• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts II Manga Volume 9 Cover Art!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

With less than 2 weeks to go before the 9th volume of the Kingdom Hearts II manga adaptation releases in Japan, it's about time we finally caught a glimpse of the cover artwork. As always, Shiro Amano doesn't disappoint, and masterfully captures the characters' feelings and emotions as they prepare for the final battle.

Thanks to Twitter user yossthan, you can view the artwork below. 

Kingdom Hearts II Volume 9 will be on sale on February 21, 2015 in Japan for ¥453 ($3.85 USD). 

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Ok that is an awesome cover. New wallpaper incoming.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Looks really good! I really like how Amano draws the characters in more, I don`t know, softer way. Especially how he draws the hair and the eyes.

Do you guys think Sora and co. will reach to Xemans in that volume?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I love Shiro Amano, I love what he's done with the manga, but besides the guardian this cover is a little boring for me.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The guardian is so cool. He's one of the oldest KH characters.

Does anyone else prefer when Sora's hair is straight up brown, like in this? I really don't get why he's kinda blonde in KH2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The guardian is so cool. He's one of the oldest KH characters.

Does anyone else prefer when Sora's hair is straight up brown, like in this? I really don't get why he's kinda blonde in KH2.

I definitely prefer him being a brunet. The lightening of his hair was due to his connection to Roxas. For KH3 they need to just make it go back.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It made even less for his hair to be lightened up in KH2 considering he'd just spent a year inside, out of the sunlight. But I guess that white room was pretty bright...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can I also add that Kairi looks very pretty? This volume is where she really shines as a character and I really can't wait to read it!

It made even less for his hair to be lightened up in KH2 considering he'd just spent a year inside, out of the sunlight. But I guess that white room was pretty bright...

With that much light, Namine should have gotten a tan.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Dat cover! ;A;

Seriously, though, I think everyone in that cover looks awesome. Sora looks good, Kairi looks really cute, Donald and Goofy are looking something fierce and Riku/Xehanort's Heartless and the Guardian look downright BAD ASS!

Xagzan

Awards
I normally don't follow adaptations of video games, whether movies, books, manga...but in this case, from what I've heard and the little I've seen, Kairi's actually being utilized better in this than in the games. Oi Nomura, cmon man :tongue: Don't let us down with that DDD secret ending.

Megavoltage

Awards
Now that the KH2 manga is coming to a close(finally) can we expect a Birth by Sleep manga next? What about Recoded, Dream Drop Distance, and Chi?

hlc1988

Awards
How long would we roughy have to wait for an English version to be released?

chocobo-run

Awards
I love how they make Kairi's hair more so pink in the manga than red like in the games. I don't know which I like best I think I'm leaning more toward red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back