• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Screenshots and Info

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am a machineee

Finding the light within.
Website
profile.myspace.com
This is it, the final lead-up to 3. I'm surprised no one here though is excited at the prospect of a big box set for PS4, specifically for all the collections and not with #3 since you'd have to wait for that release. I never played my PS3 copies just cause I knew there'd be an announcement eventually. If only you could transfer your data!

If anyone is upset about this being for PS4 at least getting this will mean you aren't late to the party for KH3. Plus a pricedrop was just announced.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
At this point, I hope any all inclusive KH collection isn't a numbered title. Just make it something simple like "Kingdom Hearts Saga Collection" or "Kingdom Hearts Dark Seeker Collection" and so forth. No more numbers and decimals please. 2.8 is as weird as it needs to get. 1.5 and 2.5 were fine, and the 2.8 + 0.2 thing also makes sense, but pls stahp.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
At this point, I hope any all inclusive KH collection isn't a numbered title. Just make it something simple like "Kingdom Hearts Saga Collection" or "Kingdom Hearts Dark Seeker Collection" and so forth. No more numbers and decimals please. 2.8 is as weird as it needs to get. 1.5 and 2.5 were fine, and the 2.8 + 0.2 thing also makes sense, but pls stahp.

Someone at Square or Disney apparently likes math, so what?

1.5 + 2.5 = 4
2.8 + 0.2 = 3
3 + 4 = 7.
*ggg*.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They also seem to like mixing roman numerals with decimals xD

Awards
*adjusts my glasses* Well, from what I've read, there's not a real standard way to represent fractions or decimals in roman numerals. Usually, the romans just wrote out the appropriate word, like "tres septimae" to mean 3/7, or used some amount of uncia, which is 1/12, and semis, which is 1/2, but the latter was never standardized. Numerals and decimal points looks really silly, but any other way would look sorta overwhelming, especially since they probably just picked up roman numerals at first to look cool.

Well, I'm sad that this game is pretty much guaranteed to have like no Kairi, but I can't wait to build up my dream team again. My Meme Bunny and Majik Lapin will be reborn~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
CONFIIIIIIIIIIIRMED WITH NU GRAPHICS WE HAD THE TECHNOLOGY I LUV U GAIZ

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Excited to play 3D on a main console! I'm also glad they're including a video with any story-relevant information from chi because I'll probably never play that. The BbS thing is nice, but it just says "episode" which could be as short as the episode they added to BbS Final Mix.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
DDD + PS4 = custom music

tl;dr inception soundtrack while in the RoS

Anagram

Banned
KH HD 2.9 Final Collection, coming soon

"Kingdom Hearts Collection! Finally the entire series in one place! Everything from 1 to 3 and everything in between!" *announces kh4 for ps5 and kh more days for 4DS*

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

They either do that because they think roman numerals look fancier or because the numbered titles are almost always written with them in official media and this serves to try and underline the importance of the collections to them.

"Kingdom Hearts Collection! Finally the entire series in one place! Everything from 1 to 3 and everything in between!" *announces kh4 for ps5 and kh more days for 4DS*

Maybe you should seriously consider making your avatar a Trollface, lol.

Funny thing is, this is even a probable scenario to become reality later...

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm excited because not only does this mean worlds like Castle of Dreams in PS4 graphics, but haunted destroyed takes on Disney worlds? Hell yes!

*five pages later*

THIS is what I anticipated when I first saw the ending to BBS Final Mix. I'm not sure how much content is going to be involved in this entry, but I'm hoping for a lot~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
KH HD 2.9 Final Collection, coming soon
Announcing Kingdom Hearts 4.0 HD Shattered Toilets Remix! featuring an exclusive episode about Yen Sid's raging hemorrhoids! only on Xbox One!

Anagram

Banned
Maybe you should seriously consider making your avatar a Trollface, lol.
mql31d.gif

Funny thing is, this is even a probable scenario to become reality later...

Sad truth isn't it?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
mql31d.gif

Sad truth isn't it?

Yep, that's it.
Now the Usertitle should be changed from "-" to "Problem, Fanbase?" or just "Problem?" and you're the Troll Emperor of KHInsider.

