• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts II Volume 8 Manga Cover + Release Date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The long-awaited conclusion of Shiro Amano's manga adaptation of Kingdom Hearts II is approaching. With its eighth volume set to be released later this month, Amano took the opportunity to reveal the cover art on his twitter, featuring Sora, Roxas and Axel and an all too familiar clock tower. Volume 8 of the highly anticipated Kingdom Hearts II manga will finally be released on the July 22nd 2014 in Japan.

Make sure you follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitterTumblr, and Youtube for all the latest Kingdom Hearts 3 & Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- news!

Source: Shiro Amano via Twitter 

Kenzichi

Re: Kingdom Hearts II Volume 8 Manga Cover and Release Date

I LOVE the cover! He needs to hurry up and release another artbook because I love his art!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I knew it'd have Axel on the cover ;~;

(That better mean the next volume will have Riku because damn it we need Riku with his long messy hair drawn by Amano and not just vague!Rikunort ;~;)

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I knew it'd have Axel on the cover ;~;

(That better mean the next volume will have Riku because damn it we need Riku with his long messy hair drawn by Amano and not just vague!Rikunort ;~;)

Isn't this the last volume?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Is Axel going to die in Issue 8. Really? Who organized this numerical tragedy.

I dunno if it'll be the last volume, the Castle that Never Was is a pretty long story, KH2 is very back-loaded. We may see an entire volume on Xemnas and the ending. :S It'd be extreme, but it doesn't seem impossible. Unless someone's said something confirming this is the end?

ok sunny

Awards
Wow, so they kept up with the manga then... I have every KH Manga up to copy 2 of the KH2 series, but I thought they discontinued the series a while ago. I'll be sure to pick up the rest when they come out in North America!

But since they are going to finish the KH2 series soon, does that mean they'll start up BBS and/or DDD? Unless that's already been made, I'm hoping the get my hands on a copy of each!

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
@Voyageer: Tokyopop dropped the manga a few years ago after KH2 volume 2 was released. Yen Press recently picked it back up, and you can find 358/2 Days volumes 1 & 2 at bookstores like Barnes & Noble, along with re-releases of the original KH manga. They put those 4 books into 2, I think, and called them "Final Mixes."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, so they kept up with the manga then... I have every KH Manga up to copy 2 of the KH2 series, but I thought they discontinued the series a while ago. I'll be sure to pick up the rest when they come out in North America!

Wow you are really behind. The manga has been published under Yen Press. KH1FM vol 1 + 2 contain new chapters. KH2 vol 1 + 2 contain 1-5 of the Japanese manga. Vol 3 coming at the end of this year contains 6 & 7.

You can also buy Days (which is infinitely better than the game)

KINGDOM HEARTS Manga & Artbook Available for Pre-Order! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I've been hearing mixed things about KH1FM's manga, can someone clear it up for me?

Here's a list of what I've heard:

• KH1FM is exactly the same as the original manga save for the 3 volumes instead of 4 thing, which is true of all four possibilities.
  • KH1FM includes bonus chapters covering, at least, the fight with Xemnas.
  • KH1FM did not originally include bonus chapters in 2007 but the new release does. This seems awfully strange since the only things that have changed are on the English side, but what do I know?
  • And yes, I've even heard the last: KH1FM did include bonus chapters in 2007 but the current release does not. Legal issues? I don't know.
Now, I've never read the manga, so for all I know it's also possible that Xemnas was always there even before Final Mix and there are no "bonus chapters" so to speak, so we can call that Possibility #5.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH1FM is exactly the same as the original manga save for the 3 volumes instead of 4 thing, which is true of all four possibilities.

The 3 volumes thing was true of Japan. Everything is exactly the same except the added bonus chapters based on the Final Mix version of the game.

KH1FM includes bonus chapters covering, at least, the fight with Xemnas.

It does in fact contain extra chapters of the Xemnas fight, the part with Riku lost in the RoD and talking to Mickey.

KH1FM did not originally include bonus chapters in 2007 but the new release does. This seems awfully strange since the only things that have changed are on the English side, but what do I know?

The Japanese version of KHFM does in fact include the bonus chapters. Shiro Amano didn't draw anything new for America.

Kingdom Hearts, when first released in North America, was 4 volumes and did not have the extra content because KHFM wasn't out in Japan when Tokyopop had started started translating.

Yen Press fixed this with their 2013 release.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Great news that it's making progress. Since it doesn't seem this is the last volume hopefully the last one will follow soon. Hopefully Shiro plans on (and wants to) make the other games into manga, for I will buy all of them. :D

ok sunny

Awards
Wow you are really behind. The manga has been published under Yen Press. KH1FM vol 1 + 2 contain new chapters. KH2 vol 1 + 2 contain 1-5 of the Japanese manga. Vol 3 coming at the end of this year contains 6 & 7.

You can also buy Days (which is infinitely better than the game)

KINGDOM HEARTS Manga & Artbook Available for Pre-Order! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider
Thanks for that lol. I am pretty behind because I didn't think Shiro Amano was going to continue since the hiatus was really long. But I actually have the KH1FM vol 1 + 2 & KH2 vol 1 + 2!

I'll be sure to check out Days tho! I remember playing the game but getting a bit bored. The story is really good so I'm hoping the manga makes use of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back