• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, yeah, this is the very first step I take into the field of Fanfiction-writing around here.
And it is in fact my very first story both in English (as I'm native German) as well as in Kingdom Hearts.
It takes off a bit after the scenes in Blank Points when Kairi gives Sora the good luck charm and will be essentially my take on the future unfolding story, which does not necessarily mean incorporating all things we know so far of Dream Drop Distance.
On a side note, this story will not contain any official pairings or stuff, just close bonds between hearts and people.

The story itself is already somewhat progressed (up to chapter 41 as of 26th February 2012) and I will most likely post a new chapter every Saturday or Sunday if I have the time.

EDIT: Due to my work requiring more attention at the moment I will resort to posting a chapter every second week until further notice.

Italic text without quotation marks represents thoughts.
--- => three dashes within a chapter indicate a location change.

hiulogosmall.png

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

#####
Prologue: The sleepover decision

"Man, that was a strenuous task to get my father's approval, I assure you." Kairi sighed while leaning back on the couch inside Sora's room.

"Whaat? How come? Haven't we been friends since we were little?" Sora gave her a puzzled look, sitting on his bed with legs crossed.

On the other side of the room, sitting in Sora's desk chair, Riku let out a short chuckle.
"Oh Sora, sometimes you really are clueless, aren't you?"

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean, ha?" The spiky-haired brunette pouted back in mock annoyance.
"Easy lad, look, if you had a daughter and she would ask you to get permission to have a sleepover with two guys, don't you think there would be a little worrying at all? Especially at our age span?" Riku lectured in a semi-professional manner, ending it with a playful smirk.

"Ah, come on Riku, as would one of us ever do something inappropriate to Kairi, seriously!" Sora flipped Mickey's letter in his hand, shaking his head.

"Yeah, we all know that, but hey, you know how parents think sometimes." Kairi giggled and pushed one strand of her hair back behind her ear.

Sora sighed, but then grinned widely. "Yup, they can cope better with us being away for long periods of time than having a girl spending a night with two of her closest male friends, now that's what I would call weird."

"Speaking of which, shouldn't we go down to business? As far as I remember, we didn't decide on this sleepover just for fun." Riku answered, his eyes facing his comrades with a serious look.

"You're right Riku, we've to set up a plan. After all, the king wrote in his letter that this third journey laying before you may be even more difficult than the first two combined." Kairi nodded in agreement, snatching the letter from Sora's hand.

"No Kairi, it's not about the journey itself, that we'll have to discuss with the king." Sora mumbled, lowering his head and clutching his hands.

Kairi was flabbergasted. "But Sora, then what-?"
"It's about you." Sora whispered, his voice uneasy and hollow.
Kairi huffed, got up and stood in front of Sora, hands at her hips. "Now will you spill it out? Why do I have to pull out every word from your nose?"

Sora looked aside. "Well, this isn't easy for me, but, as it stands now you won't accompany us, which is arguably for the better. Nevertheless I'm also not content with leaving you here on the islands again."

"Why not? You just said it won't be appropriate for me to accompany you, so what other scenario would there be?" Kairi replied, obviously irritated.

"Well, I assume it's because of what happened last time." Riku threw in while standing up and also moving towards the bed Sora was sitting on.

She turned to gaze at Riku. "You mean that Organization-incident? But the Organization is history, Sora, Donald, Goofy, the king and you defeated everyone of them."

"That may be true, but there are still Maleficent and Pete, furthermore, nearly everyone of my enemies know that you're my weak spot. Dammit Kairi, I just don't want to go out and then later find out that you're in danger and used as a bargaining chip again."
Both Kairi and Riku were surprised by Sora's sudden outburst, he jumping up from the bed, standing directly before the girl and locking his deep blue eyes with hers.

"Please understand Kairi, I'm afraid you'll get hurt, therefore I wanted us to discuss where we can have you stay more safely."

Kairi gulped, her cheeks getting all red. "Silly you, if it's not me it'll someone of the others you'll worry about. Going by that premise you'd have way too many weak spots." She replied softly while turning a tad aside, yet still not breaking eye contact.
Now it was Sora's turn to blush. "Uuuh, yeah, guess you're right. But don't you think it
would lessen the burden if I know at least that you'll be safe?"
She nodded with a warm smile. "Ok then, let's think about an appropriate place. Actually I myself would wish for a place where I can start to improve myself."

Riku had now reached the other two and crossed his arms before his chest. "Improve yourself? What exactly do you have in mind?"

The girl in pink chuckled. "Oh my, Riku, you usually aren't the one who's that slow, if I ever want to be a help for you two instead of just being a burden I'll have to start to learn some abilities, at least in the self defense department, don't you agree?"

He was actually baffled by his friend's determined look. Does she mean that for real? She's a princess of heart so she should have some innate powers for sure, but how to awaken them?"

"Wait Kairi, do actually mean you want to learn how to fight???" Sora looked greatly irritated.

The girl let out a small sigh again before answering. "Well, if you want to put it that way, yes, why should I let you two guys doing all of it alone every time? Beside, if I could kick some heartless-ass myself you wouldn't need to worry about me that much anymore."

Geez Louise, what has Kairi drunk for dinner??? Is she really serious? Sora raised his arms in surprise, his eyes glancing between his two friends.

"N-No, if you learn to fight you'll might overestimate your strength and go against an opponent way above your level, then I'll even more worried." He squeaked.

"Sora, I think you've over dramatizing it, that statement of going on the front lines wasn't really meant seriously, am I right, Kairi?
And to be honest, I think that teaching Kairi some defensive moves while we are on our journey might come in handy someday." Riku retorted, quiet and serious without taking his glance away from Kairi.

"Of course it wasn't meant serious, however I do want to understand my inside powers better and learn to actually do something instead of just standing at the sidelines and watch.
I've always thought about it since I came to know what I am, what does it actually mean to be a princess of heart?"
The girl was now walking up and forth before Sora's bed, seeming visibly frustrated.

"I realize I've much to learn, but I figure it would take too long to do it on my own."

Riku nodded slightly. "I've expected it'll come to this one day, alright, so, shall we now think about a suitable place for Kairi to stay? I assume you understand her reasoning now better, do you?" , turning his eyes on the brunette boy again.

Sora had by now regained his composure, and let out a smile. "Very well then Kairi, if you want to explore your hidden potential I should be the last to disagree with it. Riku, do you think that maybe Queen Minnie would be a suitable master do teach Kairi some basic magic?
You see, we must find some way to get to Disney Castle anyways if we're gonna talk to the king. Then we could just take Kairi with us and leave her in the care of Queen Minnie and Duchess Daisy when we move out. So, what do you think?"
The boy sat down on his bed again, his eyes resting on his best friend's face in excitement, eagerly awaiting his response.

