• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue announced

*breathes* Chirithy in HD. THE FORETELLERS IN HD. AH. EPHEMERA IN HD I AM NOT READY.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I hope it comes with a KH themed PS4... otherwise, I will just buy the KH themed PS4 when KH3 comes out.

Morgenstern

Awards

What for a question?

DDD HD and BBS 0.2 are the playable titles and x[chi] Back Cover is the cutscene movie.

The question on how they are make DDD playable on the PS4 (though the touch thing on the dualshocks helps) the DS entries that had been remade of the ones that are the movies, and I think the touvhscreen features are part of the reason that is the case, (Then again DDD only had a Map for the bottom screen IIRC so it might be easier than the other two)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

Hopefully this is fun. Looks nice at least.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking as well. Although Aqua might be the only playable character, I bet there will be quite some more characters involved even when it is only for cutscenes, and all those models can be easily taken over into KH III.
If they create the new x[chi] "movie" also with the new engine, they also have the new characters from there already covered in terms of models.

This just reminds me...the x[chi] movie might be the first time we will see the beauty that is Daybreak Town in polished 3D. ^__^

Edit:
Heh Taochan, you need some calmative or is everything alright, rofl?

Seeing that new model of Aqua again though y'know what bothers me a little?
They didn't show her face...
Everything is fine now that my dreams have come true.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The question on how they are make DDD playable on the PS4 (though the touch thing on the dualshocks helps) the DS entries that had been remade of the ones that are the movies, and I think the touvhscreen features are part of the reason that is the case, (Then again DDD only had a Map for the bottom screen IIRC so it might be easier than the other two)

DDD is a generation newer than Days and Re: Coded though as those were for the normal old DS. In terms of assets and quality, DDD is more on par with BBS than with Days and Coded.
Days and Coded both had close to no use to the second screen unlike DDD, the reason they weren't remade as full games is because that would have taken more than a year which is not something both Nomura/Square and Disney were willing to afford for that. They need the time for both x[chi] and KH III itself.
Days and Coded would have been needed to be completely remade (and thus a remake instead of an remaster) as their existing assets were simply too old/too bad to be simply remastered for the PS3.

DDD is different due to it being more close to BBS quality-wise and needing less time to be made acceptable for home console use.

Everything is fine now that my dreams have come true.

That's good to hear.
Just don't overdo it with the excitement so that you faint, k?
;P

sdr08

I'm pleased about this, especially for 0.2. I guess we may be getting KH3 in March 2017 for the 15th anniversary. it makes sense if you think about it

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Ooh, just the idea of using flowmotion on the huge areas of KH3D on a big screen makes me so happy. And to use headphones with my PS4 controller to enjoy the soundtrack(all thou I could also do that with the 3DS). Will they remaster any of the songs? I think there is no need to, the tracks are fine as they are. Maybe there might be new tracks on BBS 0.2?
New Aqua art done by Nomura in the cover art?

Get my munny Sqaure Enix!
tumblr_m3l45eMecN1qko4x4o1_250.gif

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Taochan's excitement makes me happy ^_^ It's always great when someone's patience is rewarded. Literally the first thought that went through my mind when the BBS 0.2 thing popped up on screen was "THE MODS ON KHI ARE GOING TO LOSE IT".

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

This just reminds me...the x[chi] movie might be the first time we will see the beauty that is Daybreak Town in polished 3D. ^__^
giphy.gif

Seeing that new model of Aqua again though y'know what bothers me a little?
They didn't show her face...
Maybe she has a mustache.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

The unchained movie sounds interesting. Maybe I should finally play KH chi. Symphony of Sorcerey is going to look gorgeous with the PS4 graphics :)

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Oh god guys....I'm just so hyped to have an other collection on the ps4. I think DDD was cool with a huge story, but I couldn't enjoy it that much on the 3DS, so I'm really really happy to play it on the ps4. Don't even talk about 0,2. Bae in a new game in the realm of darkness as prologue for the game I'm waiting for since 10 years. PLEASE RELEASE IT IN SPRING!

I've been moving away from hand held (I like my bigger Tv screen) and I think that's why I didn't finish DDD. I want it spring as well, and I bet that's actually when we'll get it so that they can spend their time in the summer showing us more about 3 and pushing FFXV. That's my two cents, anyway.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

giphy.gif

Maybe she has a mustache.

Yep, fitting reaction.
Now for something possibly terrifying: Imagine some of the Pureblood Heartless like Neoshadows, Darkballs, Darksides or Invisibles in the new graphic style.

Lol, a mustache of Darkness perhaps...
On a serious note, I'm mainly interested to get a good view on the eyes of the new models.
Even in the old graphic style of KH 2/BBS/DDD, both the male and female characters always had really gorgeous and shiny eyes, a small glimpse of which we already got with Xehanort and Young Eraqus during the chess match trailer.

Kaijuguy19

This is such wonderful news!! :D The fact that we're actually getting BBS V2 along with DDD and Chi makes this news even more awesome! Guess it's time to save up for a PS4 in the future.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh heck yeah, the Heartless will be really scary. What if they have sections that are similar to the Final Ansem fight, where there are areas that are completely dark, and you can only see the Heartless location because of their yellow glowing eyes? I gonna have nightmares. :(

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

So, you guys think they'll talk more about it at TGS itself? Or you think they're going to use up some of the D23 time for this?

Muke

whatever
Awards

AQUA + HEARTLESS IN KH III GRAPHICS
I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY HOUSE
NEVER EVER
OH MY GOD
WHAT THE

HSAIHAHA I AM SO EXCITED DD:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

I still can't believe that something that people were saying to "let go already" a week ago is now a true reality. Packaged with DDD HD as well. AND Chi. AirbagVII predicted EVERYTHING. It's Christmas come early.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

Wow...They really are gearing us up for KHIII, huh? Hopefully 1.5 and 2.5 will find their way onto the PS4 somehow so it really can be "The whole series on one system" like Nomura wanted IIRC. I was a little worried about how they'd translate a 3DS game to the PS4, but I remembered the PS4 Controller has that touchpad, so they can make it work. X Back Cover and 0.2 are the biggest bits though. Aqua looks amazing in KHIII graphics, and we finally get to learn more about her time in the RoD beyond BBSFM. Then there's Back Cover, which is drawing KHX more fully into the main plot. One of the Foretellers is a traitor, and while we've known that for a while it's still gonna be exciting to learn more. Everything connects to KHIII, and hopefully this collection will address the remaining Plot Holes in the series. So. Much. HYPE!!!!

Smithee

Awards

My hope is that this at least somewhat redeems the original DDD's shark-jumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back