• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Gameplay Footage from Playstation Access

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Because you are nitpicking over something everybody is saying can't be fixed easily when it is the one game in the entire franchise with the least amount of fish face.
ugh how i hate it when people feel the need to tell me what i can talk negatively about and what i cant talk negatively aboutIf something bothers me, then I express that. I am me and I won't let anyone have the say about how I am supposed to think about something.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ugh how i hate it when people feel the need to tell me what i can talk negatively about and what i cant talk negatively about
If something bothers me, then I express that. But I am me and I won't let anyone have the say about how I am supposed to think about something.

Nobody said you can't voice your feelings. I was just explaining why Alpha said what he said.

Royce & Mueller

Because you are nitpicking over something everybody is saying can't be fixed easily when it is the one game in the entire franchise with the least amount of fish face.

Oh, it can be fixed. Remember Birth by Sleep? In the original release, little Sora and Riku were pure fish faces. For the Final Mix release, they went ahead and actually fixed that.

So yes. It's a problem. He's got a right to point it out because it's a problem, and one that can be remedied because it's been remedied before already.

And I'm not even factoring the other two HD releases into it as well. They have zero excuse to not fix it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, it can be fixed. Remember Birth by Sleep? In the original release, little Sora and Riku were pure fish faces. For the Final Mix release, they went ahead and actually fixed that.

So yes. It's a problem. He's got a right to point it out because it's a problem, and one that can be remedied because it's been remedied before already.

And I'm not even factoring the other two HD releases into it as well. They have zero excuse to not fix it.

And yet KH3D is not a Final Mix. It's a port with other things they've had to concentrate on completely rebuilding from the ground up like most of the touch controls. The very limited fish face in KH3D is hardly at the top of their "To Do" list.

(Though the fact that they've had time to add new DEs in should mean they have time for other things)

Not to mention working on 0.2 has probably taken up all of their attention. Is fixing fish face in a port of a 3DS game really that important to address when they need to fix all of the excess shine and plastic face and deformities in the models in 0.2?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's not really about fixing when it's not something that's broken.

For almost all video games, there are different models for characters, I think everyone basically guesses this, but there are reasons why they do it. Having a close-up high poly model and one for scenes where it's not as important are something that they do in order to focus on what needs to be focused on.

Sora and Riku already have new models to begin with, in fact most of the game I'd wager has new textures. But, going through the time to build and rig a 3D face for a low-poly model definitely wouldn't be a priority for them when it's not as important. For scenes like the kids in BBS Sora, Riku, AND Kairi were given high poly models because they were shown, close up, for incredibly important scenes. But it wasn't just a final mix thing, it was something they did for the international releases - and the wait between those releases was unbearable.

Are they noticeable for 3d now? Yeah, but I think it was a choice they made on purpose. Though, yeah, you don't have to like it.

Precursor Mar

I don't have to play it to know it's floaty. It's right there, on the screen. Aqua just stops and floats there in midair as if her attacks are completely impervious to the laws of gravity. Combat didn't work like that in KH1&2. Sora would propel himself upwards and then immediately drop, like a normal person should.

And yes, I'm obviously talking about aerial combat. But even ground combat doesn't hold a candle to KH2's.

Awards
I don't have to play it to know it's floaty. It's right there, on the screen. Aqua just stops and floats there in midair as if her attacks are completely impervious to the laws of gravity. Combat didn't work like that in KH1&2. Sora would propel himself upwards and then immediately drop, like a normal person should.
That "floaty" aerial combat in 0.2 could just be Aqua's fighting style, ya know. She isn't exactly a physical fighter. Magic is her real talent.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
it's so good that the kh fandom cycles through the exact same discussions every few weeks.
makes it very easy for newcomers

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
it's so good that the kh fandom cycles through the exact same discussions every few weeks.
makes it very easy for newcomers

Excuse you Audo I like talking about how 1. bad BBS's combat apparently is 2. how floaty Aqua is in BBS and in 0.2 3. fish face 4. how 0.2 isn't KH2 over and over and over every single week.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Are we all done being all salty for no good reason? Because given my low standards (I legit enjoyed Days' gameplay), I'm already pretty sure I'll be just fine with this battle system, plus I feel blown away every time I catch a glimpse of it. Just look at those glorious magic attacks! And the environments, holy shit, it's like the End of the World all over again except it's made up of chunks of world, rather than demonic candy land. If there's one thing we can be sure of, it's that Fragmentary Passage's gameplay will not be slow.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Unless things are constantly glitching out or the movements make the camera go crazy, I'm probably not going to care much if it's like BbS or KH2. For me it doesn't make much of a difference. As long as they make the bosses interesting (which it looks like they have), it's all good. I totally get why people hate having to cartwheel or dodge constantly so in that case, I hope that is fixed for them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thanks for making fun of me. Are we done now?

You aren't the only one who mentions fish face. There was a discussion where people asked how they'd handle faces in KH3, and then a few weeks ago there was a topic where fish face was brought up. Then like a few months ago I know for a fact there was one big thread about the topic on its own.

The truth of the matter is we do cycle on the same topics: combat being/not being a certain game's combat, not liking a certain game for the same five reasons we always list, 0.2/KH3 graphics, fish face in past games and worries about it in future games, how loose or tight the combat in 0.2/KH3 is, etc.

It's repetitive and boring. We can do better as a community to strive for more creative criticisms and thoughts.

Now back to the topic, I obviously love the combat. Aqua's freedom of mobility is one of my favorite parts about the demo. Just being able to chain attacks while midair was exciting. Doesn't feel bad at all and I don't need a game like KH to follow the laws of physics down to the T to enjoy it. It's got weight, attack canceling, impact, and just looks gorgeous.

The one thing they can fix is the weird auto lock-on to lamp posts. I didn't do it often but I saw it a lot in the PlayStation Access footage and see people complaining about it after playing the demo so it is something worth fixing.

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I can't really recall right now, but how did locking onto objects work in other games?

I remember in KH1... there was no lock-on symbol unless you activated yourself on objects like boxes or pots right? Maybe they need to do the same thing here?

Just had a peek at KH1 gameplay in Wonderland with all the flowers. It seems while you are in battle, the lock on points on the flowers and whatnot don't really appear. (Unless you're REALLY up on it)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I can't really recall right now, but how did locking onto objects work in other games?

I remember in KH1... there was no lock-on symbol unless you activated yourself on objects like boxes or pots right? Maybe they need to do the same thing here?

Just had a peek at KH1 gameplay in Wonderland with all the flowers. It seems while you are in battle, the lock on points on the flowers and whatnot don't really appear. (Unless you're REALLY up on it)

Exactly.
An example I can give you from KH2: When you are out of reach of an enemy (land of dragons), Sora locks onto the rockets and explosives lying around, but as soon as you get in the enemies' reach, Sora locks onto them. There are some exceptions of course and the system isn't perfect either, but it's not half as bad as in 0.2, where Aqua sometimes just decides to charge DOWN out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back