• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Gameplay Footage from Playstation Access

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
So it seems like whatever system they had in place to acknowledge enemies over objects is not quite perfected. The lamps aren't completely random objects, they do provide focus and health looks like. But Aqua should have to go out of her way to attack the lamps which appear to be everywhere. Seems like an easy fix. Maybe.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Solution: make the lampposts lock onto and attack aqua

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So it seems like whatever system they had in place to acknowledge enemies over objects is not quite perfected. The lamps aren't completely random objects, they do provide focus and health looks like. But Aqua should have to go out of her way to attack the lamps which appear to be everywhere. Seems like an easy fix. Maybe.

It definitely shouldn't be hard to script them to be untargetable objects in battle while still making it possible to strike them so if you need HP/MP/Focus, you can get them. And make it so you can lock on out of battle, but when battle instances begin it auto deselects them. KH3D had pretty good object vs enemy targeting if I am remembering correctly, so they know how to do it.

BBS had something of a similar issue, though. I remember in Disney Town there was a lamp post you could accidentally target when in combat, but targetable objects were limited in BBS to begin with.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The lock-on was a big problem in the PS Access gameplay and hopefully the team has taken in that feedback and applied it to the game very soon, if not already.

I'm really liking the 0.2 gameplay. I decided not to try it for myself this weekend so I can't speak from a hands-on perspective but it looks like it has the potential to be extremely fun. It's good that what we experience with Aqua is what we will be experiencing with Sora and it allows Osaka to make any changes now before the game launches on [redacted].

One thing I don't like is Aqua's run. It doesn't look natural to me, the way she's covering long distances. I recognise the worlds are larger so they might have sped things up to cover a bigger distance but if they could make it look like how a person would actually move then that would be fantastic.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if they watch people play the game and pick out issues like fans do

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The QA testers should have the same issues and provide that type of feedback.

Other than that, yes Square Enix does listen to issues people have with their games, especially with demos at trade shows.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Was I the only one who was excited to finally see Terra in 0.2 not froma phone recording the game? I started the video hype to finally see him in next gen graphics. Then they cut the video before that part

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, I wonder if we will see a glimpse of the smarter enemies they have taking about in 0.2? It would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back