• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue English TGS Trailer & Release Date!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zul

Awards
That looked like she was giving up until Mickey found her, which is odd because I thought she overcame that kind of despair in the BBS ending(the scene with the Darksides being destroyed by Terra and Ven's keyblades).

They fixed the plastic skin issue well enough imo.

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
It was beautiful. Everything looks so pretty and the colors were amazing. January can't come fast enough.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
The hooded figures in KHX have completely different voices than what I was imagining 0_0
Me too, I expected them to be a bit more ominious, but they actually sound really young. Like, mid-twenties. And if most of the Foretellers are younger then that, it makes them teens/young-adults 0_o I expected them to be a bit older...

Master of Masters and Luxu have the most calm voices... It's a shame what's to become of them
But we don't know yet what becomes of them. Unless you mean the whole evil thing and starting a Keyblade War.
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT IM SITTING IN SCHOOL AND ALMOST DYING I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IM MOST HYPED FOR BUT LOL @ DAT VENITAS TERRANORT SCENE AYYLMAO.
Also lol at "I want the THREE of us [...]" c'mon nomura.
Yeah, that scene was the best scene.
Anyone else notice the lucky charms of Ven and Terra circle around the Room Where Nothing Gathers (Room with all the Organization seats) once they start to trail with smoke? Right before showing Terranort and Venitas? I guess another 2 members of the true organisation confirmed?
O yes, someone else pointed it out in one of the other threads. I think it was in the leaked trailer thread.
I kinda think that that scene is an illusion Aqua is experiencing based on her greatest fears or something, contrary to the Terra-illusion she's having in front of the castle.
So, it is confirmed that Ventus and Terra are illusions? Or is it a popular and the most logical fan theory?
That looked like she was giving up until Mickey found her, which is odd because I thought she overcame that kind of despair in the BBS ending(the scene with the Darksides being destroyed by Terra and Ven's keyblades).
She did, but then she spent 10 years alone in the RoD. Kinda brought down her mood.
No no, not that one. The line she says after Mickey saves her.

I hear "Okay Ven" or "Okay then".
She says "Okay then".

The mirror says "Only your Heart is hollow enough to be a demons". Basically saying that Aqua is a demon (like a really bad person), or she is possessed by a demon (a Heartless most likely). But I don't think this serie does stuff with Heartless possessing humans, so it's probably metaphorical, meaning she is a bad person. Atleast, that's what I heared.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
No no, not that one. The line she says after Mickey saves her.

I hear "Okay Ven" or "Okay then".
After a few listens I started hearing "OK Ven" as well, it certainly lends to a different read of that scene.
Pretty sure it's just, "OK then," with the assumption that they merely substituted the original Japanese line with filler to match timing. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well out of context (or I guess within the context of the trailer and how it was edited). "Kore wa...?!" at least gives you the sense that what Aqua is seeing is meant to be alarming and worth wondering about.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Man, I love the potential symbolism at the beginning of the trailer. In the first KH opening, a wave in the ocean swallowed Riku which foreshadowing his future struggles with it. Sora tried to reach to him. Now, with the 0.2 opening, Aqua seems to be at the bottom of the ocean(or at least under huge amounts of water), indicating that she is now trapped at the Realm of Darkness. Then little Sora looks down and reaches into the water as the sun is shining bright in the sky, and a pillar of light shines down to Aqua, probably connecting to the fact that Sora is said to save them all.

Last edited:

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Let's also think about the fact that the CGI sequence we are seeing is most likely the opening, and just like most KH games it involves a "Dive to the Heart", so why is Aqua heading towards Sora's stained glass? :)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
So the western release date is apparently 12 days later than the Japanese one... 12 days of avoiding spoilers is going to be tough if that's true.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Let's also think about the fact that the CGI sequence we are seeing is most likely the opening, and just like most KH games it involves a "Dive to the Heart", so why is Aqua heading towards Sora's stained glass? :)

Aah, so it indeed was Sora´s Heart Station Aqua was heading to. Interesting.
Also, I love the fact that after the light touches her Wayfinder, she holds it tight to her chest and then falls pretty peacefully. I think there was no fear or anything like that on her face, but instead Aqua was pretty calm.
tumblr_odfrgbbmWS1umnz98o2_250.gif

It`s pretty much the opposite when Sora falls down in the KH1 opening, where desperately tries to grab something and has a shocked expression on his face, since he is heading towards the unknown.
Sora%20falling.png

Muke

whatever
Awards
I still have to wait half an hour until I can watch the Trailer and make a new Avatar + Sig

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Anyway, this trailer is amazing. The leaked one was cool, but this extended one in HD is just beautiful. The new remix is nice too, altough I think I like the original better.