"Well, I don't know about her majesties abilities, but if she agrees to teach Kairi why not. Letting her stay at Disney Castle would also not require a detour on our part." Riku brushed a strand of his silver hair aside, signalling his younger pal his approvement with another short nod.

"Yeah, thanks Riku. And you know, that place is probably one of the safest for Kairi to stay, too. Because it's protected by that cornerstone of light Donald, Goofy and I saved in our last journey." Sora added with joyful satisfaction.

"That sounds fine with me." Kairi sat down on the couch with a satisfied look, getting a blanket ready.

"Alright, that's settled. Tomorrow we've to look how to get off the islands. But now, if Kairi gets the couch, and you're in your bed, where I am supposed to sleep? On the floor? Why didn't you get the addiotional mattress from the attic, Sora?" Riku growled, frowning and displaying a false annoyed expression, his pillow and blanket under his arms.

Sora, who had already discarded his slippers and jacket, looked up with a surprised face.
"What? Since when do you need that old, felts mattress. Everytime you had a sleepover here we shared my bed, remember?"

Kairi, who already was under her blanket, snickered. "I would love to see that!"

Riku sighed, shaking his head in disbelief. " Sora, we're best friends you know, but sharing a bed is only possible if it is big enough. That aside, you move too much inside your sleep and I don't want your stinkin' foot in my mouth, the last time we did this we were still little kids, your bed will collapse now if we both get into it."

"Hey, I'm not moving in my sleep, and why do you think the bed would collapse? Did you gain that much weight already?"

"How can you tell if you move when you're asleep? And just you wait about me gaining much weight, who's the one that can't get enough of ice-cream, huh?" Riku countered and threw his pillow at Sora, who catched it with one hand.

"Ok, ok, I'm actually too tired for a pillow fight right now. let's move that to tomorrow. However, you have a point since we both grew a lot since our last sleepover." The brunette boy chuckled while getting under his own blankets.

"Well, thanks for noticing the obvious, so do you expect me to get that mattress from the attic alone?"
The silverhaired teen let out a disgruntled snort.

"No need," came the mumbled response from the other boy out of his own pillow. "Take a look at that second cupboard beside my desk, it's actually a hideaway bed which stood in our guest room in the past."

Riku turned and pulled at the handle. It's indeed a bed, so Sora just wanted to tease me, but you'll be sure to regret that later, spikey-head!
He fetched his pillow and finally got to bed at last.

Sora in the meantime turned around in his bed, laying on his back he stared at the dark ceiling of his room.
This new journey might be harder than the last, but this time we'll not slide into it unprepared. Kairi will be as safe as she can get and this time I'll have Riku by my side, together we'll be unstoppable. On top of that, we'll be sure to have the assistance of King Mickey, maybe even of Leon and the others to bring all to a good end. I will definitely save all those who are waiting for me, no matter how hard it may be.

The young keyblade wielder felt his eyelids becoming heavy, soon sleep would claim him. However, just before he fell asleep, he felt a small twitch in his heart, and very far away there was a quiet voice calling his name.

Sora!

Mmmh, who's there?
Before he could hear any answer, he finally gave in to sleep.

#####

Any constructive critic (especially on language since English is not my first) and other reviews are highly welcome. ;)

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison

So excited to continue reading this great fanfic! :3

Youniquee

Awards

I really, really like this Prolouge. And I'm not just saying that either. The way you portrayed each character was spot on. I am slightly crying because Sora and Riku didn't sleep in the same bed (inner fan girl coming out) But that's not the point. I usually dislike proluges, but this one actually kept me reading, I'm interested what's going to come next. :3

Some Construstive critic for ya. I hope I don't sound harsh :l

I think sometimes the dialouge doesn't flow right. I mean they are teenagers so I expect them to have a casual way of talking.
Sora, I think you’ve overdramatizing it…that statement of going on the front lines wasn’t really meant seriously, am I right, Kairi?
That for example. I think that it would flow better if it was written as . "I think you're over dramatizing it, Kairi saying that she wants to go on the front lines wasn't meant to be taken seriously, right Kairi?"

“Oh my, Riku, you usually aren’t the one who’s that slow…
I had to read this twice to understand...I think it would flow better as. "Oh my, Riku, you aren't usually the slow one." Or something along those lines.
These are a few examples.

And I'm also very curious about how Sora's room looks, maybe a little bit more description here and there couldn't hurt :p

Besides that, it was a really good prologue! I'm looking forward other chapters and you have my full support. Go Sephi lol n__n

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

@Taocha: Alright, here comes the next entry. ;)

@Youniquee:
Thanks, glad you like it.
My, my...it would really not have been that comfortable...as Sora's bed is really not suited for two people as big as they are now (especially Riku, lol). But hey, there's still your own imagination, right?
Next? You'll see right away.

It's ok...after all I asked for critic and I can't see any harshness in it.
As for the dialogue...I would not be surprised if it is a bit "too high" in some instances, lol.
Although I dunno if saying Kairi's name out loud two times in the same sentence is that good. Gotta think about that.
As for the second sentence...indeed, that variation I think would fit better.

Heh, more description of Sora's room, huh? Didn't see that as so important, but well.

Anyways, thanks also for pointing those out, now let's go on with chapter 1. ;)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

#####
I. A disturbance in the calmness of a heart

It seemed like an endless space, littered only with interconnected stained glass-pillars floating around, the realm of a vast, deep heart.
Some glass-pillars depicted different pictures, some the same, but there seemed not to be a clear pattern to them.

On one of these pillars sat the figure of a teenaged boy clad in a pitch black coat with flaky blonde hair.
Holding his knees up to his chest, his arms wrapped around him he didn’t move an inch, his blue eyes just staring into the distance.

He felt limp, limp and dizzy, ever since he had that final conversation with Namine and then exchanging a final smile with her at the beach of that island through his other half.

Good God, I know we’re incomplete without one another…but still, it hurts not to be myself anymore…and on top of that this eternal calmness here is driving me nuts.

Roxas didn’t know how many times he already had gone through this thought, but it came always down to the same monologue he had with himself very often since he rejoined Sora..
It was supposed he would be resting inside Sora, living on somewhat through the boy who comprised his other half, yet his mind still could not find peace.
His own memories had somehow allowed him to shape a bodily form, as he remembered himself, inside Sora’s heart .
While accepting his fate on the surface, his desire to get an own life for himself was still burning deep within his chest.

It’s not that I’m angry with Sora, or anyone else for that matter…heck, I’ve even forgiven that old fool DiZ, or Ansem, or whatever that revenge-blinded jerk was called.
It’s just, why can’t I live alongside them all, have my own heart…my own, independent life?
Just because I was not born naturally I’m denied everything, despite being my own existence?

