• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Gameplay Footage from Playstation Access

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
BBS' gameplay was just shit and I don't see why people always have to defend it and go "HARDWARE LIMITATIONS!"...
I'm not even gonna elaborate on this, because this has been talked about millions of times and Hirokey listed most of it's fault's.

Nobody is defending BBS. I'm not even sure why you are thinking that.

I get you don't get why people use "hardware limitations" as a defense but I mean I'm not even gonna elaborate on this because it has been talked about millions of times anyways.

Do you see how reductive that argument is? We can go onto infinity with that very sentence and get nowhere.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Nobody is defending BBS. I'm not even sure why you are thinking that.

I get you don't get why people use "hardware limitations" as a defense but I mean I'm not even gonna elaborate on this because it has been talked about millions of times anyways.

Do you see how reductive that argument is? We can go onto infinity with that very sentence and get nowhere.
I mean generally, not only this Thread.

I already said in my post that Hirokey has already listed most of it's fault, which is why I didn't feel the need to elaborate on it.

Royce & Mueller

You can view The Grid reality shift here @1:10:

[video=youtube;x6B-pajjJOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6B-pajjJOM[/video]

That's been around for a while though, and Code Break is a relatively simple Reality Shift to port. I was honestly hoping to see some of La Cite de Cloches, but it seems everyone keeps putting emphasis on 0.2. Yeah, sure, it's the newest thing and close to KH3 and exciting, but...do we have to keep watching videos of the exact same demo over and over? In addition to the newest one, there's like four off-screen demo showcases.

DDD HD? Only a single off-screen. Kinda lame, yeah?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Unfortunately I don't believe La Cite de Cloches was available for demos. At each trade show they've brought the opening of 0.2, Riku in The Grid, and Sora in Traverse Town.

I mean, you can see they use the analogue stick for Traverse Town but until the game is released, it's highly unlikely we can see the rest.

[video=youtube;FkjtFpCnGxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkjtFpCnGxU[/video]

Royce & Mueller

Mhm, it was available. :3 Since E3, all 2.8 booths contained four demos - Sora (Traverse Town), Riku (Grid), Riku (Cloche), and Aqua (0.2).

Although...I actually made a mistake lol. I thought it was Sora in La Cite. Same thing though! And I DO remember seeing an off-screen vid with Riku using Faithline, but...the quality was beyond horrid lol.

But, thanks for that video! Never saw it before! :D Just what I was kind of looking for! lol

Venx

0.2 has quite a bit of weight behind movements and attacks. It might not look like it on camera, but it feels grounded.

Well, I did probably everything I could do in the gamescom demo and it felt 1:1 like bbs aqua to me. Aqua attacked kinda slowly, in the air she flew to the near enemyes (or lanterns) when I attacked and the movement is still the same. Even the ridiculous "double jump" that didn't really give you much cameracontrol, so you fall down everytime you try to platform instead of using my favorite asassins creed mechanic. pressing forward.

"Spock played the demo and said the combat is more stable and substantial than BBS"
"Good old BBS combat" (must have ignored the last comment)

Lel

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I know I'm pushing with this, but I still think it's Aqua's Battlestyle.
Again: I haven't played the game, so I'm not 100% sure

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I still don't quite get what floaty means. I can assume it means like, your character barely touches the ground or it feels like they're always hovering??? Is it sliding on the ground or what?? Birth by Sleep wasn't like that. There was hardly any vertical space at all to float around. As others said, everything felt really grounded and rooted in Birth by Sleep. That's not a defense or an attack on the game, it's just how it is and I guess some people hate it or like it.

Maybe I'm just not very observant, but I never noticed such things while playing Birth by Sleep (when I play KH games, I just play the best I can and make up my own strategies, I'm not good at using guides or abusing the flaws in a system)

I've been watching every gameplay of 0.2 I can find and the only thing I could describe as floaty is her running speed and how it matches her feet. Is that 'floaty'? In the TGS gameplay, that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore from what I saw though.

If 'floaty' is just meant to describe all her aerial combat then... well... it wouldn't be very aerial if she dropped like a rock to the ground.

