• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Trailer Featuring KH3 Footage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix delivered on their promise to upload the recent Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer today. Featuring Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD, X Back Cover, and Birth by Sleep 0.2 - A Fragmentary Passage - , the game will release exclusively on the Playstation 4 in 2016. The trailer even opens with a few brand new scenes from Kingdom Hearts 3.

Chirithy's monologue in the Back Cover portion of the trailer has also recieved an English translation;

Long ago, all the worlds were one.
This undivided world would come to be called the world of fairy tales.
It all began here, in Daybreak Town.
The Master of Masters has an eye that gazes into the future.
He bestowed upon five of his six apprentices a copy ofthe Book of Prophecies...
...which contained information about the catastrophic events that lay ahead. 

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I literally just saw this in my feed and thought about posting it. You guys always get the upper hand haha

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
<p>A new Kingdom Hearts 2.8 trailer has dropped featuring new Kingdom Hearts footage! Take a look below!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><iframe style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lElMrj25JHI" frameborder="0" width="669" height="551"></iframe></p>

I saw dodge roll in the new KHIII footage. That's more than enough for me right now. #DodgeRollIsMyNumberOneFriendinKH.

Also, I love how Eraqus seems to be putting down the darkness with the slightly different wording of his line now. LOL. "Unlike darkness, there's more to light than meets the eye" istead of, "And maybe light will win; there's more to light than meets the eye."

No dub for the Back Cover stuff, huh? Makes me wonder if SENA has cast anyone for those roles yet...

Also, did I hear wrong, or did they use Riku's Japanese battle grunts for this trailer? A bit weird, since everything else seems to be in English for 3D, but whatever, I guess.

Awesome trailer, and it was actually more than I expected from it, really.

The hype is real, guys. Ahh!:D

And I still say the Master of Masters is Walt Disney, secretly.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i have so much hype for back cover guys

Long ago, all the worlds were one.
This undivided world would come to be called the world of fairy tales.
It all began here, in Daybreak Town.
The Master of Masters has an eye that gazes into the future.
He bestowed upon five of his six apprentices a copy ofthe Book of Prophecies...
...which contained information about the catastrophic events that lay ahead.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also, did I hear wrong, or did they use Riku's Japanese battle grunts for this trailer? A bit weird, since everything else seems to be in English for 3D, but whatever, I guess.

SE trailers have been really odd the past few years because it's so often a mix of Japanese and English footage/dialogue. Kinda bizarre.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
SE trailers have been really odd the past few years because it's so often a mix of Japanese and English footage/dialogue. Kinda bizarre.
Reminds me of when we first heard Willa in BBS. It was grunts in Gameplay which made everyone think it was fake.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Yeah, Sign, that was what I was thinking, too:) This trailer just stuck out to me a bit compared to the other ones, though, because it seemed like it was the only part of the 3D segment... (err.. KH HD Dream Drop Distance) that did that, but it's totally fine:D I'm just happy to see this trailer at all, tbh.

Ahh, SE, how I love you lately: you're so good at showing trailers to the public these days. Thankfully, it looks as though our days of closed theaters and stuff like that are long behind us^_^

@Chaser Speaking of Willa, I'm really excited to hear her again in 0.2! I thought she'd improved greatly in the secret episode for BbSFM, so I wonder just how much better she might even be now!^^

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The master of masters and the world of fairy tale, I wonder how the community will coin these terms.

EDIT: MoM, lol.

KH2Rulz

Awards
Made some pics of the different transformations you can see in the trailer:

Album

Interesting that the transformations are very fluid. It's very encouraging that it's not going to be like BBS' style forms.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Upon rewatching the trailer... I'm kind of annoyed at how much SE is spoiling of Dream Drop Distance, since I know some people haven't been able to experience that title yet.

But then again, spoiling their games' stories in trailers is just Square Enix for you. -sighs-

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Upon rewatching the trailer... I'm kind of annoyed at how much SE is spoiling of Dream Drop Distance, since I know some people haven't been able to experience that title yet.

But then again, spoiling their games' stories in trailers is just Square Enix for you. -sighs-
Wasn't DDD spoiled a ton from the get-go back in 2012? At this point, I'm pretty sure that SE believes that their target audience has either already played DDD or has already found spoilers over the course of three years.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Wasn't DDD spoiled a ton from the get-go back in 2012? At this point, I'm pretty sure that SE believes that their target audience has either already played DDD or has already found spoilers over the course of three years.

No contest, the old trailers spoiled a crap ton. The E3 trailer gave away all the good moments. This trailer is too tamed in comparison.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

That is true. This series has never been one to even try to hide spoilers. It's always been like "you'll take it and you'll like it, and that's that".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The screens released for DDD were insane. 30 released every few days, each taken a few seconds apart. Whoever was on marketing for that game did a shockingly bad job.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Wasn't expecting those new KH3 clips! Square is on a roll with the news. All this KH and FF news has me pumped.

Talking about Chi though, Master of Masters who can see the future? That's interesting. That makes the Book of Prophecy make more sense, since now we know the author could see into the future, thus explaining the book's contents (it always annoys me in fiction when there's a "prophecy" but no explanation as to where it came from or anything).

But now the question becomes, how can the Master see into the future? And the term "Master" in KH usually always refers to Keyblade Master, even Yen Sid despite him no longer being such. If this guy is the Master of Masters, does that mean he was the original Keyblade Master? As in, the χ-Blade Master?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Oh gosh, I thought time traveling was a "no-go" (still kind of don't like) but now we're getting someone who can look into the future and a book that contains information on the future. Anyone else doing the Squidward like me right about now?

tumblr_miaq1nhrVs1qjbsm8o1_250.gif

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Oh gosh, I thought time traveling was a "no-go" (still kind of don't like) but now we're getting someone who can look into the future and a book that contains information on the future. Anyone else doing the Squidward like me right about now?

tumblr_miaq1nhrVs1qjbsm8o1_250.gif

Not gonna lie, it's beginning to worry me. I was fine with the time travel because Nomura was smart and made it so that it didn't mess with anything, it was only the explanation of how it works and why it was used that made it confusing.

This, on the other hand, has me skeptical. Kingdom Hearts is already weird with its plot, but its always been weird in that understandably anime-ish kind of way. The story contents of Chi, on the other hand, are making me think the story may get far fetched enough to actually make me upset with it, and I'm one of those diehard "KH can do no wrong" fanboys who has been totally fine with the entire KH lore thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back