He shook his head in frustration, it was always the same thing. For a long time he had also pondered if he even had an own existence, yet he came to the conclusion that because he still posessed an own will, mind and thoughts that he was still Roxas, and not only a simple part of Sora.

I’m inside Sora and yet all my attempts to somehow contact him fail…I don’t know how many times I tried to reach out to him…but my voice never got through…am I already that deep in his heart that he has forgotten me? That every try to draw attention towards me is doomed from the start.

Roxas lifted himself up from the sitting position he had been in for some time…sighed and began dragging himself down one of the stained glass walkways leading away from this platform.
While walking, Roxas asked himself what good it would be to have contact with Sora anyways.
Granting him his deepest, and probably only wish was surely not within Sora’s power, so why?

Just to have somebody to talk to, gosh, we’re half of each other and didn’t even got one opportunity to talk properly.
Screw it, I’ve to admit it, it’s utterly boring just to walk inside Sora’s heart…and I’m feeling incredible lonely…just exchanging some words with someone would already a big relief for me…wait…I said feeling lonely, how stupid is this, I still don’t have a heart…I’m just walking inside one…

Shaking his head in disbelief and annoyance over himself always repeating the same thoughts Roxas reached the next stained-glass platform.

Listening to his own steps on the glassed floor Roxas tried to remember, tried to remember as much from his jokingly short life as he could. He wanted to hold on those memories, cherishing them and at least dreaming of seing his friends again, making new ones, possibly connect his circle of friends to Sora’s, just sitting on that clock tower again having ice-cream.

A single tear went down Roxas’s right cheek.

Other memories came into his mind…the memory skycraper at the World That Never Was, the massive army of neoshadow heartless. The mysterious, blindfolded Organization impostor named Riku, who helped him slay the heartless, yet then turned on him.
Now he remembered Twilight Town…the fake Twilight Town with the data incarnations of friends he never had, where that jerk DiZ had imprisoned him, just to use him for his revenge.
Axel, his best friend who he first didn’t even remember thanks to DiZ and in the end he had to defeat in self-defense…
Namine, who finally told him the cruel truth, DiZ again, who fueled his rage with cutting remarks about his existence, Sora in his flower-like sleeping pod…the agonizing end of his summer vacation…which was a lie to begin with.

More tears began to fill his eyes, blurring his vision.
Roxas clenched his fist, bent down and slammed it on the glass floor.

“AAARRGH…This is getting me so pissed. Sora, you goddammed spikyhaired jerk, why won’t you heeeeaaar me????”

His voice was swallowed by the vast realm, no echo at all. However, this scream had helped a bit…as Roxas felt a bit calmer now.

He got up again, heavily panting. Man…I hate this helplessness, if I would only know in which part of Sora’s heart I’m now and in which I need to go to have a chance to make contact with him…

Roxas resumed his walking, letting this glass-pillar behind him getting on the next walkway leading through the abyss of Sora’s heart.

More memories came to him, now of the time after his summer vacation ended…he shedding tears inside Sora when he said good bye to the real Hayner, Pence and Olette, god, how this had hurt at that time, it was so intense one tear even slipped out of Sora’s eye, which his companions noticed with befuzzlement.

Shortly after that he went to sleep and didn’t know anything until he awakened completely just to see Axel fading into darkness, making his last speech of loyalty and affection for him, and Sora couldn’t even understand the true significance, while he himself was so in shock inside Sora that he couldn’t even cry.
Not long after that, there was the only real confrontation he ever had with his other half. Blinded by rage because of Axel, anxious as hell why he was chosen by the keyblade and wanting an own life Roxas remembered himself starting a fight.
At first he dominated the battlefield with his dual keyblades, after understanding why the keyblade choose him he managed even to knock Sora’s Kingdom Key away and have him at bladepoint, but he just reached out with his hand and the keyblade returned to him with a flash.

I was so shocked…I couldn’t even react…and then he struck me down. He surely is the keyblade’s true chosen one…I was just a nobody holding half of his power…

The young blonde gritted his teeth. Now I’m pulling myself down again, stupid me…

Then the final battle against Xemnas, the Superior of Organization XIII, who had only used him from the very day he was born, and like everyone of the Org besides Axel, never truly cared only a bit about him.
He, Roxas, was just a tool to collect hearts for Xemnas’ twisted artificial Kingdom Hearts.

Only a tool, never meant to exist but luckily available, cast aside once not needed anymore or when it became too difficult to control…

Struggling to hold back more tears he remembered how the final battle unfolded.
Watching from the inside of Sora he actually enjoyed how Riku and his other half beated the crap out of Xemnas with his stupid arrogance and egoism.

But for himself, all that was left now is to walk through the depths of Sora’s heart in an always silent, eerie atmosphere, contemplating on what to do in order for not going mad…

Roxas shook his head again…don’t let despair get a hold on you he scolded himself, someday you will reach Sora and then tell him off for ignoring you that long.

As his chain of thoughts ended, so did the walkway. He had reached another stained glass-platform.
It was not all that different from the last…however, a cold, short gust of wind suddenly swept across the platform, slightly puzzling the young blonde.

“What was that…up to now there never was…”

The tone of his own voice came strange to Roxas’s ears, had he really just spoken his thoughts out loud? Or did he just imagined it.

Looking around to check if there was any different thing than usual, Roxas suddenly jumped in surprise…another gust of wind blew, and faintly, very low, he heard a noise.

What the heck? Am I going crazy? What was that?

He summoned all courage he could muster, and warily moved to the center of the platform.
Expecting it, Roxas was not surprised when the third gust came, and he focused intensely to hear if his solitude had played a trick on him.
However a cold feeling ran down his spine and made Roxas shiver as he heard it again…that noise, a shockingly weak, almost shy sob.
He hadn’t imagined it.

Alright, that’s it. Seems I’ve finally lost it…that was a sob for sure…but how is this possible? Is Sora sad? Are those afterimages of his feelings reaching that way down his heart?
No, I can’t decipher it…should I go back the way I came? As I see now, I never went to this part before.

“Damn it Sora, why has your heart to be that big and maze-like.” Roxas growled aloud swirling around checking his surroundings anew.

“Wait…what’s that?” Now he noticed it, there was another walkway leading away from this platform, but strangely, it did not have the same glass-pattern as the others Roxas had walked so far.
Instead, it looked more bright, but also had some cracks in it and just felt somehow creepy as it really differed from the other structures he had seen here so far.

Should I go investigate it? I mean, it is strange, but also intriguing.
Alright then…this is Sora’s heart after all, so there should be nothing really to fear. If I would come close to the dark parts of Sora’s heart I should detect it.
Time to end the boredom…beware my other half, I’m going to explore a bit now…

As he stepped forward however, another gust of wind blew, and this time, directly in his face.
Roxas gasped as the cold air hit him, was he actually feeling the cold sensation?
Again, a faint sob could be heard.