As for Aqua's movement, I still don't have much of an opinion on it. People have compared her keyblade attack speed to BbS and it's clearly faster now even if the movements are the same (I believe that is simply Aqua's style, and the same will happen with Ven and Terra. Only Sora, Roxas, and Xion share similar stances/attacks from what we've seen right?)

In BbS, Aqua attacking with her keyblade wasn't really all that great either way, it was her magic that mattered and they put a lot of effort in making her super mobile and flexible when casting her magic compared to BbS based on what I've seen. I love the twirl thing she does when she casts thundaga

Muke

whatever
Awards
(I believe that is simply Aqua's style, and the same will happen with Ven and Terra. Only Sora, Roxas, and Xion share similar stances/attacks from what we've seen right?)

In BbS, Aqua attacking with her keyblade wasn't really all that great either way, it was her magic that mattered and they put a lot of effort in making her super mobile and flexible when casting her magic compared to BbS based on what I've seen. I love the twirl thing she does when she casts thundaga
FINALLY, I'M NOT ALONE ANYMORE <3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oops, this is E3 footage LOL

About 0.2:
I'm okay with Aqua's style as long as her magic is strong and it's her style. The second I see Sora move as bulky as she does though, I'm probably gonna tick.
I didn't feel it as heavily as in BBS, but for example, instead of attacking an enemy in the air, Aqua had quite a lot of fun locking on to random lanterns in the area which quite bothered me honestly.

And please don't anyone give me that "you haven't read what Spock said!!1!"; I played the demo myself thank you.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It's a remaster of a 3DS game, of course they didn't change the faces.
Sorry, but I don't get why they can't quickly replace the 2D-Sprites with just a Model for the Lips.
Also, it is a full price title on a PS4 WHY do we need to see 2D-Low-Budget-Looking-Fish-Face-Sprites on a next gen console??

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sorry, but I don't get why they can't quickly replace the 2D-Sprites with just a Model for the Lips.
Also, it is a full price title on a PS4 WHY do we need to see 2D-Low-Budget-Looking-Fish-Face-Sprites on a next gen console??
I have little to no experience with 3D modeling and graphics, but I do know that it's a lot more complicated than just superimposing models on top of models.
(Besides if the massive and often distracting amount of fish face in KH1 went unamended, why would the relatively sparse amount in DDD be fixed either?)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
The models for fish faces and full models are completely different I'm pretty sure. With a fishface, the only thing you have to do is have a few static expressions and move the body as you wish.

With a fully animated face well, there are a lot of points on the face to make the mouth move like a real math. I haven't done 3D modelling myself simply because of how much of a hurdle it seems to make a face look and speak like an actual face. Not to mention making the body look like a body.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

For starters, Kingdom Hearts 3D has the lowest amount of fish face scenes out of all the Kingdom Hearts games (if you don't count 1.5 Days and 2.5 ReCoded), and besides, they're simultaeneously developing for Kingdom Hearts III whilst 2.8 is being developed.

I really don't think that it's worth "fixing" fish faces with the current schedules that Square Enix has regarding the Kingdom Hearts franchise. Animating models and rigging them is a long process, you can't just slap a facial expression and leave it at that.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
If my eyes do not device me I think Aqua does aerial combos to the Shadows. If you timed it right you could do them in KH1 and KH2 even to enemies that were not in the air, so I think that coming back, which is nice. It was a bit harder to do in BBS and in DDD. I just love the way she moves and hits too. They are Aqua´s style like in BBS, but they seem much smoother. I like BBS combat, but at times it felt like you had strings in your body pulling you back, but the movement here is more free.

Hirokey123

Awards
It looks to me more like Aqua has a combo master ability equipped because the way she was flowing from enemy to enemy in the air reminds me of say Days where combo master was innate so you just go from one enemy to the next save for a small cool down.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It looks to me more like Aqua has a combo master ability equipped because the way she was flowing from enemy to enemy in the air reminds me of say Days where combo master was innate so you just go from one enemy to the next save for a small cool down.

Ooh right, that very well could be the case. But I think still it was a bit hard to do aerial combos against smaller enemies that were on the ground in BBS.

I am still blown away by the visual in 0.2. When they start the demo and walk on the bridge towards the gate... seeing the place just hover with crystals around... it`s like your are in space or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back