It is.
Despite stating concern for the "spread out" of the series, they only lessened it instead of truly getting rid of it.
With x[chi] (both browser and phone version) getting canon too, the spread even got wider again. Which is probably why they include something related to it in 2.8...

Anagram

Banned
Yep, that's it.
Now the Usertitle should be changed from "-" to "Problem, Fanbase?" or just "Problem?" and you're the Troll Emperor of KHInsider.

It is.
Despite stating concern for the "spread out" of the series, they only lessened it instead of truly getting rid of it.
With x[chi] (both browser and phone version) getting canon too, the spread even got wider again. Which is probably why they include something related to it in 2.8...

Nah. Doing that would just invite a bunch of troublemaker and upstarts to try and take a title I don't care about defending. haha

The spread is definitly still a problem. It's not as wide spread but it's also not spread in a way that's cheap. Hopefully they'll act like they actually care about the spread and port the old remixes. Don't need no fancy collections or 2.9s, just playable discs on ps4.
I also wonder what they'll do for those Microsoft fans that loves and had the ps2 or other games of the series but are only getting KH3. (betting nothing)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nah. Doing that would just invite a bunch of troublemaker and upstarts to try and take a title I don't care about defending. haha

The spread is definitly still a problem. It's not as wide spread but it's also not spread in a way that's cheap. Hopefully they'll act like they actually care about the spread and port the old remixes. Don't need no fancy collections or 2.9s, just playable discs on ps4.
I also wonder what they'll do for those Microsoft fans that loves and had the ps2 or other games of the series but are only getting KH3. (betting nothing)

That's probably true as well, even more when I consider some of the things posted in some parts of Forum Insanity...ahem.

They do care to some extent or the remixes would not have been made in the first place at all although Nomura never being happy about having the Final Mix content only in Japan might have also had something to do with it.
Well, they could do something similar like with FFX and FFX-2. It's made by the same company and I doubt that Disney would have any objections.
Square: Should we bring them to PS4 as well?
Disney: Why not? Can only mean more money, can it not?

If I have to be completely honest I do not think Square gives a single crap about any of the Microsoft-consoles (all versions of the Xbox flopped heavily in Japan) or the fanbase belonging to them. Any Final Fantasy title on XBox did totally crappy so far on Microsoft systems (in Europe most people also get FF for the Playstation instead of Microsoft), which is why I was genuinely surprised that when KH III was unveiled at E3 2013 they announced that it would also come for XBoxOne and I'm still convinced that it only happens because Microsoft threw a truly sizeable pile of money into Square's coffers.

Anagram

Banned
They do care to some extent or the remixes would not have been made in the first place at all although Nomura never being happy about having the Final Mix content only in Japan might have also had something to do with it.
Well, they could do something similar like with FFX and FFX-2. It's made by the same company and I doubt that Disney would have any objections.
Square: Should we bring them to PS4 as well?
Disney: Why not? Can only mean more money, can it not?

If I have to be completely honest I do not think Square gives a single crap about any of the Microsoft-consoles (all versions of the Xbox flopped heavily in Japan) or the fanbase belonging to them. Any Final Fantasy title on XBox did totally crappy so far on Microsoft systems (in Europe most people also get FF for the Playstation instead of Microsoft), which is why I was genuinely surprised that when KH III was unveiled at E3 2013 they announced that it would also come for XBoxOne and I'm still convinced that it only happens because Microsoft threw a truly sizeable pile of money into Square's coffers.

Tbh at the moment I'm more convinced the remixes was a quick cashcow to tide fans over and an attempt to try and gain back some fans they've lost over time to console spread and lost interest in a series so hard to keep up with. (in our years here we both know more relied on YouTube than wasting money don't have to keep up with this series) (then more lost ones once they realize all the backstory/myth is in interviews)
Hopefully they pitch a port idea to Disney then. Disney is always up for quick cash which ports would give them.

I doubt they care either. I never liked Xbox myself but still curious how that will go.

Michael Mario

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5-2.5 Remix, anyone? Available both as an individual game and bundled with Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue to form "Kingdom Hearts: Journey to III Complete Collection".

Might be a little too simple for Square, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back