It sounds so very sad…is someone or something suffering over there?
Roxas slapped his left hand against his own forehead.
You dumbass…what are you thinking, there’s no one here beside you…

He had now reached the strange walkway…and another, more powerful gust of wind came along…flowing over Roxas’s entire figure.
The sob sounded almost despaired this time and it was as if invisible hands were weakly trying to push him back.

Now that does it…this was nothing that could be explained otherwise, there has to be something. Maybe this is a section so deep inside Sora’s heart that even he is not aware of it.

Now that he had made up his mind, Roxas stepped forward with determined steps. As he got further, the gusts of wind began to intensify and blew more often, but their power did not increase. Everytime there was also that faint sob noise, and Roxas really began to feel awkward.

My god, what is this? Is this even Sora’s heart anymore? The atmosphere is completely different, and all platforms I’ve seen were broken.
The air is heavy and littered with sadness, pain and fear…all around…I’m beginning to worry a bit…uuuuh? WHAT?

Roxas stiffened in shock, his eyes and mouth wide open.

#####

Last edited by a moderator:

Radar

Bronze Member

Yes this is good, I like it. Please do write more!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Yes please continue this! It's so good! I want to know what Roxas see's!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Thanks for all the comments. :D
They're really appreciated.

Here comes the second chapter:

#####
II. The shocking discovery

His hands began to shake as he gazed to the heavily damaged platform which lay before him.

Shards of glass lay scattered all over the platform, which also had some holes in it.
Unlike the other, dim illuminated broken platforms this one was bathed in a bright light, it was even more intense than in Sora's heart.

Roxas was absolutely sure now, this place had to be another heart.
An other heart inside Sora's? what is going on? Aghh! what's that, this strong feelings of sadness, excruciating pain!???

He felt the overwhelming feelings of this other heart and was barely able to move on, but that what really shocked him lay in the middle of this platform, a frail looking human-like form that was awfully familiar, and he had to examine it no matter what.

Forcing himself to move closer Roxas couldn't believe it, the strong feelings crashed onto him as if the other heart made a last ditch attempt to force him away.
Its struggles were in vain, Roxas shaked, but pushed himself forward, faintly hearing the other heart weakly sobbing and whimpering.
Now it was like the other heart literally begging him to leave, but he flatly ignored it.
As he finally reached the center of the platform, Roxas bent down on one knee.

I just, I just can't believe it.

He shortly closed his eyes an let out a deep breath, silently hoping it might just all be an illusion.
However nothing like this happened, as he opened his eyes again nothing had changed, before Roxas laid the figure of a young boy, breathing heavily and shivering.
Lying on his abdomen, the boy was shirtless and had his head leaned towards Roxas with closed eyes.
His hair and face itself were nearly exactly like Roxas's own, but the boys's features were distorted by pain and very pale, his lips letting out a weak pained sob in different intervals.

So this is the source of those agonized sobs, but that boy looks just like me, like my identical twin. oh no, what do I do, what the hell is going on here???

Frozen in his current position the black coated youth couldn't move his eyes away from the other boy lying in front of him.
The right arm was perpendicular to the boy's body, the forearm resting parallel to his head.
Roxas noticed the right hand clutching a small object he couldn't identify from this angle.
The other arm lay slacky beside the boy's upper body, the left wrist bearing a checker-board patterned wristband.

Also just like mine, only with different edges, those are white.

Checking the bare upper body Roxas couldn't spot any visible wounds or injuries, at least not from his position, yet still, the sobs escaping his lips, the entire facial expression contorted with pain, the trembling of his entire figure indicated that he must be bearing extreme pain.

These feelings of excruciating pain hanging in the air, the panting of him, he must be injured somehow, and not in a trivial way, but I can't behold any visible wound, is he maybe hurt on the front, or, is it internal?
Roxas slowly shook his head.

What's this, I check a guy looking like me for wounds despite I don't even know what's going on here, I hate this confusion.

Gazing further down Roxas noticed nothing unusual on the slightly outward balloning pants colored in black, silver and white his twin wore, yet the shoes were certainly odd.

Or rather, his one shoe, as the left one was missing, as were his upper clothes. The remaining one was shaped like a sneaker, yet the metallic surface suggested rather it being part of an armor.

Now finally the young blonde managed to avert his eyes from the boy on the floor and take a look around on the damaged platform.
It was in a real horrible shape and if it depicted a picture once it wasn't identificable anymore, too many parts were broken off or cracked and the floor being littered with glass shards didn't help the issue either.

Letting out a sigh, Roxas returned his attention to his twin.
Still pondering if all this was even real, he finally decided to extend his right hand, slowly letting it approach the other boy's left shoulder.

I have to check if this really is an illusion or not, and if I can turn him around I may examine him for wounds on the chest or abdomen.

Only centimetres away Roxas suddenly hesitated. Why am I hesitating? I have to check!

His eyes fell on the pain-ridden face again.

"but it's, he looks so very frail and vulnerable. I strangely have the feeling that if I touch him I might hurt him further"

He led his hand lingering over the boy's shoulder, struggling about what to do.

This way I won't get anywhere. I have at least to touch him once, only with the tips of my fingers to see if he's an illusion or not.

The young blonde pulled his hand back a bit, extending now only his index finger.
If I just gently poke his shoulder once it shouldn't do that much harm.

Lowering his hand again, he leaned a bit forward. His twin let out another small sob, but now Roxas had made up his mind.

The black leather of his glove had just barely touched the other boy's skin as another gust of wind blew forward, this time backed by a bunch of tormented feelings.

"Ugh!" Roxas tumbled back a little, surprised by the sudden force behind the blow.

What was that? A form of attack?

Still down on one knee, Roxas leaned a bit forward again, this time anticipating another attack.
Nothing happened.
Slowly he extended his hand again, there it was.
The gust of wind came again, and Roxas stood up blindly fast and jumped back a little.

He is real, at least as real as something inside a heart can be, and those gusts of wind, they seem to be a sort of defense mechanism of this other heart.
Yet still I'm so confused, what is all this doing here? Inside Sora's heart? AND WHY THE HECK IS THAT FELLOW LOOKING LIKE ME???

Probably sensing his growing frustration and his angry outburst of thoughts, the other heart let another attack blewing in his direction.
This time Roxas dodge-rolled aside and ended up right beside the other boy's head.

Hmm, may that be a hint? What's the item he's clutching so tightly?
Now he bent down on both knees, trying to somehow identify the item his twin was holding in his right hand without touching him again.

Damn it! I can't get a clear sight. Lemme see that, mysterious twin!
Preparing for another wind-attack Roxas stood up and got nearer again, he planned to turn the boy's hand around to have a look at the item.

