• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Headcanons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This feels like a more general topic, but I felt that it would get more traction here. Also with KH3 coming soon, we can add KH3 headcanons here as well.

For those of you who have never heard of a headcanon before, it is just a fan interpretation of characters or events that have not been shown or supported in canon but you feel would make sense given what canon has presented.

One of my more random headcanons is that Sora is good at math--if not a borderline prodigy--but is bad at pretty much everything else school-wise. I started thinking that since CoM way back in 2003 just to make myself feel less mad about playing a numbers game, but KH3D kind of reinforced it with Flick Rush. In Flick Rush one of the "competitors" is Sho Minamimoto, TWEWY's resident math nut, and I couldn't help but be mildly humored by the idea of Sora defeating Minamimoto in a game of math.

Another headcanon which is a pretty popular one among fans is that Ven cannot read in UX. Obviously in BBS he has a room full of books and charts and notes, so he clearly knows how to read but in UX he just seems so baffled by books.

So, go ahead and share your headcanons! You might find you share some with other users or find new ones that you never thought of.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
My personal headcanon is that Vanitas was abused by Xehanort and wanted nothing more but to be brothers with Ventus and love him. Eventually, he realized that that wasn't an option with Xehanort around, and the old man bent him into any shape he could and got him to do anything for some vague hope of one day ending his suffering. I think the first part was done in the manga somewhat, but I haven't read it myself and don't want to say that's what happened in them.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
One I my favorite headcannons is that Luxord's somebody hails from the Caribbean as a former pirate. Which would explain his knowledge of the Aztec gold and parley.

Though that would probably be contradicted once it's confirmed he comes from the Chi era, lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My personal headcanon is that Vanitas was abused by Xehanort and wanted nothing more but to be brothers with Ventus and love him. Eventually, he realized that that wasn't an option with Xehanort around, and the old man bent him into any shape he could and got him to do anything for some vague hope of one day ending his suffering. I think the first part was done in the manga somewhat, but I haven't read it myself and don't want to say that's what happened in them.

From the scarce summaries of the novel (they never made a manga for BBS) out there, Vanitas kind of personifies Ven's insecurities and self-hate. His fear of the Darkness, his desire to become stronger but feeling too weak to do so...Vanitas takes that and uses that to be stronger. He hates Ven at first because he's a shell of their former self, which triggers him and he almost kills Ven in his rage and desire to destroy that which is weak. It's why Xehanort takes Ven to Eraqus--to keep Vanitas from murdering Ven.

Vanitas starts missing Ven once he leaves, though. He knew he couldn't control his desire to kill Ven and told MX as much, but he also misses the other half of him. When Ven begins to come out of his vegetative state, Vanitas begins to feel the positive emotions coming from Ven. What hurts Vanitas is that Ven can't feel the negativity coming from Vanitas, so it makes Vanitas envious and spiteful toward Ven. It was unfair that Ven could experience joy without suffering, but Vanitas had nothing but negativity and the joy he felt would never be his. He wanted their bond to be equal but instead he is left alone and in pain.

Master Xehanort convinces Vanitas that the only way to be whole is by forging the X-Blade. Vanitas is then, of course, trained and abused mentally and physically by Xehanort so it continues to twist him until any semblance of care toward Ven is gone and he has a singled-minded focus to reclaim that which he sees as his (Ventus' half of their heart) and forge the X-Blade.

We'll have to wait for the BBS novel to come out in English to get the full story.

As it stands, I like your headcanon. It's essentially the closest breakdown of Vanitas' mindset, albeit more soft in its approach.

One I my favorite headcannons is that Luxord's somebody hails from the Caribbean as a former pirate. Which would explain his knowledge of the Aztec gold and parley.

Though that would probably be contradicted once it's confirmed he comes from the Chi era, lol

I always liked that headcanon of yours. It makes sense.

