• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue announced

Still not enough time to make it into full game. And they also have DDDHD and the Chi movie to work on, I'd say their plate's pretty full.

Again, they've been working on the entire thing for almost a year prior to this reveal. Not like they're just starting now. They have plenty of time.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I hope we get the dystopic Castle of Dreams setting. I always found that image striking for some reason.
I hope the same.

I would be so disappointed if that were omitted.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Question: is the traitor mentioned the 6th forteller or someone else?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

was aqua hair color always that light blue?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

was aqua hair color always that light blue?

I thought that too, so it was closer to this color in the original BBS. But they made a point of darkening it in the HD version so idk haha.

0701Noctis

I know that this is kinda late (had morning class), but yeah! Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 (or 0.2) lives. I'm going to buy this collection for that and the KH X movie.

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I know people who have not played the KH-games yet, but want to get into this series if the games were available in one package. But now, with this announcement, they're so confused. They have no idea what they're getting in "KINGDOM HEARTS HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue". Can't blame them lol

These weird names are making people who want to get into the series give up on it lol. No bueno, Square.

As for me personally: 2016 just got even more expensive. Can't wait to play BBS V2

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

No, and her skin wasn't always that pink. It's the lighting of the Realm of Darkness.

Is it? It looked to me as if they ran her model through the unreal engine 4. What other reason would they not show us her face since we know who she is. I expect her whole episode to be the demo for what kh3 Will be like in our hands

hlc1988

Awards

Oh my goodness.

YES!!! I finally get to play DDD!!! Getting a PS4 later this year so I will be all set for next year!

And a new episode to play that leads into KH3? Oh yes!! I wonder if this will show any of Mickey and Riku's time in the Realm of Darkness at all? Or if it will focus solely on Aqua?

Hmm... I wonder when in 2016 this will be released... I hope its not the end of the year...

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i think likey fall or winter depend how long is 0.2 becuase the other stuff is just a ported game and cutscens movie right?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

I know people who have not played the KH-games yet, but want to get into this series if the games were available in one package. But now, with this announcement, they're so confused. They have no idea what they're getting in "KINGDOM HEARTS HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue". Can't blame them lol

These weird names are making people who want to get into the series give up on it lol. No bueno, Square.

As for me personally: 2016 just got even more expensive. Can't wait to play BBS V2

their has been some negative response
0.2 better deliver
http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/09/15/everyone-is-done-with-kingdom-hearts-weird-titles/

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Hmm, the title is kinda weird I have to agree, but I don`t see why people have made this as some sort of problem. The sun will probably rise tomorrow, people are gonna die some day, and KH games keep having weird names.
If people are confused what the titles mean, they should just read the info that is provided in news articles. And one can deduce that 1.5 could be the first thing to play, then 2.5, then 2.8 and finally KHIII.

I don`really have a problem with the naming.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

It's bad these stupid names are hurting the series. No title should do that lol

And it's not like these names are necessary. "Kingdom Hearts 3: Prologue" instead of "0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage" would've been perfectly fine, for example.

Hmm, the title is kinda weird I have to agree, but I don`t see why people have made this as some sort of problem. The sun will probably rise tomorrow, people are gonna die some day, and KH games keep having weird names.
If people are confused what the titles mean, they should just read the info that is provided in news articles. And one can deduce that 1.5 could be the first thing to play, then 2.5, then 2.8 and finally KHIII.

You have to imagine these people are not into the series as much as we are. Like, they don't read all the interviews, they're not up to date with the story etc. and then they get the chance to do so, but they have no idea what in the world they're getting in the compilations (and are also spread out on two consoles).

They're like "If the titles are this hard to understand, what's the story gonna be like? Is it really as convoluted as I've heard?... Maybe I'll just pass on this." and no one can really blame them. It's getting ridiculous lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

in my opion people dont like those names becuase they like to be side games and focus on the main games

Anagram

Banned

I've found names stupid for games now but I see the console spread which these compilations were supposed to fix a problem. Now you have 1, CoM, Days, 2, BBS, Coded on PS3. BBSv2 and DDD on Ps4. Chi apparently on ps4 (movie) and phone and Kh3 on ps4.
Remixes were supposed to close the gap. All it's done is reduce the gap to two consoles.

in my opion people dont like those names becuase they like to be side games and focus on the main games

Don't turn it into that extremely old, tired and stupid debate.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I am excited about 0.2 and the trailer of it was nice. However, it kind of sucks its only on the PS4, which kind of feels like an ominous sign for future games on certain consoles again. I do think its good all around for those who are new to the series and haven't played the series before, but it feels like wasted money for those of us who eventually caved in and bought DDD for the 3DS, or those who invested the money to play KH [Chi] on the phone. I know Unchained x [Chi] is new, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was also playable on the phone or happens to be on the phone already. Just seems like a way to make more money and keep us waiting for KH3. I guess I'm more pessimistic about this than I thought I'd be.

I think people are making a bigger deal out of the title than it needs to be. It's just a title. The content of the game is more important in my eyes.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I think people are making a bigger deal out of the title than it needs to be. It's just a title. The content of the game is more important in my eyes.

Again, though, for people who want to get into the series, aka the people the remasters are pretty much catered to, this isn't inviting at all. I'm all for original and creative titles, but there are boundaries to that lol

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

2.8 is a fine title. not sure what the fuss is about. Personally I consider 358 2 Days the worst title in the franchise

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's a shit name but people should now KH has weird naming conventions by this point. It shouldn't even be a surprise to non-fans, anyways. If somebody is put-off by the name, they probably weren't very interested in checking it out to begin with to be quite honest.

I am excited about 0.2 and the trailer of it was nice. However, it kind of sucks its only on the PS4, which kind of feels like an ominous sign for future games on certain consoles again. I do think its good all around for those who are new to the series and haven't played the series before, but it feels like wasted money for those of us who eventually caved in and bought DDD for the 3DS, or those who invested the money to play KH [Chi] on the phone. I know Unchained x [Chi] is new, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was also playable on the phone or happens to be on the phone already. Just seems like a way to make more money and keep us waiting for KH3. I guess I'm more pessimistic about this than I thought I'd be.

You don't have to put any money into chi. I've been playing and haven't spent a dime.

Unchained X is the phone game version of chi xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back