He was so bent on getting answers that he disregarded his former restraint, now not only ignoring the constant faint whimpering pleas of the heart to leave, but also completely forgetting the pitiful state his twin was in.

He stopped and reached down, ready to grab the boy's wrist to turn his hand around.
Suddenly he noticed out of the tail of one's eye a swift movement. A sharp pain shot through Roxas's head.

"Uhhh!"

"Stay away!!!" An loud outcry, sounding like a mix of anger and despair, stunned Roxas even more and he barely could dash backwards to avoid an armored figure jumping forward almost slicing across his chest.

The black coated youth gasped in shock, the armored figure assumed a position between him and the wounded boy lying on the floor, readying a battle stance.

"Stay away! Leave now!" The armored figure demanded, swinging his blade around.

That sword, it looks odd but, yes, it is a keyblade, no doubt.

"No I won't, not before I got some answers." Roxas answered, speaking out loud the first time since he reached this 'other' heart.
The armored figure tilted his head a bit, his free hand clenching to a fist.

"There are no answers, leave now. I need to rest."
"There are no answers? Are you kidding me? Don't you dare to order me around! Why are you even here? What are you doing inside Sora's heart? Who is that boy lying there and who are YOU?"
Roxas glanced angrily at the armored figure, completely oblivious to the fact that, despite his demanding voice, his adversary could barely uphold himself, his battle stance a bit shaky.

Roxas absolutely loathed being left in the dark, he had've had that way too often in the past, but it now drove him to overreact without him even noticing it.

The armored figure stiffened, grabbing his odd keyblade tighter. "Wait, I recognize that thought pattern, the constitution of those memories, no, nooo, why? Not you, haven't you already hurt me enough? Why do you now invade my heart?? Get OUT!!!"

Roxas stood there baffled.. "What on earth are you talking about? I don't even know you!"

The armored figure shook his head repeatedly. "My sight's blurry, but I'll NEVER give in! why can't you just leave me alone, don't maltreat me nnyaaah!"

What? What? What? Now I'm completely lost!

In a sudden the figure sprang forwards in a leaping strike, letting his keyblade coming at Roxas in a wide backhanded slash.

Dammit, what the heck is wrong with that figure? Looks like I've no choice.

Roxas summoned the Oathkeeper and the Oblivion, as he remembered them, and blocked the figure's strike.
As the figure leaped back, Roxas assumed a defensive stance, crossing his keyblades before him.
Adjusting his gaze slightly to face his opponent again, Roxas was surprised to see the armored keyblade wielder shaking.
The armored figure let out a gasp, followed by a fearful small shriek.

"This, oh no, not this again, this letter, scaring me to no end! uuhhh. So you're really with him??? Wanting to use me again for this? NO, I won't allow it, not a second time!"

"What letter? Really with who? What again? Nothing you say makes any sense to me, wait!!" Roxas shouted in confusion.

The armored warrior leaped into the air, extended his keyblade before him and unleashed a flurry of light projectiles in a vertical circle.

Ragnarok???How can he!?

Roxas dodged the blasts with a well timed forward dodge roll, landing right before the warrior who started an overhead strike with his keyblade.
Bringing Oathkeeper up to block, Roxas reflexively raised Oblivion in his right hand too, and the tip of the blade sunk into the warriors left shoulder between the armor plates.

A heartshattering agonized cry of pain nearly ruptured Roxas's ears, the entire platform vibrating.

#####

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Okay now I'm dying to know who the armor guy is!! XD and what's going to happen with Ven? If that is Ven who is sitting on the floor on the platform.

Youniquee

Awards

I have a feeling that armor is the lingering sentiment of Terra...Hm. ;o
You were right, you do end on harsh chapter break D: I'm interested to see what happens next.
Feedback~
Try not to use !!! or ??? as one is enough to convey someone shouting or questioning :D
That's all I've really got to say for this one.
This fanfic should so be Fanfiction.net-ed n_n

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Okay now I'm dying to know who the armor guy is!! XD and what's going to happen with Ven? If that is Ven who is sitting on the floor on the platform.

There are already thrown some hints on "who" that armored guy is...especially in the way how and about what he talks! ;)
But I think it will become obvious in chapter III.

Yep, the shivering boy lying on the floor is indeed Ven.

Whoa Roxas vs. Ven. Keep at this.

Lol, you've already noticed it. *ggg*.
Thanks, surely will do. ^__^

I have a feeling that armor is the lingering sentiment of Terra...Hm. ;o
You were right, you do end on harsh chapter break D: I'm interested to see what happens next.
Feedback~
Try not to use !!! or ??? as one is enough to convey someone shouting or questioning :D
That's all I've really got to say for this one.
This fanfic should so be Fanfiction.net-ed n_n

The LS? Hmm...good guess. However, think about where we are and then think again if the Lingering Sentiment could really be there...;)

Heh, better become used to it as I do that more than once, *ggg*.

Ok, I'll try to keep that in mind.

O Rly?

The fanfic writers there are care about is gay porn.
Huh? Would be new for me that FF.net is primarily about porn stories. Not that I have anything against yaoi stories and there are quite a few out there...but I did find quite some stories to read there which didn't even had a real pairing, regardless which gender-combination...like this one as well. ;)

I will try to put up chapter III later in an extra post as to avoid overloading a post with answers to comments and the chapter.

Stars

リク

Great fanfic with meaningful title :)
I love the part especially with Roxas and Ven.

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards

Alright, I read through you're story, and I gotta say, I'm really liking the concept! Especially now rereading it. Keep it up, I'm really looking forward for more. :)

Sorry it took me so long to comment on it though. ^^;

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Great fanfic with meaningful title :)
I love the part especially with Roxas and Ven.

Thanks Stars, I know you as my "beta"-reader already have a deeper insight, but I think nonetheless reading it like this is more comfortable than through a crowded PM. ;)

Alright, I read through you're story, and I gotta say, I'm really liking the concept! Especially now rereading it. Keep it up, I'm really looking forward for more. :)

Sorry it took me so long to comment on it though. ^^;

Hey Kiwi, glad you like it. ^___^
More is on the way right now.

Ahh, it's ok. At least you thought about commenting at all. ;)

Now, on to chapter 3:

#####
III. What to do with a grave mistake

The armored warrior tumbled back, pressing his right hand with the keyblade still in it on the front of the left shoulder.

He trembled heavily, quietly moaning in pain and yet still frantically struggling to remain upright, as well as keeping himself between Roxas and the boy lying on the floor.

What by all worlds is wrong with this guy? I only touched the shoulder of my mysterious twin once with one finger and tried to see what item he holds! I do not intend to harm him, and what did that armored guy mean with 'Haven't you hurt me enough? or don't invade my heart'?
I thought the boy lying there is the manifestation of this other heart, or is there a third?

He was so confused that his thoughts swirled around and his head hurt. The armored keyblade wielder now stiffened again, and a moment later, hurled his keyblade at Roxas.

