• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Gameplay Footage from Playstation Access

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

EGX 2016 came and went in a fashionable fanfare of gaming delights. During the UK based expo, the team from Playstation Access held live streams over four days showcasing off Playstation's upcoming greatest hits. KINGDOM HEARTS HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue was one of the games that was showcased. You can view Hollie Bennett and Rob Pearson play through the opening area of KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage -.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue will release January 12th 2017 in Japan and January 24th 2017 worldwide on Playstation 4. As the first game in the series on Playstation 4, it contains KINGDOM HEARTS HD DREAM DROP DISTANCE (a full length game featuring Sora and Riku in the Realm of Sleep, boosted to 1080p with 60fps), KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage - (a prologue to KINGDOM HEARTS 3 which follows Aqua venturing through the falling worlds in the Realm of Darkness), and KINGDOM HEARTS X BACK COVER (details the Foretellers and their downfall which lead to the Keyblade War).

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Muke

whatever
Awards
I wonder if the final game will let us use Shortcuts instead of scrolling down to the Magic-Menu?

Luxu

Awards
I wonder if the final game will let us use Shortcuts instead of scrolling down to the Magic-Menu?

All you need is Blizzard, all you need is Blizzard.

If the Prologue is like any main series game (As its suppose to be like KH3) then it should have a Shortcut on it.

Muke

whatever
Awards
All you need is Blizzard, all you need is Blizzard.

If the Prologue is like any main series game (As its suppose to be like KH3) then it should have a Shortcut on it.
I'm still gonna use every spell.

Yeah, but idk it wasn't in the Demo Build. Was it ever in a trailer or so?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm still gonna use every spell.

Yeah, but idk it wasn't in the Demo Build. Was it ever in a trailer or so?
I'm almost 100% sure it was in the demo build at e3. In the comments they answered it had a shortcut option but the guy just doesn't like to use it.

Sorakh212

Awards
Man this looks amazing! I can't wait to see an upload without face cams and commentary. It was certainly nice to get a better look at .2 and what's in story with 2.8 Firaga is pretty much Mega Flare now too holy shit that was huge and powerful looking. Can't wait to see what else is in store and or if there are more spells as well.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I watched a little bit and like Spock said when she played the demo, the hits really have weight behind them and enemies get stunned. That makes me really happy! That was one of the things that worried me a bit but I don´t have to anymore! I also love how smoothly the finishers and magic connects to combos, and you can even do Aqua`s finisher on the air now. I think in BBS it forces you to the ground when you activate a finisher.

Firaga is indeed Mega Flare now. Aqua even uses the same posture when she fires it.
You can also see the shortcut in the TGS trailer, it`s used in the mines as Aqua cast multiply Blizzaga spells really fast. I guess the shortcut menu acts as the command deck.

Gosh, I need this game right now.

EDIT:

Man, the surroundings look really beautiful.

Last edited:

Precursor Mar

Just as I feared, it's literally just BBS combat with the command menu. Floaty attacks and all. Damn it Osaka, can't you do anything right?

And those frame drops aren't helping either.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I just want to point out the last few comments. We got (in summary)
"Spock played the demo and said the combat is more stable and substantial than BBS"
"Good old BBS combat" (must have ignored the last comment)
"I watched the video and didn't play it, but I can tell it's the same floaty gameplay as BBS" (definitely ignored the other comment)

Sorry if it seems rude, I've just had my fill of people complaining to complain. I feel like the word floaty is thrown around just to sound cool, even when it's not the case (talking about 0.2 where I'm pretty sure weve had multiple first hand accounts that say it's a vast improvement on BBS gameplay). Sorry. I just don't like the word floaty to describe the gameplay. It's vague and overused. And in this instance, brings the views and experiences of the Mods to a level on unimportance.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Good old birth by sleep combat

Just as I feared, it's literally just BBS combat with the command menu. Floaty attacks and all. Damn it Osaka, can't you do anything right?

And those frame drops aren't helping either.

It's really not floaty at all. BBS was least of all floaty but irritatingly grounded.

0.2 has quite a bit of weight behind movements and attacks. It might not look like it on camera, but it feels grounded. Also in the newer footage from the TGS trailer they've made Aqua even more grounded.

The floaty comments you guys are making are surrounding the aerial combat, which is intentional since the fields are not just horizontally open but vertically open as well. How else are you gonna jump up to get to airborne enemies stories above you if there isn't some kind of freedom in vertical actions for Aqua's movements.

"Spock played the demo and said the combat is more stable and substantial than BBS"
"I watched the video and didn't play it, but I can tell it's the same floaty gameplay as BBS" (definitely ignored the other comment)

Sorry if it seems rude, I've just had my fill of people complaining to complain. I feel like the word floaty is thrown around just to sound cool, even when it's not the case (talking about 0.2 where I'm pretty sure weve had multiple first hand accounts that say it's a vast improvement on BBS gameplay). Sorry. I just don't like the word floaty to describe the gameplay. It's vague and overused. And in this instance, brings the views and experiences of the Mods to a level on unimportance.

Agreed. What is floaty? Her aerial movements? Her ground attacks? BBS was floaty? I swear it did everything in its power to keep you on the ground and they moved like slightly less stiff tanks?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

That's a fair assessment to an extent, but floaty is an accurate way to describe a game's combat. It's often used because it is an accurate descriptor. People not listening to the mods can get annoying, but sometimes you might just have to realize that maybe people will just have to play it to really believe and understand what it is all about. Some people didn't like BBS's combat, and since this is a game that relates to Birth By Sleep, it is totally understandable where they make the connection.

The mods played it and I believe them, but that may not necessarily convince everyone. I don't think it is necessarily fair to condemn the description of "floaty" if that is indeed what they feel BBS felt like. I enjoyed BBS myself, and agree that 0.2's combat looks superb.

Royce & Mueller

I wish we could see some DDD HD gameplay already... I really want to see what the Reality Shifts are like.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish we could see some DDD HD gameplay already... I really want to see what the Reality Shifts are like.
You can view The Grid reality shift here @1:10:

[video=youtube;x6B-pajjJOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6B-pajjJOM[/video]

Hirokey123

Awards
Floaty is like the last word I use to describe BBS combat. BBS was so anti-float that the most base of air combat was tedious and made an enemy that moves at a snail's pace in the air one of the most obnoxious enemies in the game to deal with. Near every command or action in BBS grounded you or couldn't be used in the air period, which made Aqua's double jump laughable useless. Their air combos were laughably bad to with how stiff they were and how they wiffed. About the only thing that felt floaty in BBS was the jumping which had no sense of weight and yet felt like TAV had magnets pulling them to the ground. I mean more or less ALL of this was fixed with DDD...so I'm not really to worried about 0.2's gameplay.

Muke

whatever
Awards
BBS' gameplay was just shit and I don't see why people always have to defend it and go "HARDWARE LIMITATIONS!"...
I'm not even gonna elaborate on this, because this has been talked about millions of times and Hirokey listed most of it's fault's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back