• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue English Final Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
What do you all think of the scene with where Aced looks like he's on his knees and Ira is crouched in front of him? Do you think this occurs after Aced's confrontation with Invi, Ava, and Gula?
(I can't post any screenshots at the moment :/)
I don't have a clue, everything's all over the place. But it definitely seems like Ira is trying to support him

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Maybe Ira consults the MoM the morning after this scene because he wants the beginning "war" between the foretellers to stop after observing the fight between those four and talking to Aced afterwards?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Maybe Ira consults the MoM the morning after this scene because he wants the beginning "war" between the foretellers to stop after observing the fight between those four and talking to Aced afterwards?
You deduced that very well!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Clothing textures = Missing
Shading = Majorly off. Look at the part where the sleeves of his shirt meet his arm- where are the shadows that give the sleeves their depth? It looks like a poor paste job on MS Paint :/
Lighting = Either this is an old trailer....or those new lighting artists need to be replaced.

a727461236.png

To illustrate my point about the shadows. It is shameful to see this kind of choppy modeling in this day and age to be honest.

Moreover, the rest of his colors are flat. There are very minute details that can be added with proper lighting and shadows, and also texturing, all of which is missing from this model. The flat grey color doesn't do it any favours imo.

His shoulder pad is also something straight out of a Happy Meal.

By comparison, they should look something closer to this.

jG7pwVk.png
bYbbYle.png

dHpRLLG.png

Metal, leather, SLEEVES (apparently his shirt is glued-on).

You're comparing Sora on an island in bright daylight vs Sora in a dark chamber at night
That's not how it works

Is this how it works then?

071018125741_5.jpg
Dcq.png
3831544_orig.jpg

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Initially, I thought it was a lightning issue. But presently, it looks like they're having texture issues. I find it weird that they're being VERY detailed in the CGI opening, but not so in-game.

TheDemonCT

MoM - "May our hearts be your guiding key."

Mickey - "May our hearts be our guiding key."

literally was said 10 seconds from each other lol.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
For whatever reason, I'm not finding Terra's shading to be odd. (textures aside). Why is there no shadow by his sleeves? Because his entire sure is just spandex. It's always been tight on his skin. Even in the CG opening there, you can see it's not just a regular shirt like Sora or Ven's.

As for the textures, either they're missing OR the lighting in this musty scene does them bad justice. I'm almost certain everything in these scenes have texture, they just aren't as pronounced as the openings. Take for example, Aqua's sleeves or Mickey's gloves that 100% have textures on them, but in some lighting they look bad or non-existent.

The CG cutscenes have more dynamic lighting, a look it seems they weren't able to replicate in game. (The people who make the opening and the people who make the game aren't really the same team, correct?)

Charlie K

Back in Business
Did anyone else notice the pause/status menu? It was briefly shown after the character customization clip they showed. A few interesting things about the menu. (I'll edit in a screenshot later).

- bottom left corner displays play time, and difficulty. (And not munny)
- Aqua was at level 57 (not sure if that's a place holder, but I can only assume this means level 99 will be obtainable)
- top right corner displayed location - I think it was "A Dark World", or just "Dark World"
- then of course you've got the basics, such as config, customization, story (instead of journal?)

Just thought the menu looked nice, and had some nice little tid bits of information. Admittedly, I do have some regrets watching this trailer, as it did feel very full of spoilers. But my excitement is at an all time high. I personally don't care for the character customization, but it still an interesting idea for Kingdom Hearts, the rest of the trailer, including Back Cover looks really good, and intriguing.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh man
About the x-super case.

Superbia might be the name of the Master of Masters...!
(I should probably clarify that my excitment is supposed to be a joke since that was a given anyway xD)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Surely it would be a waste to put "Objectives" in the main menu if there went any collectibles or side quests right? I know it's a solo journey and she won't meet anyone but there could be a few side quests like finding documents and stuff. Having an "Objectives" menu would be such a waste if it just kept track of the story missions.

Forsaken Shadow

For whatever reason, I'm not finding Terra's shading to be odd. (textures aside). Why is there no shadow by his sleeves? Because his entire sure is just spandex. It's always been tight on his skin. Even in the CG opening there, you can see it's not just a regular shirt like Sora or Ven's.

As for the textures, either they're missing OR the lighting in this musty scene does them bad justice. I'm almost certain everything in these scenes have texture, they just aren't as pronounced as the openings. Take for example, Aqua's sleeves or Mickey's gloves that 100% have textures on them, but in some lighting they look bad or non-existent.

The CG cutscenes have more dynamic lighting, a look it seems they weren't able to replicate in game. (The people who make the opening and the people who make the game aren't really the same team, correct?)

Look at the spandex in the CG cutscene though. Every kind of material, as tight as it may be on your skin, does not lie completely flat, it will always be slightly raised. The CG opening pronounces this effect much more than the in-game cutscene.

More about textures, even his suspender/strap things are missing the leather texture. The shoulder armor - where is the rusted metal? Could this be an incomplete model?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i have two ideas for sora secret

one is that he saved aqua and know where is she right now

the other has something to do with dream eaters

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
His secret is probably a teaser for the tutorial for KH3.

As if we need a hook to buy that game though lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Time for some more screenshots and observations:

2929nb6.jpg

The MoM poking that glass sphere and Chirithy jumping inside it was somehow totally cute, wasn't it?
It also doesn't have its cape and purse yet.

This scene obviously shows the point when the "Lost Page" was ripped out of the Book of Prophecies, and from the view it is not the last page that was removed but something from around the middle.
2qwzsi0.jpg

Of course there's also still the question if it is the MoM removing the page or Luxu.
Secondly, in a small throwback to Master Spockanort's "Hourglass" contemplations about the six colored background assets in the Young Xehanort battle in DDD at the sanctum of time, take a look at the six test tubes behind the hand ripping out the lost page.
Not only are there exactly six just like the hourglasses, the colors also match with orange (gluttony), blue (either lust or sloth), green (envy), red (wrath), yellow (greed) and violet (pride) all being present, the seventh missing color (light blue or cyan, representing either lust or sloth) is also the same as the one missing among the hourglasses!

Muke

whatever
Awards
The real question is: why is the page not double printed??

Jokes aside: Nice observation!!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
muke nice christmas hat on aqua anyway master spockanort what do you mean that Chirithy shows sora Back Cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back