Now he could see why the blade seemed 'odd' to him before. Not only was this model a tad shorter than any keyblade the young blonde knew so far, its form also suggested that it was designed specially to be wielded in a reverse grip, like the armored warrior did.

Now it's the chance to end this unnecessary fight! I have to pay attention not to deflect his blade, the short stab in the shoulder seemed already bad enough. I need to guide the other blade so it gets stuck into the floor of the platform, then I'll rush up and slam the handle of one blade in his stomach to incapacitate him.

With this strategy in mind, Roxas readied Oblivion to block the incoming other blade and switched Oathkeeper to a backhanded grip himself, intending to use the blunt end to knock down his adversary and hopefully get a chance to end the fight.

The other blade reached now the Oblivion and Roxas was just about to slam it down into the platform as his eyes widened in surprise.
The other keyblade split just as it touched the Oblivion's blade, transforming into several light beams.

What's this? It transformed?! Aaargh!! The light beams flew away in all directions, two slamming directly into Roxas's chest, one scratching his left arm, ripping the black coat and another one bouncing off the guard of the Oblivion, striking directly his upper right thigh and burning a hole through the coat there.

Sent flying backwards, Roxas slammed hard on his back, seeing stars for a moment and losing grip of Oathkeeper.
Uuuh, why do I actually feel that pain? Is it the memory of pain that I remember? What was that for an attack?

Clenching his teeth and using the Oblivion as a support Roxas got up again, ignoring the painful bruises the light beams had caused on his skin.

It hurts, but still, the force behind that attack was overall weak, laughable weak!

Summoning Oathkeeper back to his other hand, Roxas shook his head rapidly to get rid of the dizzyness.

The armored warrior had used the time Roxas needed to recover to close the distance between them, having his keyblade already back in his right hand.

Damn, going into close range battle again!? You moron! I don't want to hurt you!

but wait, I never made that clear yet.

"Back off man, I do not intend to harm you!" Roxas finally shouted out loud.

"Why would I believe someone who has done nothing but hurt me?" The wielder started a wide horizontal slash.

"What? Are you crazy??? You must mistake me for someone-" Roxas jumped back, dodging the keyblade slash.

"Please stop it, that stab in your shoulder was an accident!! Blocking another strike, Roxas tried to hook his other keyblade with the warrior's one, hoping to trap it between his two blades.
Somehow anticipating it, his opponent pulled back, raised his free hand and fired a Blizzard spell.

"Now also Magic? Ghh!! Roxas dodged aside. The warrior fired another chunk of ice and then closed in again, swinging his blade at the black coated youth another time.

Roxas swatted the ice away with Oathkeeper, then took another step back to avoid the next keyblade strike.

It's getting problematic, for whatever reason that guy won't listen and instead gets even more frantic in attacking me!
I've no other choice, I must disarm him and then knock him down, he seems also as injured as the boy on the floor, so by continuing the battle the risk of me landing a unfortunate hit despite holding back is steadily increasing.

Swinging his keyblade from the right again, the trembling warrior tried to force Roxas to the edge of the platform, but this time Roxas acted.
He smashed Oathkeeper up, meeting the other blade full force, throwing his opponent off balance.
Using the advantage, he pushed Oblivion forward, intending to smack the forward part of the guard just below his opponent's ribcage on the left side.
Frantically trying to regain balance the warrior shifted his body a bit, and Roxas lost his aim.
The guard missed it's intended target, instead, the blade slitted across the other wielders left hip.

Oh no!

Another heartwrenching scream of agony pierced Roxas's ears, the armored wielder tumbling back, shaking wildly.

Uaah, nnngh, no, I-I lose concentration, my energy!! Dropping his keyblade, the armored figure clutched his injured shoulder with one and the cut on his hip with the other hand, collapsing with a low stifling cry.
Alarmed, Roxas pondered rushing up to him, but seemingly too late.

What? He's disintegrating? It can't be!

The armored wielder started to disappear in a golden-white light. Now finally Roxas noticed it.

That armored guy's shoes...!? Wh...armored sneakers? Just like the one...agh...no. What have I done? It can't be...oh holy crap no...why didn't I notice earlier? Why didn't I understand earlier what happened? I remember only now...

[Flashback]
Twilight Town, Day 17.

"Now, Number XIII, Roxas, the key of destiny, show me your progress with the keyblade, as it is of crucial importance for us that you know to handle it well."

"As you wish, Lord Xemnas." The young blonde charged in, slaying heartless after heartless, concentrating on emblems and mostly ignoring purebloods.
Starting from the Station Plaza, Roxas fought all the way down to the Tram Common, with Xemnas, the Superior of the Organzation walking shortly behind, monitoring his performance.
After reaching the break in the city wall, Roxas took the opportunity to quaff a potion.

"An adequate performance so far, Number XIII. Or rather, for someone only 17 days old I should say it's remarkable. You're a worthy asset to our cause." Xemnas seemed satisfied to a degree.
"Thank you, Lord Xemnas." Roxas bowed his head a little, as Axel had instructed him to do when speaking directly to the Superior.

"Very well, there's one task left for you to complete, on the other side of the wall, in the forest." Xemnas pointed with his right hand through the break.

The young blonde nodded, and turned to cross through the breach.
On the other side an even greater batch of heartless awaited, shadows, neo shadows, darkballs, Soldiers, Surveillance Robots, Minute Bombs and an oddly colored Large Body.
Roxas's eyes widened. "There are so many!" Xemnas stepped forward two steps, now standing by Roxas's side. "Indeed, seems a tad strenuous for you, Number XIII.. You see that big red colored Large Body? That's actually a Mega Body, a very rare kind of heartless. Only very strong hearts become such a beast. This one is the main goal. To get rid of the others, this time we'll go in together, you take the emblems while I annihilate the useless purebloods."

With these
words Xemnas spread his arms out, red energy blades flashing from his palms. Roxas readied his keyblade, storming off slicing three Soldiers in half with one stroke. Xemnas did not run, he floated, and seemingly effortless eliminated the purebloods regardless of type each with one stroke of his blades.A Soldier approaching him was round-house kicked in Roxas's direction, who impaled the flying heartless on his blade, releasing the captive heart inside.

Now Xemnas had reached the Mega Body and began to batter it with his weapons, driving it back to the trees, then out to the clearing before the old mansion.
Several minutes later the heartless were history.
Roxas finished the last emblem heartless, a minute bomb, with a fire spell before turning his attention to the main goal as well.
The Superior seemed to have already wounded the big heartless severely, it backing off against the wall of the old mansion.

