• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Rated by ESRB

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue has been rated by the Entertainment Software Rating Board this evening.

This is a compilation of action role-playing games in which players assume the roles of young warriors traveling through fantastical worlds to stop the spread of darkness. Players use giant key-shaped swords and magic attacks to defeat Dream Eaters, classic Disney villains, and other creatures (e.g., dragons, imps, slimes) in melee-style combat. Battles are accompanied by light effects, cries of pain, and impact sounds; enemies disappear into colorful orbs and particles when defeated. A handful of sequences allow players to throw projectiles at other characters from a first-person perspective. Some cutscenes depict human characters struck and/or wounded by magical swords and explosions. The word “hell” appears in the dialogue.

The game was also rated E10+ for Fantasy Violence, Mild Language.

For comparison, this was the description given to Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance on May 5th 2012 (E10+ for Fantasy Violence):

This is an action role-playing game in which players control Sora and Riku, two characters who travel through dreams to stop an evil villain. Players use magic spells and a large key-shaped sword to defeat animal- or spirit-like creatures and classic Disney villains (e.g., Monstro the whale, Ursula the sea witch); some attacks result in colorful explosions and shockwaves that dispatch multiple enemies at once. Comical yelps can be heard throughout, and damage is indicated by depleting health meters. Some cutscenes depict other perilous situations (e.g., a woman getting rescued from being burned at the stake; a man getting struck in the chest with a sword).

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue releases on January 24th 2017 for Playstation 4. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX will release on Playstation 4 shortly after, on March 28th in North America and March 31st 2017 in Europe.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
updates
- game is now 60 fps
- widescreen
- new dream eaters
- characters say "hell" a lot more now

Sora: You treat people's hearts like they're bottles in hell! But they're not!

Xigbar: Hell, I'm already half Xehanort.

Pinocchio: What the hell? My nose just hella grew

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm not even sure why M or AO were on the table at all?
Have you ever even played this series, Mater Sporkaderp?!

- genocide
- suicide
- Boku no Riku
- child abuse
- Goofy abuse
- creepy old man removing the shirt off a ten-year old boy
- more child abuse
- mind rape
- Pete's zipper

Even Xehanort's hand are enough to give this series an M rating!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

- genocide
- suicide
- Boku no Riku
- child abuse
- Goofy abuse
- more child abuse
- mind rape
- Pete's zipper

Holy shit.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

- genocide
- suicide
- Boku no Riku
- child abuse
- Goofy abuse
- more child abuse
- mind rape
- Pete's zipper

God dam it I lost it at the goofy abuse part, and MX´s hand`s are the stuff that nightmares are made from. 10/10 post, instant fave. :D

Caxinuld

Awards
I don't see how anyone can think Kingdom Hearts is for kids considering all the messed up stuff that happens in the games.

SoraForeverKH

Well, sounds like they stayed true to everything in the game. I do wish they hadn't put Sam Flynn in the game and given him the inappropriate line he uses in the actual film which gave the movie a PG-13 rating. WRONG! Should never have been in a KH game! They should have removed it in the HD edition. It made me mad they put it in what is supposed to be friendly for all ages game, and to this day I've never watched the old cutscene. It makes me wonder and a little afraid, will I be able to trust the future games like KH III? Don't let a lot of people down Square Enix and Disney...

Looking forward to viewing all of—or most of KH Dream Drop Distance in HD. The scenes were all so fuzzy it was hard to watch before, for me.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Well, sounds like they stayed true to everything in the game. I do wish they hadn't put Sam Flynn in the game and given him the inappropriate line he uses in the actual film which gave the movie a PG-13 rating. WRONG! Should never have been in a KH game! They should have removed it in the HD edition. It made me mad they put it in what is supposed to be friendly for all ages game, and to this day I've never watched the old cutscene. It makes me wonder and a little afraid, will I be able to trust the future games like KH III? Don't let a lot of people down Square Enix and Disney...

Looking forward to viewing all of—or most of KH Dream Drop Distance in HD. The scenes were all so fuzzy it was hard to watch before, for me.

Chill, fam, hell has been in the games since Chain of Memories

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I don't see how anyone can think Kingdom Hearts is for kids considering all the messed up stuff that happens in the games.

KH has its dark moments from time to time, but it would be silly to assume that the game isn't targeting kids to an extent. Its a bright and colorful game with Disney characters about friendship and the power of light that is rated E for everyone. It's only natural that children would be considered a part of the game's core audience even if it is or isn't the main majority.

I get not wanting any curse words and harsh language in these games, but hell is REALLY tame when compared to a majority of the other curse words that are out there.

Precursor Mar

Can't wait to see the look on your face when they eventually include Nazi Dolan.

Ducknazi.jpg

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
To me it sounds like this summary depicts some 0.2 (with the "hell" line, maybe? Though that could also be in Back Cover) and Back Cover stuff (people getting stabbed with swords), and I'm excited!

Though I'm a bit sad that this rating didn't spoil more of the game, like the FFXV one might have;)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
To me it sounds like this summary depicts some 0.2 (with the "hell" line, maybe? Though that could also be in Back Cover) and Back Cover stuff (people getting stabbed with swords), and I'm excited!
Frollo talks about hell or hellfire or something in DDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back