• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Demo at New York Comic Con 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
It's nice to see that they seem to be finally listening to fans. Several games have done that lately, and it's a trend I hope continues.

Even DDDHD looks good and it might actually get me to seriously play it again.

I'm honestly almost as excited for DDD HD as I am for the new stuff. I loved DDD, but I prefer to play games on a console over a handheld when I have the opportunity. I love that bigger screen where I can really experience everything in detail. DDD is so smooth and fun to play, and playing through it again for someone like me, who was already a fan of the original version, is going to be such a treat.

Pandymint

Awards
I'm honestly almost as excited for DDD HD as I am for the new stuff. I loved DDD, but I prefer to play games on a console over a handheld when I have the opportunity. I love that bigger screen where I can really experience everything in detail. DDD is so smooth and fun to play, and playing through it again for someone like me, who was already a fan of the original version, is going to be such a treat.

Being on a console will definitely be a bigger incentive for me to really play. It felt fine on 3DS, but it still didn't quite feel the best it could...

Maybe I can even get passd how annoying deck commands are with DDDHD. Plus I can experience the music again, cause it did have some fantasti music.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Being on a console will definitely be a bigger incentive for me to really play. It felt fine on 3DS, but it still didn't quite feel the best it could...

Maybe I can even get passd how annoying deck commands are with DDDHD. Plus I can experience the music again, cause it did have some fantasti music.

Oh man, the music in DDD is so fantastic. It's some of my favorite, especially in the Symphony of Sorcery world. I've really been focusing on what they've shown us with 0.2 so far, but I really want to pay attention to some of the stuff that'll be present at New York Comic Con.

Pandymint

Awards
I wish I actually lived close enough to places to experience these things. I wonder id any new information might get shown at NYCC.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I wish I actually lived close enough to places to experience these things. I wonder id any new information might get shown at NYCC.

Same as well. The Comic Con that comes to my state is a bit of a smaller one, so we rarely get stuff like this. Don't get me wrong, I'm still super happy for people that get to go and experience all of this stuff when it comes near them. I've always wondered what that in person experience at these bigger trade shows is like. I always keep up with them on social media and whatnot, but it's of course such a different experience to be there.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I really wanna see this button. I love Disney related buttons and pins, so I might actually try to buy one on eBay if I like it enough (assuming someone isn't charging, ya know, $50 for it like a lot of eBay re-sellers tend to do).

Given they specifically used the word 'button' I expect the product to be more simple, like an actual Disney button vs. a Disney pin.

Button:
bc7285fc9113b6d36a4ce551eebafe47.jpg

Pin:
fetch

Pins are much nicer and more detailed, so I don't see them giving out a free pin.

That being said, I will be at NYCC, and I don't have much business being there (fortunate to be attending as press) outside of a few panels and Square Enix. So I'll probably replay that demo endless amounts of times and amass buttons...so many buttons. Will report back with my findings since, if I'm successful, I don't need all those buttons <_<

Xagzan

Awards
Oh man, the music in DDD is so fantastic. It's some of my favorite, especially in the Symphony of Sorcery world. I've really been focusing on what they've shown us with 0.2 so far, but I really want to pay attention to some of the stuff that'll be present at New York Comic Con.

Since they first announced 2.8, and really since we got the first HD remix, I've been eagerly anticipating playing Symphony of Sorcery on a full TV screen and hearing that music come out of actual speakers. After .2, it's probably what I'm looking forward to most.

Now if only I could figure out how to get this surround sound working...

Sdog

Awards
Don't know why it took me so long to notice this post! :p

I'll be at NYCC and will definitely try to play this and write up my thoughts!

Sdog

Awards
Sorry for the double post. Didn't get to play 2.8 as the line was a 3-4 hour wait and I really wanted to check out other stuff.

I did get to meet Quinton Flynn though! Awesome guy to talk to. Made it very easy with all the fanboying flowing out of me. Apparently he hadn't recorded for KH3 yet from what he was telling me but who knows :p.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Here's the KH2.8 button given out for playing the demo (which was ONLY 0.2, no 3D demo):

475x634.jpeg.efabcd79540f41ea9ff8332673de9c79.large

As Sdog said, the line for KH2.8 was incredibly long (1.5+ hrs minimum, 4+ hrs maximum), only 4 stations, and after playing it only once, worth every moment. After all these years at various conventions, I've established some friendly connections with the SE staff, and some interesting (not secretive) tidbits:

- These KH2.8 button designs were incredibly hard to get approved by Disney.
- Disney is very strict on the merchandise of all characters (not just the Disney originals).
- Disney ultimately decided on the design for the KH2.8 pre-order pin (of Sora and Mickey).
- Disney is very fond of Sora and Mickey, to no one's surprise.

All in all, for those of us clamoring for more Aqua merchandise, SE is well aware, but until Disney approves more Aqua, SE can only keep insisting on our behalf. When discussing the possibility of a potential Aqua PAK with the SENA Merchandise Coordinator, she could only say "Please be excited."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back