• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts II Manga Volume 10 releasing 8/22 + Cover Art Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It has been a nine year journey, but soon the Kingdom Hearts II manga will truly finish its run in Japan as Square Enix finally releases the highly-anticipated 10th volume on August 22nd.

Back in May, Shiro Amano celebrated the end of Kingdom Hearts II's serialization with a new wallpaper and also showed off a beautful piece of artwork that is featured at the end of volume 10.

You can check out the jubilant cover of the final volume below:

Source: ArikaMiz via Twitter, GanGan

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I literally just got the Shiro Amano KH artbook in the mail today. How fitting! Cover looks awesome.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ahh the final volume of Kingdom Hearts II at last. I'm really hoping Amano does BBS next.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh, just look at them! They are so happy and cute. KH2 Riku with long hair, that is an a sight we don`t get to see very often. It just puts a smile on to my face to just look at the Destiny Trio. :) I gotta buy the novel and the final Days manga soon.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I hope he does KH3D next to prepare for KH3 :3
Seeing all that gayness in manga form would kill me with cute

Indecisive Gamer

I haven't ever really read any of the manga. Is it is canon? Because I've heard people say it was and wasn't.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Lol, I just adore Riku's expression as he's like "what the hell have I gotten myself into??? What am I doing here...?" while all the others are like "yay, big group-hug!"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I'm trying to make sense of the art...Kairi and Riku are the only two with their legs in the water, whereas Donald has his butt in the air so he's flying into the picture and Goofy is...I'm not too sure what Goofy is doing.

Sora seems to be piggybacking on Riku but for a minute I thought he was walking on water. Kairi's arm is up in an awkward angle haha. (And I'm going to believe that Mickey is taking the photo since he's not in the picture)

;A; It's so cute!

I literally just got the Shiro Amano KH artbook in the mail today. How fitting! Cover looks awesome.

*u* Enjoying the art book?

Ooh, just look at them! They are so happy and cute. KH2 Riku with long hair, that is an a sight we don`t get to see very often. It just puts a smile on to my face to just look at the Destiny Trio. :) I gotta buy the novel and the final Days manga soon.

Shiro Amano managed to make Riku's awful mop look leagues better than it did in the games. Praise be to Amano!

Don't forget to preorder CoM novel as well!

Ahh the final volume of Kingdom Hearts II at last. I'm really hoping Amano does BBS next.

Amano cheated us out of BBS art for the novels because he was sick, so I demand this instantl--

I hope he does KH3D next to prepare for KH3 :3
Seeing all that gayness in manga form would kill me with cute

Oh...but this. ;~;

I haven't ever really read any of the manga. Is it is canon? Because I've heard people say it was and wasn't.

Like Mega said, they are not canon. They diverge from the original story quite a bit, but they are still really good. The manga has a lot more flavor to it than the games. The characters are much more fun with interesting personalities, Kairi does actual things that actually matter, the story itself is a bit more comedic but also with better pacing than the games, and...yeah. The manga are a true joy to read. I'd recommend checking them out.

Lol, I just adore Riku's expression as he's like "what the hell have I gotten myself into??? What am I doing here...?" while all the others are like "yay, big group-hug!"

Riku's face is definitely the best haha

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I would love for this to be the final volume cover for the Yen Press releases! Omnibuses are typically 3-in-1 style, so I'm assuming 8, 9, and 10 will be bundled, but they could have evenly split them in 2.5 increments had they the foresight.

Amano, it's perfect~

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Ahh! This cover is just so cute! Gotta love how Shiro Amano makes everything about this series even more endearing than it all ready is=]

And it feels like I've been waiting for this manga to come out for forever now. I'm glad that it's finally happening, but it's also sad in a way.

But back to the cover: I love that Kairi has gotten into the water with the friends, and is even joining in on the fun. That's something I wanted to happen in canon, actually. Instead of waiting for Sora (and the others) to get to her on the beach, why not meet them half-way?

I actually felt that same way about the good ending in X-2, as well. Tidus could have also been running to Yuna also, but anyway...

I'm glad to see the gang cutely celebrating together here: it's what I always wanted (and I do actually headcanon that after Sora grabs onto Kairi's hand in the canon ending, he pulls Kairi into the water with them and then they all just splash around together), and once again Shiro Amano has delivered^_^

And let us all now hope that he'll do BbS next. Eep!

And that he's on the writing staff for KHIII.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I love this cover. It's so adorable and happy with Sora piggybacking on Riku (Riku looks like he didn't know Sora was going to do that) and Donald an Goofy jumping in from behind (I need there to be an inside illustration of everyone fallen in the water.) However Kairi's arm almost looks detached but I think it's just because of her hair covering it. But that's my only issue with the cover.

kingsoraful

Awards
You would think with a successful manga that we would be heading towards a Kingdom Hearts anime, but I guess it's up to Disney.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't think successful manga = successful anime. I'm not gonna discount the effort that goes into creating a manga, but making an anime probably consumes more resources and effort because you have to color it, animate it, and give it sound effects and voices.

Besides, what kind of approach would it take? Would it be made up of non-canon silliness like the manga, or would it try to retell the original story in a more detailed and serious way?

An anime would need to bring something new to the table. The games gave us the base story, characters, and the interaction that comes with being a video game (Messing around in the world! Boss battles! Regular battles!). The manga gave us a different, more laid-back (and silly) version of all that, plus a little extra characterization that the games didn't provide to make up for the lack of video game-level interaction. What would the anime have that the other two don't?

hlc1988

Awards
I hope this means that a Yen Press release won't be too far away then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back