• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS II Volume 1 & 2 Manga Covers Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hopefully you all have picked up copies of Yen Press' KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX Volumes 1 & 2 which contain additional chapters not included in the original TokyoPop print of the series, and KINGDOM HEARTS: CHAIN OF MEMORIES that released a few days ago! If you haven't, drop by your local bookstore or visit an online retailer and get your copies today!

On July 30th, the first of the two KINGDOM HEARTS II omnibuses will be released in the United States, then the second will follow on August 27th. Below are the new covers for the two omnibuses which collect the first five volumes of the series, also being the first time volumes 3-5 will be available to the American market since TokyoPop dropped the series in 2008.

KINGDOM HEARTS II Volume 1 omnibus will contain the original volumes 1-2 as well as half of 3. Volume 2 omnibus collects the remaining half of volume 3 with volumes 4-5. 

Also, don't forget to pre-order KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days and Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts and let Yen Press know you want to see the novels translated!

Follow us on TwitterFacebook, and Tumblr for all of the latest news on KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and KINGDOM HEARTS 3!

KINGDOM HEARTS II Volume 1
Page Count: 480
Price: $19 USD
Release Date: July 30th 2013

Here is the continuing the adventure begun in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories! Our new story takes place sometime later, in the quiet little 'burb called Twilight Town, a place nestled between night and day. Sora, Donald, and Goofy awaken after a long slumber with clouded memories - and continue their search for their friends!

Barnes & Noble | Amazon | RightStuf

KINGDOM HEARTS II Volume 2
Page Count: 496
Price: $19 USD
Release Date: August 27th 2013

Stunned by the cryptic words spoken by Namine, Roxas desperately tries to uncover the true connection to his dream-self, Sora. For her part, Namine wants to help Roxas in his quest, but she'll have to act quickly before DiZ succeeds in his plan to "dispose" of her. And then there is the question of Axel, and just whose side he is really on!

Barnes & Noble | Amazon | RightStuf

Thanks to forum member Antiquity for the tip!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
fucking rightstuf been stalking amazon every day for the cover image

So beautiful though, can't wait to pick it up. Course I still need to get CoM as well...

2013 is a nightmare for my wallet.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I love the second volume of KHII. It's been ages since they've released another volume of it. <3 The cover looks magnificent and colorful with SDG.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
UGH. I was checking it everyday too and I'm so upset it happened the day I decided not to check at all.

Fun (obvious) fact: KH2 vol.2 omnibus' cover is the cover for volume 3 in Japan~ (but without the near-invisible orange text and numbering 8D)

KH2YO2.jpeg
KH203.jpg

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Maybe the other covers of the manga will appear inside them just like in the KHFM mangas that were recently released a while back.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Somewhat expecting vol. 3 to be split between the two issues, so both are worth the purchase!

Maybe the other covers of the manga will appear inside them just like in the KHFM mangas that were recently released a while back.

Seems likely.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Yeah I'm pretty sure they will do that which is great since I was originally disappointed that they were omnibuses since most omnibuses don't do that where they include the other covers inside :)

Can't wait!!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Confirmed by Yen Press that the first volume contains vol. 1-2 + first half of vol. 3. Second volume will contain second half of 3 + 4-5.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm disappointed they didn't use the cover I wanted and the price is a bit steep but I'm excited nonetheless!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Take solace in the fact our next cover for Vol. 3 (vol. 6) will probably be this one!

BTW GUYS KH2 VOL 1 COMES OUT THE DAY AFTER MY B-DAY <3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm just so happy that they're going to be big, full, omnibuses. :3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
why wasn't volume 3 of the original english manga ever released?

Tokyopop lost the license for Kingdom Hearts sometime after the second volume was released and didn't deem it worthy to renew (having to work with Disney was also a huge factor). Then they went out of business and nobody picked the series back up until Yen Press, who started fresh from the beginning with better quality images and translations that stay as true as possible to the original Japanese release.

Gram

Banned
Awards
There so glorious!! ;A; If only I wasn't having to save money right now....

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I much prefer the heart logo they're using now (the one Tokyopop borrowed from the games), but now their lineup's not uniform. lol I wish they would have stuck with a design the whole run. Also, not the hugest fan of the cover for the second omnibus, but Sora looks pretty awkward on both volumes 3 & 4.

Anyways, I forgot about CoM. I'll have to pick that up soon.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Why is Donald wearing purple on the English cover?

I can confirm they did that with COM.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Only they didn't reprint the Atlantica cover, which was technically not released in the Japanese FM release, but still. ;A;

And yeah, there seems to be some color correction issues. The book probably won't appear that way.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Only they didn't reprint the Atlantica cover, which was technically not released in the Japanese FM release, but still. ;A;

Yeah, I think that's why they didn't do it, because technically under the KH1FM mangas, the Atlantica cover isn't one of them, only the 3 they gave us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back