• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts II Manga Volume 7 Releasing 11/22!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

New York Comic Con and D23 Expo Japan are both currently taking place, and no doubt everyone's waiting at the edge of their seats for any mention of Kingdom Hearts from either event. However, that doesn't mean we're left completely at a standstill in the meantime. After all, news comes in all varieties, and for all the manga enthusiasts out there, this one is just for you!

Thanks to ArikaMiz, we've just learnt that the 7th volume of the Kingdom Hearts II manga by Shiro Amano will be releasing on November 22nd!

Source: ArikaMiz

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They must have Amano locked in a room and forcing him to draw because it is always so shocking to hear about him finishing a volume so fast. xD

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
They must have Amano locked in a room and forcing him to draw because it is always so shocking to hear about him finishing a volume so fast. xD

And things must stay that way until the first chapter of BBS is penciled. I need that commitment undertaken. Make it official somehow. Make him sign his name in blood, Disney. I don't care how, just. make. him. do. it. 8|

iluamano

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
And things must stay that way until the first chapter of BBS is penciled. I need that commitment undertaken. Make it official somehow. Make him sign his name in blood, Disney. I don't care how, just. make. him. do. it. 8|

iluamano

Things should stay that way until he finishes BbS manga. Who doesn't love him and his art style anyway?

Kenzichi

I'm excited to see the cover! And I can't wait for him to draw the end. I love his work :)
I didn't even know he was on volume 7 already. We only have the first 4 books (in 2 omnibuses) in America so far right? Hope they release the latest volumes here soon.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Can't wait for the cover either. *u*

We only have the first 4 books (in 2 omnibuses) in America so far right? Hope they release the latest volumes here soon.

Actually we have the first 5. The two omnibuses share halves of volume 3. I'm not sure how Yen Press is going to go about releasing the KHII volumes from here on out, since Days won't be in omnibus form (maybe one day).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wouldn't be surprised if they put 6 + 7 together to make their vol. 3. Their coming year's KH lineup consists of the rest of Days, so I imagine they will finish releasing those sometime mid-2014 then get back to KH2. It both allows Shiro Amano to get more chapters out (because we don't know what volume he even plans to end KH2 xD Though I predict maybe three more after 7), and Yen Press time to translate considering the history with Amano.

(But oh god I want him to work on a BBS manga so much. KH3D as well...and if he ever decided to do a Re:coded one, it should just be a nice one-shot book with just a bunch of 4 komas feat. data!Sora and data!Riku being dorks xD)

I also want more of that weird series he started, Kattyusan

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Although this has nothing to do with the manga, it's very positive news nonetheless.

To start, the artbook is at NYCC. Not for sale but I thumbed through it quickly (I have a few photos that I can post if you guys want but I didn't want to take a photo of every page lol) and from what I saw, it is a page-by-page exact duplicate of the Japanese version except in English. Nothing new and nothing taken out so I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't already own the Japanese one.

Okay, now for the exciting part. I talked to one of the head exhibitors of the booth there and expressed my disappointment over the lack of the Kingdom Hearts novels appearing and she told me that while she cannot say anything that either confirms or denies it, she just said that "Yen Press absolutely loves novels and lite novels and if anyone is losing hope that the novels won't be translated, don't lost hope just yet and stay VERY hopeful for the near future." So I think that's quite the good news ;) Not an official confirmation, but Yen Press definitely wants to bring them over.

Last edited:

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
That's awesome that you got a sneak peek. YP has remained pretty faithful to the Japanese releases which I appreciate. As for the novels, I would love to have those in hand. She just boosted my hopes a little. I'm not sure how well the manga is selling, but maybe they're considering it because of an influx of their sales, the "revival" of KH in terms of the HD 1.5 ReMIX and announcement of KHIII.

Princess Marina

Will you let us know about the English Version of the Manga since Vol 2 of the new English Translation one cuts short after Sora finds out Kairi was kidnapped, they should be doing a Volume 3 right as it says at the end but yet there isn't been any updates about it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back