• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue looks like it will go PS4 Pro in December

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The Playstation 4 Pro was announced yesterday (September 7th) during a Playstation Meeting in New York. The Pro brings features an upgraded GPU that makes the Pro twice as powerful as the PS4, boosted clock rate, HDR support, 4K output for games and video streaming, and a one terabyte hard drive. Leaked documents from a few months ago (known as Playstation Neo back then) stated that games releasing after a certain date need to be PS4 Pro ready (The Verge, Eurogamer).

During the Playstation Asia Conference, the logo for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue was shown with other upcoming Playstation 4 games such as Gravity Rush 2, Watch_Dogs 2, Yakuza 6, For Honor, and more. With a December release date attached to it, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is most certainly going Pro.

I hope all of you are satisfied with today's new product announcements. With the high-end PS4 Pro and the new slimmer and lighter PS4 with a more affordable price, and PSVR providing a whole new gaming experience.

We are continuously introducing more great products into the market, and of course, we are preparing to launch a variety of Triple-A titles. The time has come - you must get it and have fun with the new PS4.

In the case of Rise of the Tomb Raider -20 Year Celebration-, three PS4Pro modes will be included in the game. The first is the game will have a 4K mode for gamers who can view content at that resolution. The second is 1080p resolution with 45+FPS while the final mode is 1080p resolution with locked 30fps and pushing every processing technique to their maximum potential.

Would you like Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue to contain multiple functions like Rise of the Tomb Raider? Or are you satisfied with a resolution increase?

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We've received a bit of backlash for this article on social media so I thought that I'd try and explain why we went ahead and published this article.

A few months ago, details about the "Playstation Neo" leaked out. One of the details was that games releasing after October 2016 needed to be "Neo ready".

At this conference, a conference that is designed to sell the PS4 Pro to the Asian market, they said the following:
I hope all of you are satisfied with today's new product announcements. With the high-end PS4 Pro and the new slimmer and lighter PS4 with a more affordable price, and PSVR providing a whole new gaming experience.

We are continuously introducing more great products into the market, and of course, we are preparing to launch a variety of Triple-A titles. The time has come - you must get it and have fun with the new PS4.

This was said while two images were shown on screen. The first was an image of the Slim, Pro, and VR, then the second image is the one above. To me, that says "Buy a PS4 Pro and you can play all of these games" which is true, it's a true statement. The PS4 and the PS4 Pro can play the exact same games.

Yesterday the PS4 Pro was officially announced and the leaked materials matched what was revealed pretty closely, imo, which gives weight to the "Every game after October needs a "Neo" mode". The games shown range from before Pro releases (2K17, Persona 5, Deus Ex) to after Pro (most of the other stuff).

Square Enix have jumped on the Pro bandwagon with three of their titles shown during the New York meeting: Deus Ex and Rise of the Tomb Raider (Eidos) and Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV is launching before KH2.8 and thus it is entirely within the realm of reason that the Pro dev kits arrived months ago for the Kingdom Hearts team to use. (in fact, Tabata was talking about FFXV running on 4K TV's since at least E3)

It stands to reason to us that with KH2.8 releasing after October that it will be shipped with full compatibility with Pro, rather than it just being the regular PS4 game.

I apologise if any of this information turns out to be incorrect but going from what we previously knew to the details announced yesterday, I feel confident that Square Enix is fully adopting Pro for all their future games.

Last edited:

WaveK89

I'm sure 2.8/FFXV will be just as glorious on the original PS4 though it's good to hear support for the Pro. Nonetheless, I have no interest in the Pro unless I can trade my current PS4 with the Pro for $100. Otherwise, I just do not see the cost advantage at this point.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Even if you catch flak chaser, i appreciate you putting in all of the work for this article and i thank you for getting it out so quickly!

Replica

I wonder how 2.8 would benefit from this. Dream Drop Distance already seemingly runs at 1080p and 60fps on the standard PS4. Would it upscale the game to 4k? Maybe 2.8 can run at 60fps now. There are a few possibilities. I just hope the standard PS4 version doesn't suffer in any way.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From the videos at E3, 0.2 can definitely stand to be at a locked 30fps. There were some very noticeable frame rate dips in the videos shown off but they would have had these last few months to work those out. They might be able to have options though, like Tomb Raider, where they can have 1080p, locked 30fps, and maximum effects and particles on screen or to have less effects and particles and 4K resolution

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Why did people come after you on social media?

of course there's gonna be a Pro mode, there has to be one for every title going forward.

Kounelli

Awards
I like it when things have options so that way if I give up and upgrade all of my stuff to 4K I won't have to worry about buying a new copy! :D

The difference between the HD's isn't too bad, so even if an option isn't available it's not like the jump between SD and HD so it should still work.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I find it so interesting that the Sega Sammy games are the only titles that are playable for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 Pro (Yakuza 0 and Persona 5).

As far as Kingdom Hearts 2.8 goes, X Back Cover in 4K is really gonig to give that movie a very cinematic cutscene appeal. But now that begs the question, if a hypothetical 1.5 and 2.5 were to be made in the future, they'd have to have 4K upscaling for both those titles. I wonder how that would play out with games running on a PS2 Engine...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why did people come after you on social media?

of course there's gonna be a Pro mode, there has to be one for every title going forward.

"Because that slide during the event didn't represent pro. They were just PS4 games coming out."

Which is kind of silly because they showed the list while trying to sell the Pro to their audience.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Interesting. So this means that KH3 will come out for the Pro, too. Although upgrading to the Pro sounds interesting, I don't have a 4k TV in order to take advantage of its full capabilities, so I'll sit on this mid-gen jump.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd only consider upgrading to Pro if they like released a Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy VII themed PS4Pro. Other than that, I'm curious how the graphics of 2.8 will look if it does go Pro.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd only consider upgrading to Pro if they like released a Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy VII themed PS4Pro. Other than that, I'm curious how the graphics of 2.8 will look if it does go Pro.

Not before they give us a definite ReMix bundle... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back