Instead of killing it, Xemnas suddenly pulled back and turned to his youngest member.
"Ok Number XIII, Roxas, finish it off and release its heart for us." "Yes, Superior." Roxas raised his keyblade, aiming for the death blow.
Yet a mere second later he found himself under a barrage of attacks, the heartless lashing out wildly at him, driving him back.
"Uuuh!" Roxas was driven to one knee, the Mega Body shaked and yet wildly attacked again.
Xemnas showed no sign that he would assist. "Number XIII, did you misheard my order? Finish off that heartless, just one hit should be enough."
Recovering from the surprise, the key of destiny started to endure the attacks, jumped over the heartless and slammed his keyblade in its back, eliminating it.

"Here we go, the mission is a success Number XIII. Now I can be sure you'll be of use for us."
"Uh, Lord Xemnas? I don't quite understand, why did that heartless suddenly become stronger?" The young nobody had a expression of real puzzlement on his face.

"I'm relieved you ask, unillumined little newborn. It's actually a quite trivial, but important lesson. That heartless didn't become stronger, it's a psychological phenomenon shared by all lifeforms, may they be humans, heartless, nobodies or animals. It's called desperation and the unending will to continue to exist.
If a lifeform is already wounded and then cornered with no way to escape, it will start to frantically defend its life with a ferocious determination. Of course this is futile in most cases, as no real power boost is obtained and once the opponent recovers from its shock, like you did a few moments ago, the doomed and cornered existence is destined to fall.
Remember this when you fight already injured opponents, to prevent surprise attacks."

Roxas's facial expression showed thoughtfulness in a big effort to comprehend what Xemnas had just explained.

Xemnas however turned around and opened a Corridor of darkness. "Think carefully about it, Roxas, it can come in handy later when you understand the concept."
With this the Superior walked into the Corridor, leaving a brooding young blonde behind.

[Flashback End]

"it was the one and only mission I ever did with Xemnas, so I should have remembered this occurrence.
What a grave mistake I made, oh crap! I acted as such an insensitive idiot, letting my frustration at being confused and not getting any answers getting the best of me.
The one who paid for it, was this poor wounded heart I literally trampled over!

#####

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

The flashback is one of my favorite things about the fanfic. I love seeing some insight into Xemnas and his interaction with Roxas is really emotional to read.

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards

^Ah you hit the nail right on the head. :D

I also liked how you incorporated that flashback into the chapter. Made me look into prospective how Roxas might have found out what his job was and how things would be like, a little taste of how it was gonna be. I would like to maybe see more flashbacks? ^^ Nice chapter overall.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 3 posted)

It's nice, having some insight like that. It gives Roxas a bit more depth than he was given in the games. <3

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;

It is still cool to re-read the fanfiction <3
And I really love how you write about the flashback between Xemnas and Roxas <3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The flashback is one of my favorite things about the fanfic. I love seeing some insight into Xemnas and his interaction with Roxas is really emotional to read.

Oh really? Didn't know that.
It's funny since the flashback is only supposed to underline and spread out how Roxas comes to realize the errors he made and why the armored warrior was so frantically fighting.

Really emotional, lol, the word emotional and Xemnas normally don't go well together, but I know what you mean.

^Ah you hit the nail right on the head. :D

I also liked how you incorporated that flashback into the chapter. Made me look into prospective how Roxas might have found out what his job was and how things would be like, a little taste of how it was gonna be. I would like to maybe see more flashbacks? ^^ Nice chapter overall.

Glad you like how I put it together. I felt it was a good opportunity for make Roxas realizing something by throwing in a short episode from the past. As in Days he didn't have one mission with Xemnas and there were several days jumped over it was easy to fill in. ;)

That he might have found out was his job was and stuff like you say is however more like some little side information given as a treat, as the main purpose of the flashback is to draw parallels to the current situation in Sora's heart and Roxas's "battle" with the armored warrior.

It's nice, having some insight like that. It gives Roxas a bit more depth than he was given in the games. <3

I try my very best. ;)
With stories in text form it is most times easier to give more insight than with a game though.

It is still cool to re-read the fanfiction <3
And I really love how you write about the flashback between Xemnas and Roxas <3

It's also in a much better format than cramped into a PM, right?
That's the only disadvantage since you read already so far in beta, lol.

Oh my, despite only being a small narrative device to get a point across that flashback surely got more love than I anticipated, *ggg*.

So, after a really busy week I finally find time to put up chapter IV. ^___^

#####
IV. Calming a frightened heart

The armored wielder had by now fully vanished, his keyblade remaining there on the platform.
Roxas stood there at the same spot, gripping the handles of his keyblades so tightly his palms started to ache.
He felt a sharp pain in his chest, guilt.

Why? O why was I so blind? In my confusion and resolve to get answers I completely ignored the voice of this other heart.
Now I understand clearly what Xemnas meant that time, he didn't attack me because he is crazy or mad, he did it because he's cornered, wounded and utterly frightened.
I came barging into his heart, not even saying a word and ignoring any pleas to leave, then I tried to touch him, and he panicked!

To make things worse, now I unintentionally hurt him two times, huh?

Roxas's entire body now felt cold and numb, there were no more agonized small sobs, but constant, pain-stricken weeping which made him cringe inside.

His glance wandering back to the shirtless boy on the floor, he gasped horrified as his hands shot before his mouth, Oathkeeper and Oblivion clattering on the platform.

No...is it that bad? My mistake...

He could clearly see it on the boy's bare upper body, a long bleeding cut crossing the left hip and below the left shoulder a stain of blood was also clearly visible on the platform.

That's horrible, simply horrible! I have to help him!

Roxas took a warily step forward, his gaze now fixated on the other boy's distorted face.
Tears where pouring down from below the closed eyelids, causing the pain of guilt inside Roxas to multiply, just how much must he have hurt and frightened the poor heart by not paying attention to the situation.

After taking another step he noticed the other boy now more intensely shaking in fear, his left hand twitching uncontrolled while his breath came short and choppy between his constant crying.

Agh! I still make the mistake to not say a thing, he must think I'm gloating over my victory and that I'm going to do further horrible things to him.

Before he could think any further Roxas heard a pain-ridden voice, sobbing but also still somewhat defiant.
"Was this also an accident? You liar, does it satisfy you to step on someone who's already broken?" "You will never succeed, you can't succeed because using me is useless now, even if you revel in torturing me it'll not change a thing..."

It's really the same voice than the armored guy had, so it was the heart using some gathered energy to create an apparition to protect itself.
But now I have to convince this poor boy that I don't bear any ill will.

Roxas tried to sound as gentle as he could manage.
"You don't need to be afraid, I'm not going to torture you or to use you for anything. It's a big misunderstanding."

The boy on the floor stiffened, his sobbing voice now confused and really fearful.
"Misunderstanding? B-But what makes you say that??? You say something, and the next minute you inflict another cut or stab on me? Why are you playing such games with me? Do you get some sick pleasure from hearing me scream in agony again and again? M-My heart is so heavily injured it isn't good for anything, so please, I beg you, don't play any games or hurt me again, just leave me alone!"

