say the last worlds will be revealed at TGS and Jump Festa.
Jump festa might have the intro as for worlds tgs will big hero 6 what ever come after that is anybody guess.

I mean nomura said we going to see every world before launch so with tgs having big hero 6 paris game week could have couple world and don't count out the game award show or a new trailer there to reach the general audience.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
World reveals in Famitsu were a thing for the handheld games with lower budgets and before online marketing was as effective as it is now. The games being released in Japan months before also played a part as the initial marketing only needed to reach Japanese audiences.

Kingdom Hearts 2 also had world reveals in magazines. Until the game comes out, we can't really know.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a modern AAA title with a near global release, therefore its marketing needs to reach more people at the same time. So it doesn’t make sense to release the big news through an exclusive Japanese magazine that global audiences will need to rely on fan translations to understand. It’s much more effective to post trailers on YouTube after an event and let them go viral. I’m sure there will be smaller stuff through Famitsu like exclusive screens, gameplay details, etc. But I highly doubt there will be any Disney world reveals through Famitsu, especially since there are only a couple left to reveal.
While it's true that KH3 is the biggest game in the series when compared to the other handheld titles that revealed worlds (e.g. BBS, DDD), I doubt they are going to save information just three months before the game comes out just like how HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue didn't start consistently revealing info through Famitsu, Jump Magazine since September of 2016 after their TGS showing.

They could still have this month be dedicated to Olympus and Kingdom of Corona, even though these worlds were seen in previous articles mostly as Images or snippets. However, we have yet to see what the Character renders for the Tangled and the Hercules characters look like in promotional material and the plot fo these worlds nd frankly, I doubt they would save them at the very end of the year. So who knows it's possible, but could go either way.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 2 also had world reveals in magazines. Until the game comes out, we can't really know.

Both main titles fall under the criteria I described as well. But I wasn’t online prior to the release of KH2, so I didn’t want to lump them in with Days and onwards. Of course we can’t know until it happens or it doesn’t. But considering how the reveals thus far have been handled and current marketing trends being more direct-to-consumer compared to 6+ years ago, I’d be surprised if they reveal a full Disney world through a magazine. (Not counting 100 Acre Wood in the event it is a minigame world again. Anything like that I could see showing up first in magazines.)

This is just my opinion but at this point in the process, it would almost be a shame to reveal a full Disney world without footage of the incredible animation work they’re doing. It made sense to reveal BH6 through concept art since nothing else was ready, but they shouldn’t have that problem now. Their current trend of releasing a trailer and then following up with magazine interviews seems to be working pretty well. I can see that approach continuing through to Jump Festa.

While it's true that KH3 is the biggest game in the series when compared to the other handheld titles that revealed worlds (e.g. BBS, DDD), I doubt they are going to save information just three months before the game comes out just like how HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue didn't start consistently revealing info through Famitsu, Jump Magazine since September of 2016 after their TGS showing.

They could still have this month be dedicated to Olympus and Kingdom of Corona, even though these worlds were seen in previous articles mostly as Images or snippets. However, we have yet to see what the Character renders for the Tangled and the Hercules characters look like in promotional material and the plot fo these worlds nd frankly, I doubt they would save them at the very end of the year. So who knows it's possible, but could go either way.

I’m not saying there won’t be any reveals through Famitsu, only that there most likely won’t be any brand new full Disney world reveals through it. Not when there’s most likely only two of those left, not counting 100 Acre Wood. 2.8 didn’t have a whole lot of new content to reveal without spoiling all of 0.2 and Back Cover. KH3 has a lot more content that they can reveal over the September-January period.

What you said is important to my point though. There is plenty of unseen stuff from already announced worlds that Famitsu and other magazines could easily have exclusive reveals for. But the new Disney worlds are the best way to get a strong reaction from the general public, so they should be saved for the big trailers, in my opinion.