LORD I HOPE HE ISN'T. I'd be so mad if every other original character came from the Chi era. It's fine with Ven, Lauriam, and Elrena, but anymore and it'll be overkill. Like how many more UX children have found their way into the present of KH xD

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Okay, I really need to get into the novels. They should REALLY release that into English.

I was always intrigued by what Xaldin's character actually is. In my head, Xaldin sees beast as an extension of himself. Dilan must have been a lonely individual always sidelined by his King, so he manifests his hate for that caged nature by being unleashed in his attack style, excessive in his choice of weapons, and cold to any healthy options to solve problems. When he meets Beast in my head, he's not aiming to make him some crazy heartless, but instead encouraging him to follow in his footsteps, to unleash that inner darkness and put an end to his imprisonment.

It also explains why Xaldin, unlike someone such as Ienzo or even Aeleus, didn't get sent to Castle Oblivion. Unlike Ienzo, whose adopted father was literally King Ansem, and Aeleus, who in my head was the more loyal of the two guards, Xaldin never had any sympathy for Ansem as Dilan, and took Ansem's experiments as reason to rebel and cast him off. This made him completely loyal to Xemnas, and a valuable member of Organization XIII up to his untimely death at Beast's Castle.

Perhaps this is why Xehanort didn't consider him as a Seeker of Darkness; if he could spend all of his time too caught up on this one obsession with a minor Disney character, then how could he consider him as worthy of another position in the next organization? Say what you want about Demyx, but he never betrayed the organization. He was also surprisingly strong, stealthy, and loyal. Everything about Demyx on a first impression basis would make you think that he would turn coat as soon as Sora came along the horizon at Radiant Garden, but he stood his ground and put up one hell of a fight. That's valuable to someone like Xehanort, who sees potential like that.

U.N. Owen

Awards
Even if Lea couldn't save Sora, Xehanort's plan wouldn't work. The three people in his heart all have a reason to hate him and resist his heart.

The Shadow Sora and its derivatives are not a manifestation of Sora's darkness, but they're actually a manifestation of Vanitas who wants to take advantage of the darkness and imbalance to free himself.

The worlds lack a language barrier because Donald has translation spells on hand.

Last edited:

Nyte_Legion

One of my headcanons is that Sora became far more "stupid" especially so in DDD is due to the process of his memory restoration being stopped so suddenly because Xion had taken on some of his memories during her existence and then restarted once the memories she had returned to Sora almost like how you can corrupt your computer or console data by recklessly turning it off during an update or if the power were to go out. Since we know very little about the true extent of Naminé's powers maybe the sudden reset after Xion's death short circuited something in Sora's brain.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
That Naminé never cared about Roxas in the KH2 prologue, and was just purposefully manipulating him so that he would rejoin with Sora and she could fulfill her promise to him (the one thing she cared about more than anything).

SoulXaldin

Awards
That there will be some explanation as to how Ventus somehow hasn’t aged in the 10 years he’s been gone.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
That Roxas' Oathkeeper and Oblivion represent his promise(free KH) to Xion and her demise. Blah blah I know they represent Riku and Kairi but it flows better with Xion's end.

I like to think that Roxas became an urban myth in Halloween Town. The Infernal Engine was an amalgamation Heartless born from the townsfolk that loathed the Beasts. Zero waited everyday for Roxas due to positive reinforcement(treats).

I borrowed this one from Tumblr: That the CoM meteor/falling star memory was between Riku and Sora. Namine manipulated the memory and inserted herself into it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
-Demyx's original name was Demy. Yep, his name wasn't scrabbled, they stuck the x on the end of it & called it a day.

-There's been way more than 13 human-looking nobodies. Xenmas weeded out the ones useful for the organization & turned the rest into dusks. Afterall, it was said he had the ability to turn org members to dusks but we've never actually seen this power demonstrated on screen. It had to have happened at some point.

-Roxas had nicknames for some of his Samurai including Degewx & Xiggbs.

