• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue announced

0.2 + 2.8 = 3 ? Can't wait, its nearing upon us.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Sorry, Xbone users. You picked the wrong console :p So many new announcements by Square Enix for PS4/Vita today!

KH logos always lookin' gooooooooood

They look as good as the titles themselves look utterly stupid lol!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That would work really well, as long as we get to see at least one world fall to the darkness I'm completely fine with it.

It would certainly save them development time as it is surely easier to make some more cutscenes instead of creating several different playable characters and scenarios.

I'm preety sure Back Cover is for chi what the Days and Coded were...thoughtit begs the question how they are to handle DDD

What for a question?

DDD HD and BBS 0.2 are the playable titles and x[chi] Back Cover is the cutscene movie.
The setup is exactly like with the other two HD Remaster packages, the only differences being that a) x[chi] and BBS 0.2 are new entries to the series and b) that it is for PS4 instead of PS3 which is because the PS3 cannot handle the new engine and graphics used for BBS 0.2, which will be like a first sneak peak on what KH III will look like.

It's even possible that the x[chi] "movie" will also be done in the new engine, meaning the Foretellers, Chirithy and Ephemera might have their first 3D-model debut already in the new graphic style.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Yusssss!!!! What a time to be alive. DDD HS is real, X looks really great, and BBS 0.2... My god this feels awesome. Hashimoto delivered again.
Oh Nomura you sly fox. :D

Venx

Oh god guys....I'm just so hyped to have an other collection on the ps4. I think DDD was cool with a huge story, but I couldn't enjoy it that much on the 3DS, so I'm really really happy to play it on the ps4. Don't even talk about 0,2. Bae in a new game in the realm of darkness as prologue for the game I'm waiting for since 10 years. PLEASE RELEASE IT IN SPRING!

Rosebudx

Awards

No. Seriously?! I saw this on Facebook and thought this was all just a rumor!!!

:O

I admit, I am disappointed that this is only coming out for the PS4, as my grad school circumstances will probably not let me get one for a little while longer. But, if it comes out Q3 or Q4...Happy Graduation to Meeeeeeee!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Like this is insane. I never thought that this was gonna happen. Well okay, DDD HD we had some idea about, but BBS Volume II... And FFXV will have it`s ATR later this week. My god this week is gonna be great.

The BBS 0.2 footage looked really early thou. How on earth they are gonna manage to make it? When did they even start making this game?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No. Seriously?! I saw this on Facebook and thought this was all just a rumor!!!

:O

I admit, I am disappointed that this is only coming out for the PS4, as my grad school circumstances will probably not let me get one for a little while longer. But, if it comes out Q3 or Q4...Happy Graduation to Meeeeeeee!

Send out graduation announcements saying you need money. Use money to buy PS4. Profit~

Like this is insane. I never thought that this was gonna happen. Well okay, DDD HD we had some idea about, but BBS Volume II... And FFXV will have it`s ATR later this week. My god this week is gonna be great.

The BBS 0.2 footage looked really early thou. How on earth they are gonna manage to make it? When did they even start making this game?

Early? It looks much more polished than anything we've seen of KH3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's the same engine as KH III uses for sure, so it can be easily made alongside KH III-development.

The new character models, possible environments and other assets are probably needed for KH III anyways so they decided to kill two birds with one stone to finally tell the story behind "A fragmentary passage" and to provide some sort of inofficial KH III demo by making BBS 0.2 on the same system.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's the same engine as KH III uses for sure, so it can be easily made alongside KH III-development.

The new character models, possible environments and other assets are probably needed for KH III anyways so they decided to kill two birds with one stone to finally tell the story behind "A fragmentary passage" and to provide some sort of inofficial KH III demo by making BBS 0.2 on the same system.
Pretty much. Aqua is in KH3, we'll no doubt be going into the Realm of Sleep, gameplay will be similar because under all the fancy words Square uses this is still a demo for KH3.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

tumblr_lz3u9azh5h1rn95k2o1_250.gif

Good to finally see ya, BBSV2. We never gave up on you. *hugs everybody*

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh yes, of curse. It makes sense. Since they are using the same engine and all, they can be done at the same time. I just hope that the graphical quality will get better as time goes on, and that will probably happen. I am so glad that this is finally happening. Some of the things that the fandom has been dreaming about are actually happening in front of our eyes. Am in a dream? Somebody pinch me please?

With this rate as things are happening, I am now confident that Utada will be at the KH event to announce his new song for KHIII. :D Well, okay maybe that is too much.

This is a really smart move on their half.
I just have this weird fear that 0.2 will be published rushed. I don`t know why thou...? :(

But oh guess what this means guys? New Nomura drawn cover art!

EDIT:

Early? It looks much more polished than anything we've seen of KH3.

Wait, it is? I gotta check the E3 trailer. I don`t know... I kinda imagined it would be a little bit sharper or something.

*hugs back FudgemintGuardian​

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

THANK YOU NOMURA FOR REWARDING MY PATIENCE AND NAGGING VIA EVERY SQUARE ENIX SURVEY POSSIBLE

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Pretty much. Aqua is in KH3, we'll no doubt be going into the Realm of Sleep, gameplay will be similar because under all the fancy words Square uses this is still a demo for KH3.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking as well. Although Aqua might be the only playable character, I bet there will be quite some more characters involved even when it is only for cutscenes, and all those models can be easily taken over into KH III.
If they create the new x[chi] "movie" also with the new engine, they also have the new characters from there already covered in terms of models.

This just reminds me...the x[chi] movie might be the first time we will see the beauty that is Daybreak Town in polished 3D. ^__^

Edit:
Heh Taochan, you need some calmative or is everything alright, rofl?

Seeing that new model of Aqua again though y'know what bothers me a little?
They didn't show her face...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back