• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 - Simple and Clean - Ray of Hope MIX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AirbagVII

Awards
So, everyone must have watched the brand new KH 2.8 trailer, but what do you guys think of the new Simple and Clean Mix that is going to be used for the opening of 0.2!?

Personally, I'm really digging it!

I know it's just a mix and not a brand new theme, but still it makes me even more excited let me wonder what to expect of a possible new theme when KH3 actually does come out.

What about you guys!?

Anyway, here's an Extended version of the new mix, in case you guys want to listen to, while replying... :biggrin:

[video=youtube;d5MwvIJ8GVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5MwvIJ8GVI[/video]

[video=youtube;yJkdeqeoor8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkdeqeoor8[/video]

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I love it! I don't usually listen to that type of music but this one I really like. It fits the trailer well and is just super catchy. I prefer the japanese version, but the english is nice too.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm gonna pretend this rendition is called Ray of Hope because SE wants us to hold out hope for Utada to come back. </3

That being said, thank you so much for this extended mix, yo. I just wish we had an official version out as well.

Luxu

Awards
*Deep Breath* Its great, and fit real well with the trailer. It sounds like memories being flushed out, similar to what is happening with Aqua.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's a pretty awesome remix and actually made me like the song, haha. I was never a fan of S&C, and more of a Hikari, Passion and Sanctuary lover.

Ixza Reprisae

Agreed. Simple and Clean is good, but Hikari, Sanctuary and Passion are my favorites by far. I prefer this version of Simple and Clean over the original, it's almost celebratory in a sense. That said, the Japanese version of Hikari -Ray of Hope MIX- is probably my second favorite rendition of the song only topped by the Godson mix.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love it! And Hikari - Ray of Hope- <3

Personally hoping Utada had a lot of input for this, which would mean a speaking relationship with her which would mean KH3 is locked in the bag <3 <3 <3

i have so much hope

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I love it! And Hikari - Ray of Hope- <3

Personally hoping Utada had a lot of input for this, which would mean a speaking relationship with her which would mean KH3 is locked in the bag <3 <3 <3

i have so much hope

Guess we all have a *puts shades* Ray of Hope! /badumtss

But in all seriousness, I am honestly, and wholeheartedly expecting KHIII to have a different song for its intro, even if it doesn't come from Utada, but hopefully they're in the talks with her.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
This song is one of the reasons why i've rewatched that trailer so many times now.
Same, it's such a perfect remix and a great move to energize the presentation of this title. It provides a motif of hope (hence its namesake) and, as others have said, a celebratory vibe which encourages us to look back and acknowledge 2.8 as both a milestone and a proper entry in the series with a character all its own.

I have little doubt Utada was consulted and that this is intended to signal, if not definitively, at least promisingly, her return for KH3. I'd hate to be a jinx but it's just looking so good right now.

I just really need the digital single for this. I need to hear that bridge~. <3
Thanks to the OP for the extended plays!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Thank you so much for the high quality videos. Most on youtube really bonked the quality aspect. (ps: it's hard to read the grey text on the dark theme)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Man, I loved this song. Pumped me full of energy, made me remember things from past KH games, and I think it really fitted with CGI cutscenes.

Hmm, so this remix was specifically created for 0.2 opening. The creators probably must have had permission from Utada or someone who takes care of these things. I hope this means that Utada`s return for KHIII isn`t that far fetched of a dream now.

Caxinuld

Awards
Absolutely love both versions of the mix, although I still love the original songs more based on nostalgia alone. These remixes live up to the name and give me a ray of hope that one of Utada's songs from her new album will appear in Kingdom Hearts III. The possibility of her making a new song that is just as good as Simple and Clean/Hikari and Sanctuary/Passion.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I absolutely LOVE the beginning of the song, but it ending up as being Hikari again kinda...meh.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Bro, I just have listened to this over and over, so much so that i just preordered Fantôme of japans amazon store. Solid Airbag. I needed this, Cheers dude

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sure there are others, but I love it. A very nice modern take on the song that brought a lot of people into this series.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I just... fell like it's really a 'childish' mix.
I don't really know. I mean, I appreciate them doing this. It's just not my cup of tea. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bro, I just have listened to this over and over, so much so that i just preordered Fantôme of japans amazon store. Solid Airbag. I needed this, Cheers dude

It isn't on Fantôme (but the album will be gorgeous nonetheless). I'm hoping it'll be on a OST released with the game or something.

I just... fell like it's really a 'childish' mix.
I don't really know. I mean, I appreciate them doing this. It's just not my cup of tea. :)

That was sort of the point, no? To sound childish. It is meant to sound youthful and fun, like the days when everything was filled with hope. The thing starting with Sora, Riku, and Kairi as kids playing on the beach is meant to set that tone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back