-While still on the topic of nobodies, the Scar bossfight was really his nobody & Groundshaker was the actual heartless. Otherwise Scar would the only other heartless aside from Ansem to keep his original appearance which you would think is a major feat but KH2 just kinda brushes it off.

-Sora's eagerness to leave the island was partly fueled by troubles at home. It's probably not even anything more than typical teen angst but he wasn't all that happy dealing with school & his parents & was jumping at the chance to run away at the time.

-Mickey & Terra met off-screen in Atlantica during BBS's events. Terra was wearing his armor at the time in order to walk along the ocean's floor without drowning so Mickey never saw his face. Terra's actions while being manipulated by Ursula are why Triton's so untrusting of keyblade wielders.

-The animal forms of other characters in the pridelands:
Kairi=pink lion cub
Riku=wolf
Terra=rhino
Ventus=Falcon
Aqua=Ostrich
Axel=Hyena

-It was Riku who bribed the merchant to free Jafar, not any of the org. & it was Riku who killed Jafar by destroying the lamp. Sora's fight was just a diversion.

-The events of Final Fantasy VII in the KH universe occurred in between BBS & KH1. Midgar exists as a separate world that Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie, & Aerith fled to after Radiant Garden's fall. A big difference however is that Tifa was the one that died in this continuity instead of Aerith. The Tifa & Sephiroth that appear in the KH games are darkness manifested from Cloud's guilt & regret.

-Quistis is the kids' teacher on Destiny Islands.

-The whole series was just a weird ass dream Sora had after a long night of binging Disney films & playing FF. KH3 ends with him waking up in a pile of VHS tapes & PS1 discs.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
the body doesn't age without a heart

Ienzo.png

Yes it freaking does.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
We know from the Secret Ansem Reports that Ienzo pushed Ansem the Wise to conduct the experiments on the heart. Considering he was only a young child at the time that would have happened, I believe either Xehanort or Even manipulated Ienzo since they knew Ansem the Wise loved him like a son. They likely told Ienzo that these experiments could help him understand the loss of his parents or possibly even bring them back by accessing Kingdom Hearts.

Awards
I had a headcanon that both of Sora's out of character moments in KH2["Anyone from the Organization who's like to be next?!" "We can take him on our own"]were because of Roxas influencing his behavior.

Another one I had was from the end of 358 onward Riku's wrist was actually broken thanks to Roxas, which is why he wore a cast on that arm and only ever moved it after turning back to normal when in battle shooting Dark Firagas, or to get up.

Sora, Riku, and Kairi have to deal with keeping everything a secret from their parents post KH2 because you know how parents are with stuff like this sometimes.

KH Cloud and KH Auron are the actual canon versions from their respective FF games. Pretty sure there's evidence for that being the case in KH2 in regards to Auron.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ienzo.png

Yes it freaking does.

KH3D already explained that the Organization members had budding hearts because the body will always seek to fill the void left when the original heart leaves the body, so of course they all aged. Ven may not have a heart in his body since it is sleeping in Sora’s body, but no budding heart could form because—again—he was sleeping. A budding heart only forms when there is contact between beings—human interaction and connection are vital for this process. Xemnas talks at lengths about this.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Ooooohhhhh, that makes much more sense now. Would've been funny to see a 26-year-old Ventus with stretched out clothes hehe.

On another note, I was thinking that there was possibility for Zack to show up at some point whenever the other Final Fantasy characters get introduced (if any). I know that you'd think that couldn't be possible since he's dead but Aerith is also there and's she like super dead in FF7, so there's maybe a possibility that KH's timeline is independent from any of the FF games.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Ienzo.png

Yes it freaking does.
Nobodies are capable of possessing and forming hearts. Ven's comatose body is not. DiZ outlines clearly the things that cause a heart to form and to grow in DDD, being: exposure to light, the natural world and other people. (Similarly, Joshua also explains that having other people interact with you is a big part of having your existence formed and realized) These are all things Ven's body has no access to, and as a result, his sleeping body didn't form a replacement heart, and didn't age.

Back