• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III As Told By Emojis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix and Disney have released "A Look At KINGDOM HEARTS III| As Told By Emoji by Disney", a brand new episode of Disney's As Told By Emoji series that recaps iconic Disney moments though animated emojis. This video celebrates the highly-lauded launch of the thirteenth installment of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, providing a fun look at where the series began and also covers a handful of Disney films featured in Kingdom Hearts 3.

KINGDOM HEARTS III takes players on the adventure of a lifetime through a vast array of worlds. From destinations inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Big Hero 6 and Frozen to Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story and Monsters, Inc., each world brings with it magical moments, unique gameplay experiences and classic characters new and old.

In the game, longtime fans and newcomers alike will follow the exciting new adventures of Sora, a young Keyblade wielder tasked with protecting the universe from an evil force known as the Heartless. Sora, with the help of his loyal companions Donald and Goofy, will team up with iconic Disney and Pixar characters in an attempt to defeat the darkness and save the universe.

“A Look At KINGDOM HEARTS III | As Told By Emoji by Disney” is an entertaining, fun-filled four minutes that provides a whistle-stop tour of the events in KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS III, all told through the magic of emoji. The video highlights how Sora, Donald and Goofy’s journey began and how it continues in the latest installment of the series, adventuring to new worlds and meeting new friends along the way.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
That's cute. Especially the part were Olaf steals Sora's keyblade. Wasn't expecting that Xehanort Emoji at the end

LostArtist

Awards
wow this is actually really creative!
best part lol
a28Ufsk.mp4

goofy is me

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Respect to Disney for really going all out with the Emoji summary for Kingdom Hearts III. They even went the extra mile to define Nobodies and Unversed.

Vaddix

Awards
Woahohoh. That Unversed definition took me back.

Am I wrong, or is that not a bit weird? That definition is in line more with a description Nomura gave in a very early BbS interview, back when they were still probably called Unbirths, wasn't it? In particular the "opposite of human life" part. I have never seen that phrase used to describe Unversed, except in that interview.

It's getting me back into my "What was BbS's plot/premise and the nature of Vanitas and the Unbirths originally supposed to be" theorizing hype.

LostArtist

Awards

Am I wrong, or is that not a bit weird? That definition is in line more with a description Nomura gave in a very early BbS interview, back when they were still probably called Unbirths, wasn't it? In particular the "opposite of human life" part. I have never seen that phrase used to describe Unversed, except in that interview.

It's getting me back into my "What was BbS's plot/premise and the nature of Vanitas and the Unbirths originally supposed to be" theorizing hype.

If you search online, other people feel the same way after watching the video (unless that was also you who wrote that thread haha).
Also, interestingly the disney wiki has that definition of unversed, maybe that's why they decided to use it lol

Vaddix

Awards
If you search online, other people feel the same way after watching the video (unless that was also you who wrote that thread haha).
Also, interestingly the disney wiki has that definition of unversed, maybe that's why they decided to use it lol

Was not I! This is the only place I've been to see this posted so far.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking along those lines, either way.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

That's what I thought as well. I wish we got to keep the Unbirth concept, I feel like it would've been really cool. But... Maybe it's also darker than we thought? Maybe they were kinda like ghosts or something weird like that. But I definitely remember that interview, that was hype.

Vaddix

Awards
That's what I thought as well. I wish we got to keep the Unbirth concept, I feel like it would've been really cool. But... Maybe it's also darker than we thought? Maybe they were kinda like ghosts or something weird like that. But I definitely remember that interview, that was hype.

I strongly think BlackDrazon or whoever else may have been in one of his KH Retrospective threads was on the right track with this--that they may have had something to do with the fact that Sora shouldn't have been newborn, but not-yet-born when Ventus found his heart. Then if you consider the Vanitas-Sora connection as being between a being of pure darkness and someone who was not yet born at the time, you get, I think the way Drazon put it, the question of "What do the emotions of someone not yet born look like" or something to that effect.

But anywho, not to derail this thread with BbS theories.
Part of me is sad they only really did a recap of KH1, but then, I also can't imagine them doing that much more than they already did.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I feel like they were trying to not "spoil" things.
But they were already shown in the trailers well before this was made. :'(

If they really were using the Disney wiki while making this, then just imagine what could have happened if someone was screwing around with the wiki page at just the right moment. XD

LostArtist

Awards
If they really were using the Disney wiki while making this, then just imagine what could have happened if someone was screwing around with the wiki page at just the right moment. XD

LOL that would be funny. I imagine someone looking at some really out there (and completely wrong) definition, then looking back at kingdom hearts and going "yea looks about right."
(I imagine whoever saw and put "opposite of human life" probably felt the same way lmao)

Back