Roxas slowly shook his head, taking another step and tried to sound even softer than before.
"I don't play any sick games with you, I promise. Also be ensured I would never enjoy seing others suffer."

Having now reached the wounded boy, he crouched down very carefully beside him.
Now being that near he could also see the cold sweat on the pale face, wetting the golden blonde hair and mixing partly with the flowing tears.

Sensing him this near, his twin struggled to raise his trembling left hand from the side of his body, slowly shifting the arm, ignoring the shoulder wound.
It was a weakly gesture of desperate defense.
"No, please don't, please don't, stay away!!

Intent to comfort and calm him, Roxas took the trembling hand carefully between both his own, gently stroking the back a little.

"Shhshh, don't be so frightened anymore. Please listen, I am really incredibly sorry that I hurt you further. I never intended to harm you in any way, I made a horrible mistake by misinterpreting the situation and being so insensitive."

"You say you're sorry, you say that you never intended to harm me?" the boy's teary voice went shaky.
"but, but how do you expect me to believe this if you tortured me for a long period beforehand, then went away for a short time before bursting directly into my heart, stomping on its already injured state, trying to touch me for whatever reason, demanding answers despite I'm not even knowing the questions and then confronting me with that letter which scares me to death???"

More tears fell down the pale cheeks, the boy's right hand clutching the item even tighter while he seemed indecisive if to pull back his left from between Roxas's hands.

The gut-wrenching scenery of his crying mysterious twin shook Roxas nearly to the core.
Oh my goodness, this poor kid is so incredible scared, now my own confusion has to wait. I need to calm him down. I need to prove him that he can believe me.
He's really a cornered injured existence, one of those Xemnas was referring to in his lesson, now I finally understand it fully.

The young blonde now removed the black glove from his right hand using his teeth, letting the left still hold the other boy's left one. Casting the glove aside he softly spoke to the boy again.
"You're right. Why should you believe me? After all, I hurt you two times already despite my claims not wanting to do it. Unintentionally or not, fact is I hurt you, and I'm going to make amends for it.
I honestly can't say anything for that 'long period' before as I don't know what you're talking about, but still I'm going to show you that I don't mean any ill will to you and make up for my stupid handling of the situation before."

"M-Making amends?" The boy's shaky voice now sounded baffled, slightly unsure.

Roxas bent forward very carefully, slowly extending his bare hand to the bleeding cut on the boy's left hip.
"Yes, now please don't get frantic, I'm going to treat that wound, not to hurt you again." He assured his twin with gently spoken words.
"Cura!" The black coated youth whispered the word loud enough that his twin must have heard it.
The spell, while not removing the cut completely, at least stopped the bleeding.
Roxas hissed through his teeth, but this time remembered to speak out loud, so as not to scare the injured boy anew.
"Damn it, since I'm now mostly made up of memories it seems my spells lost effectiveness."

The boy's left hand with the wristband stopped twitching in Roxas's left one and he ceased to cry for a moment, obviously surprised.

"uh? You, you really casted a healing spell on me? What are your real intentions then?" He asked hesitantly, still highly wary and unsure.

The other blonde sighed with relief. "Well, they're certainly not torturing or using you. I hope that you now believe me in that regard. To be honest I feel very guilty because of what I did to you.
I maybe shall really explain my intentions out in detail, so you'll understand."

"You feel guilty!? So you really harbor no ill will!? but then why, uuugh."
Suddenly coughing, letting out a pained moan, the boy had Roxas alarmed. "What happened?"
"Just another thrust of pain," the boy whispered weakly. "but if you're really willing to make it up and want to explain your mistake, please do so! I'll try to listen for a while then."
Roxas allowed himself a small smile. Finally, finally I got through to him. Now I have to be careful not to scare or hurt him again.
Maybe if he learns to at least not to fear me I can get some answers too, later on.

"Ok then, I assume you know that you're situated in another heart here?"

His twin gave away a slow, small nod. Roxas continued, now with a steady calm voice.

"So, as a matter of fact, I am an existence which was born from that heart, practically the other half of the heart your heart has taken residence in. Coexisting with my other self actually allowed me to develop an own existence, but eventually I had no choice as to rejoin with him despite me considering myself independent.
I'm now actually living inside his heart and by exploring it a bit I stumbled upon your heart sitting in here.
Being equally surprised and confused I decided to investigate, thoughts running wild in my head the entire time. I was so focused on investigating your heart that I completely disregarded your faint pleas to leave. I desperately wanted to know why this heart is here, what it actually means to do inside my other self's heart and how it got here."

Now slowly calming down, the wounded boy let his left hand linger in Roxas's left one, the frightened shaking of his figure ceasing somewhat, leaving only the shivering from the enormous pain he obviously still had to endure. While still a bit crying, he nonetheless paid close attention to Roxas's words.

"When I finally got to this platform it got worse when I found you lying here. I was genuinely shocked and my confusion increased even more at seeing your looks.
At first I noticed you're really in pain and even checked your body for wounds, but then I feared it might be all an illusion and decided to touch you shortly for confirmation.
Not being able to make any sense out of all this I got really frustrated and even angry. I suppose you sensed that somewhat and therefore got afraid of me.
My first error consists of solely paying attention to my own thoughts and my frustration. I never even tried to establish contact with you or speak so that you could understand my reasons.
I feared this all to be one weird scheme, and as I've experienced it often in the past I hate it if someone tries to delude me or if I'm left confused at a matter.
When you created that armored warrior and demanded me to leave. I totally overreacted and got pissed, and this is were I made the second, worse error not to realize that you weren't trying to just throw me out or order me around, you were just frightened and because of your wounded state and no way to escape saw no other choice than to try to fight."

"So, you really didn't intent to hurt me this time? These two new injuries were really accidents then?" Came the low, almost shy question.

Roxas sighed, nodding in apology.

"Yes, I never should have summoned my keyblades in the first place. I should have just tried to calm you down and to disperse your worries! I'm the one who's fully to blame for this, you just tried to protect yourself, it was me who failed to see that and who was too stupid to open my mouth earlier."

His twin's left hand shortly squeezed Roxas's hand a little and he was flabbergasted to see the boy's lips forming a small, barely noticeable smile on the tear-stained face.
"Hah, I once learned that people who are able to admit an own error are mostly good people." The still tearful voice sounded now relieved.

Roxas chuckled a bit. "I'm glad we came finally to an understanding, so no need to fear me anymore, okay?"

"Okay. Uhhm, hey you, you said actually my looks shocked you more, not only my state. What's this all about?" The other boy's voice, while still ridden with pain and somewhat shaky, now sounded outright curious.

#####

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back