• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue website confirms DLC!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The official KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue website has confirmed that there will be downloadable content (DLC) for the upcoming PlayStation 4 title. What this DLC will contain and how much it costs are currently unknown.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will release January 12th 2017 in Japan.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts! Visit our forums to join the discussion!

Sonicfan2525

Awards
...this...raises a lot of questions. But yeah I can't expect it to be anything incredibly significant. Language tracks, dream eaters, and costumes are probably the most likely candidates as you all have pointed out.

Axeken

I....just don't know how I feel. I mean I figured it would eventually happen to this series but I thought it'd be in KHIII, not a collection. Oh well. Hopefully, there's a season pass and there's story DLC. Not joking, if we're getting it might as well make it be good stuff

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Xion Dream Eater pls. (And also a Sora DE for Riku and a Riku DE for Sora).

But 4real, I hope this does mean more Dream Eaters, as well as maybe possible expansions to 0.2? I mean, it IS the demo to KH3, and XV had like, 2 versions of the same demo and then Platinum. Highly doubt there will be another demo for KH3 but maybe they'll throw on a Last Mission+ just to spice things up for us?

If it's story related, it better eiher be free or not be coming out till 6 months from the release to justify it costing something.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If it's expansions to 0.2 and DDD then I'm all for it. Alternatively, the DLC may be a hypothetical Final Mix for Dream Drop Distance. They said that the base game for DDD isn't going to change, but then again, DLC throws all that out of the window entirely.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
If it's expansions to 0.2 and DDD then I'm all for it. Alternatively, the DLC may be a hypothetical Final Mix for Dream Drop Distance. They said that the base game for DDD isn't going to change, but then again, DLC throws all that out of the window entirely.
It would be an interesting time to experiment with this since DLC arguably renders the whole Final Mix model moot to begin with. I could see them including a lot of the Final Mix-type content rather harmlessly: alternate Dream Eater skins, for instance.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I did basically re-buy some the games just for the extra Final Mix content, but on the other hand, I'm not sure I feel comfortable paying specifically for things like extra Keyblades and boss fights. Part of the fun of the Final Mix packages was discovering that new content as part of the actual process of replaying the game. So in that sense, I'd almost prefer a full-on New Game+ DLC or something like that.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmm, while I don't mind the DLC itself, I'm happy with anything really, costumes, dream eaters, skins, all fine with me. I just hope we don't have to pay for it. Or atleast not an insane amount of money. I'm not that familiar with DLC, so I'm not sure what the usual amount is with Square.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm not a fan of DLCs so I hope it's just dream eaters or something like that. No story stuff please. Same goes for KH3.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yay, DLC. Gonna buy every single one of them!
(pls be costumes <3)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
SE don't make me buy DLC, I'm not about that life... unless it's KH and I'll bitch every step of the way but open my wallet anyhow.

Sob. They see right through us.

WastedPenguin

Awards
It really depends on what kind of DLC it will be to make me buy it.
If its something like keyblades, a secret ending, a new world or other gameplay features i will riot because i think this stuff is supposed to be in the game from the start and i wouldnt want to pay money for that.
But as long as its something small like costumes, dream eaters and stuff that wont hurt the gameplay and the whole game then im totally fine with it.
Could also be that this DLC will just be a PS4 Pro Patch since sony already confirmed that HDR/4K patches may cost money.

Last edited:

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
SE don't make me buy DLC, I'm not about that life... unless it's KH and I'll bitch every step of the way but open my wallet anyhow.

Sob. They see right through us.
Me, everytime they release TAV Medals in Ux.
It really depends on what kind of DLC it will be to make me buy it.
If its something like keyblades, a secret ending, a new world or other gameplay features i will riot because i think this stuff is supposed to be in the game from the start and i wouldnt want to pay money for that.
But as long as its something small like costumes, dream eaters and stuff that wont hurt the gameplay and the whole game then im totally fine with it.
Could also be that this DLC will just be a PS4 Pro Patch since sony already confirmed that HDR/4K patches may cost money.
Huh? People first have to buy a PS4 Pro AND then buy a extra Patch so they can run the game?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
God, I hate DLC. Hopefully it's just meaningless crap like costumes, keyblades, etc., not actual content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back