In short, my stance is:

New Disney worlds, party members, Organization members, summons, and attraction flows should be revealed through trailers. Magazine features should be used to expand upon previously revealed content and to fill in information gaps that trailers don’t have time to cover. This is what I think would be the most effective for marketing, but Square Enix could think otherwise, of course.

kingsoraful

Awards
I think magazines will reveal soem of the worlds. It's how it's always been, not everything has to be revealed in a trailer. In fact seeing it in a magazine to me gets me amped to see the world in action in a trailer.

Anyway I think TGS will reveal BH6 and one new Disney World and also Radiant Garden or at least some FF characters revealed.
Jump Festa will definitely be a big event as well. I can see the final Disney World being revealed there.

I think we still have 3 Disney Worlds to go including 100 Acre Wood.

Still think it's Jungle Book and Princess and the Frog.

The golden age of Disney needs some representation in this game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Kingsoraful you mentioned that Jungle Book was one of Nomura's favorite Disney films after Lion King. Has he ever officially stated that?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Absolutely expect it to be incredibly crowded. At E3, over three days, we had to come back multiple times a day just to see if they were letting people in the line (they would threaten you if you hung around) and then you spent around 2+ hours waiting for a chance to play (less if you chose to play on Xbox). At San Diego Comic Con they brought in a ticket reservation system and hopefully that went well and will be their model for conventions going forward, as having a reserved time spot to play the game is a lot better than wasting your time hoping they'll let you into the line.

So yeah, Kingdom Hearts III is incredibly popular with the longest wait times I've seen at any convention so do plan for it to be crowded and do have back up games to demo in the unfortunate event you are unable to play.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
At E3 they told us that you get 20 minutes to play. You can play Olympus (roughly 10 minutes) and then spend the rest of the time in Toy Box or you can go into Toy Box and have fun there and if you have time you can go play Olympus.

Toy Box has a seven minute cutscene at the start (including a scripted battle) and it’s recommended that you skip the cutscenes so you can ensure you have enough time for both.

yremissa

At E3 they told us that you get 20 minutes to play. You can play Olympus (roughly 10 minutes) and then spend the rest of the time in Toy Box or you can go into Toy Box and have fun there and if you have time you can go play Olympus.

Toy Box has a seven minute cutscene at the start (including a scripted battle) and it’s recommended that you skip the cutscenes so you can ensure you have enough time for both.

Ok thanks! Hope they do the same there :)

yremissa

Soooo I played the demo at Gamescom. They only let me play 1 part of the demo :(

Buuut! The game looks amazing. The only thing that bothered me was te camera. It went crazy.... and it was too easy to reach the second form and stuff like that... waaaaay to easy. I could use that every 10sec. Like it s too much!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Not much of a surprise, but during IGN’s sit down about KH3, the community manager basically confirmed that the Hidden Mickeys will be a minigame/side quest and said there may be prizes for finding them all.

Another little tidbit was that they aren’t planning to reveal the identity of the final boss of Toy Box until release, which makes me hopeful that the UFO from D23 won’t be the final boss. I think that will just be the miniboss when we have to rescue the aliens.

http://m.ign.com/videos/2018/08/23/...om-2018?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Another little tidbit was that they aren’t planning to reveal the identity of the final boss of Toy Box until release, which makes me hopeful that the UFO from D23 won’t be the final boss. I think that will just be the miniboss when we have to rescue the aliens.

Good to know! SQEX typically does a lot of deceiving things with their trailers and this was one of them. Thanks Zip.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not much of a surprise, but during IGN’s sit down about KH3, the community manager basically confirmed that the Hidden Mickeys will be a minigame/side quest and said there may be prizes for finding them all.

Kingdom Hearts 3: Toy Story Level - Live Developer Playthrough - Gamescom 2018 - IGN Video

Interesting. So Zurg is still a possbility. Either that or we fight a miniature toy version of YX, lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts 3: Toy Story Level - Live Developer Playthrough - Gamescom 2018 - IGN Video

Thanks for this. Next time, can you please send a message to all news staff so one of us could know that it exists if we don't find it ourselves?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks for this. Next time, can you please send a message to all news staff so one of us could know that it exists if we don't find it ourselves?

Sorry, since it was just another playthrough like the ones at E3, I didn’t think it would qualify as newsworthy. I’ll try to discern better next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back