• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Comes to Gamescom in Square Enix's Biggest Line-Up Yet

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After it's first public demo at E3 2016, Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue has begun the rounds of various game conventions world wide. Having finished up at San Diego Comic Con this week, Gamescom 2016 will be the next stop for the demo which gives those in attendence their first hands-on experience with the upcoming Playstation 4 exclusive, which will arrive in December later this year.

Square Enix's main booth in hall 9, B31/B41 boasts their biggest ever Gamescom line-up with more than 220 hands-on stations for gamers to try out their upcoming releases. Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue will be accomanpied by a variety of Square Enix games including a new demo for Final Fantasy XV which will debue on the show floor, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Deus Ex Go, and both Hitman and Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration.

Fans of the MMO giant Final Fantasy XIV will be excited to learn that daily Battle Challenges against Sephirot and Thordan, gigantic primals featured in the game, will be available at hall 9, C51. Square Enix promises that fans who face-off against the primals will win prizes and there will also be a signing session and cosplay competition. Dragon Quest Builders and World of Final Fantasy, two games lauching in October this year, will be located in the main booth as well.

Square Enix Products will also have a booth at the convention over in hall 5.2, booth E12, and boasts upcoming products and special items available for purchase. Those who get a chance to try out the upcoming Final Fantasy TCG game will secure an exclusive Final Fantasy VII Remake Cloud Promo Card! While Final Fantasy XV's Ignis Play Arts KAI and Silver Pendant Ring of Lucii are confirmed to be at the show and for sale, it is yet unknown if the Chirithy plush or the recently revealed Kingdom Hearts 3 Sora Play Arts Kai will be available to be seen at the show.

The full press release concerning Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue is detailed as:

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Platform: PlayStation® 4

Developer: Square Enix and Disney

Available: December 2016

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is a compilation that brings the popular KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance to the PlayStation®4 system platform remastered in high definition. The newly improved title features brand new content with KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A fragmentary passage –, a playable episode that is played from the perspective of Aqua taking place after the storyline of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep and links to the upcoming KINGDOM HEARTS III. The title also includes KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover, a new HD movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers and connects to the earliest parts of the series’ history.

Other Square Enix games featured at Gamescom include Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, The Turing Test, Black The Fall, Tokyo Dark, Oh My Godheads, and Goetia.

Gamescom is held in Cologne, Germany from 17th-21st of August 2016!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Comes to Gamescom in Square Enix's Biggest Line-Up Yet

well kh3 will be like this next years regarless if it comes out 2017 or 2018

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Comes to Gamescom in Square Enix's Biggest Line-Up Yet

Now I'm kinda glad I will be there all 4 days. :D
I'm even curious about the new FF XV demo. I suppose it's gonna be fun.

halfmango

Awards

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
This will be amazing. I hope some (even if small ones) news will be there.

Though I might not be able to go there even though I'm living in the same country :( Then I'll have to rely on KHI newsflashes.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

This isn't really a surprise, but I'm hyped nonetheless. I wonder if we'll get a release date here. They can't wait too much longer to reveal it.

Rocketboy

Hey, maybe this means the demo could be at New York Comic Con too. Fingers crossed.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards

I'm so hyped about this!!!!!!!! Hyped actually would not be as big of a word as what I'm feeling!

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

KH stuff in Europe? Awesome. There's no way I can go, but I'm still happy that we've been getting recognized more lately! I'm super excited about the concert next spring and this sounds really good too. Looking forward to hearing you guys report about the demo!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

KH stuff in Europe? Awesome. There's no way I can go, but I'm still happy that we've been getting recognized more lately! I'm super excited about the concert next spring and this sounds really good too. Looking forward to hearing you guys report about the demo!

Uhm, actually the Gamescom has always had Square Enix stuff and also KH stuff since I can remember (I've been attending since 2011) whenever there was something relevant. I remember playing the II.5 demo two years ago, sooo, it's not we didn't get this recognition before. xD

I just hope everyone will be flooding some shooter games or whatever will be there again. Two years ago, I was able to freely play II.5 because everyone was hyping...I dunno, Call of Duty or League of Legends or whatever. And I REALLY hope they'll have an Aqua poster at the merch booth!! Preeettyyy pleaaase.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I'm looking forward to II.8's demo coming to several participating Taco Bell restaurants

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I'm looking forward to II.8's demo coming to several participating Taco Bell restaurants

none are looking forward to a kh/taco bell partnership more than i

Polowar

I wish they brought the demo to the consoles already i can't wait.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I wish they brought the demo to the consoles already i can't wait.
Normally I would agree, and I'd be begging Square Enix on twitter every day to release one, but there's not much they could do for II.8.

If they release a demo and it's DDD, the backlash might be real as people would want a "proper KH3 experience" with trying out Birth by Sleep 0.2.

There's also not much of 0.2 so releasing a demo of the first 20 minutes is quite substantial and probably 1/3rd of the entire game available to everyone for free.

We're almost in August. Only a few more months until December. We can do it everyone!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

There's also not much of 0.2 so releasing a demo of the first 20 minutes is quite substantial and probably 1/3rd of the entire game available to everyone for free.

This keeps me up at night. I'm torn on this issue, because 0.2, despite Nomura's lofty description of it, is probably really fucking short and we'll all blow through it in one sitting. On the other hand, giving new players a little taste of 0.2's gameplay might entice them to buy the full version, while DDD would probably just make people say "lol what is this ps2 game" and forget the whole thing.

I'm down for any kind of demo they give us. Playing DDD in 60fps is good enough for this kid. We'll probably get nothing though, no taco bell deals or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back