So at 0:30, is she striking the clock mechanisms? Trying to stop the clock from turning and destroying the world?
Also holy shit, that grass looks so real. That scene was beautiful. Graphics, Terra and Ventus, to Venitas and Terranort. Easily my favorite part of this trailer.
1:10, Ventus sleeping in a glass case *theory that Ventus wandered into the RoS while sleeping intensifies*. It reminds me of the case Snow White was sleeping in.
That mirror, is it the same mirror from Dwarf Woodlands? It seems to be the same type of "Dimension". Guess the Evil Queen threw some more potions at it.
1:41, woah, this that looks beatiful. But wich world is that? It has pillars, so it made me think of Olympus Coliseum, but that one didn't fall into Darkness. We already have Castle of Dreams, and maybe Dwarf Woodlands, what if this is the Enchanted Dominion? And those pillars could be from the castle. Also explains why Malificent was so happy to see the castle in the the Chi Secret episode, and also explains why she moved to Radiant Garden. Her world got swallowed by Darkness and even she couldn't reach it. But that's just a thought. Did they ever explain why she moved to Radiant Garden though?
1:52, hey look, treasure chests! But this game is only 1 world long. I wonder if we can transfer our loot to DDD.
Hmm... it looks like Mickey is wearing his CoM gear, guess this means he met Aqua after he obtained the Kingdom D Keyblade. Also explains why he was not with Riku from the start in CO. I wonder why she didn't go with Mickey. She could reunite with Ventus after all. Kick everyone out of her castle and restore the LoD and then start properly training Sora and Riku. Damn, what I would give to see that happening.
2:24, looks like the Darksides learned a new trick. What I like most about that scene though, is that Aqua faces them with total confidence and hope. Knowing she will survive it.

Also 0:35, nice to see the "Players" fighting a Raidboss. It's nice to see Back Cover will not entirely focus on the Foretellers, but also give some screen time to the "Players".
Also, that chair Luxu stands before at 0:35, are those the symbols of Daybreak Town? Like the LoD symbol.
And Chirithy is sooo cute! And he is still in his test tube, hopefully this means we will see how Chirithies are made.
0:37, Invi without a mask or scarf covering her mouth. She looks normal. So I guess this means it was for cosmetic purposes all along.
1:25, hmm... if they really want to make an X-Blade, he is either luring him in, or he doesn't know he needs 7 Lights. What if the main goal never was the X-Blade, but it just got created by accident during the clash?
1:31, an alliance huh? Aced, Ava and... Invi or Ira. I think Ira. But why would alliances be forbidden? They share the same goal, so wouldn't it be better if they worked together to reach that goal? Who makes these rules?
Also, MoM with the original Book of Prophecies. If he and it are still in Daybreak Town, maybe that's how Gula found the Lost Page.
2:10, d'awwww Luxu is actually concered about his friends. He sounds alot different in the fight with Ava (looking at his text). So maybe this is a flash back during Back Cover? Explains why they sound so young. I mean, who knows how long the Unions have been fighting over the Light. It could have been a decade or more, they wear masks, we don't know how old they are.

But damn, this is beautiful.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
uK6HYK5.jpg

Thornes? Castle? I wonder if this enchanted dominion could belong to...?

I'm of the opinion that the conversation between MoM and Luxu runs deeper than what appears on the surface. Wouldn't surprise me if MoM is preparing Luxu to get the Xehanort plan started. After all, Aced knows about 7 who can save the world. Surely Luxu knows about the 13 who can destroy it.

Muke

whatever
Awards
About the Mirror Scene I have read.

Could it not be how Aqua thinks of herself "deep down"?
She sees herself as a demon because she left her friends behind.
But she also thinks that her heart is strong enough to prevent being corrupted by darkness like Terra's was. (she thinks it was, doesnt she?)

I can't really word it in English ahah

ooor it's just the typical 'mirror illusion tries to confuse the person'

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Anyone else notice the lucky charms of Ven and Terra circle around the Room Where Nothing Gathers (Room with all the Organization seats) once they start to trail with smoke? Right before showing Terranort and Venitas? I guess another 2 members of the true organisation confirmed?
Those were both theorized to be members of Org XIII way back by a lot of members.

Nomura isn't always the sneakiest so it's really not farfetched at all to imagine that was a significant hint.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I'm just gonna go ahead and say that the MoM's character and mannerisms sort of remind me of Xigbar/Braig. In every context it seems incredibly unlikely, but I'm just pointing out what vibes I'm getting.

Not to mention that his Japanese voice actor usually plays very serious, but relaxed and clowny characters (Gintama).

Those were both theorized to be members of Org XIII way back by a lot of members.

Nomura isn't always the sneakiest so it's really not farfetched at all to imagine that was a significant hint.

I theorised the exact same, I'm just simply pointing out that he might actually be confirming it with that scene.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Not bothered about the release date, since Amazon had it listed at December 31st anyway, so not much difference. That does, however, imply to me we won't get III in 2017. Hmm.

Anyway, glorious trailer. Good call using a new remix of Simple and Clean, really makes the game stand out as a new entity than if they'd used the older remixes. Cool shot of the Darksides at the end and damn that Mickey scene had me emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back