• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP website updates with new screenshots, story & character summaries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The official Japanese KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue website has updated with 14 new screenshots from KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD, KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover, and KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A fragmentary passage-. The website has also been updated with summaries of each title in the collection along with character biographies for the main cast.

Thanks to Zephyr and Saken for the translations!

KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD

By opening the seven sleeping keyholes, they can return back as true masters.

To prepare for a great threat in the future, Yen Sid decides to have Sora and Riku partake in the Mark of Mastery. Sora and Riku will venture to seven sleeping worlds to open their hidden keyholes and gain new powers. 

Sora
The series’ protagonist. A young cheery and energetic boy who wields the Keyblade. Together with his friend Riku, they aim to become Keyblade Masters as they travel to awaken the sleeping worlds.
Riku
The series’ protagonist. He cares for Sora and has a side where he can calmly observe situations. Together with Sora, they aim to become Keyblade Masters in a new adventure.
Spirit / Nightmare / New Spirits appear
From the sleeping worlds, there are creatures that eat dreams called ‘Dream Eaters’. Within Dream Eaters, there are the friendly ‘Spirits’ and the ones that attack are the ‘Nightmares’. The Spirits help Sora and Riku on their journey.

KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover 

In order to know the end, the world begins with the oldest story, which is revealed in KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi]…

This world is full of light.
This world is to be covered with eternal darkness…
A boy named Ephemer seeks out the truth of the Book of Prophecies.
From the words of their master, it troubles the union leaders.
The Foretellers have all of the written events of the future except for one page of the prophecy which was not described…

Master of Masters
The Foretellers’ master. No one can tell what his intentions are.
Ava
Leader of Vulpes union. Because she is close to the age of her Keyblade wielders, it’s possible to communicate with her like a friend.
Aced
Leader of the Ursus union. A fierce personality with a strong stature, he is obsessed with strength. For the basis of his own justice, he tends to put his feelings aside.
Gula
Leader of Leopardus union. A cold personality that turns down companionship. However, this is just one side of his personality.

Invi
Leader of the Anguis union. With a virtuous personality, she has great confidence in her master.

Ira
Leader of the Unicornis union. A steady personality, he is often mocked by his master for being too serious.

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A fragmentary passage- 

"If I turn back time..."
Left desolate in the Realm of Darkness, in a place where even memories crumble with time, Aqua, aimlessly, endlessly wanders about...
And, what she finds...
Manifesting right before her very eyes, illusions of Terra and Ventus...
Enveloping the scenery about her in thorns, the view she beholds is just as what she had once beheld at the "Enchanted Dominion"...

Aqua
A young Keyblade Master. She allowed herself to fall into the Realm of Darkness to save a friend, where she now wanders...
King Mickey
Disney Castle's King, and a Keyblade Master. 
He tells of the tale of his encounter with Aqua in the Realm of Darkness.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Muke

whatever
Awards
Nice, but why is there no Ephemer render, I wonder...
Edit: makes me feel like he won't be featured very prominently :/

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yeah I wouldn't count on anyone other than the Foretellers being prominently featured, which means it's possible we don't even get to see Skuld do anything at all (not that I'm saying I think that'll be the case, but it's possible)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Prayer circle for Skuld in Back Cover.

These renders are gorgeous. <3

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
He's mentioned as a boy seeking the secret of the Foretellers' tomes, makes me wonder if BC is going to tell what exactly he was doing while he was off-screen in X/uX after ditching the player (and who that Mr. Coat he ran into was).

The Foreteller bios don't appear to be too new, looks to be mainly the stuff about them from the Dengeki/Famitsu spreads from earlier. It's nice to see those screenshots in bigger size, though.

KHc1

I'm going just put out there does anyone remember the other person in the black hood
i think ephemera is that person but it's just a theory

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm going just put out there does anyone remember the other person in the black hood
i think ephemera is that person but it's just a theory

no, the older one is the MoM and the younger is Luxu, the 6th foreteller. there is no feasible way to make ephemer either coaty.

KHc1

True but it could also mean ephemera real name is luxu I mean there something about him that gives me that feeling he MoM apprentice but I like said it's just a theory

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
He's mentioned as a boy seeking the secret of the Foretellers' tomes, makes me wonder if BC is going to tell what exactly he was doing while he was off-screen in X/uX after ditching the player (and who that Mr. Coat he ran into was).

That's honestly what I am expecting as well. Back Cover is showing the side of the Foretellers in contrast to the viewpoint of "Player" in the Unchained/browser-game and Ephemer seems to have conducted quite some investigations on his own, not to mention that at some point Ava will nominate him deputy leader (and later full on leader) of the Dandelions.
This hints at at least a few more appearances of Ephemer in Back Cover, furthemore since he is seeking the truth and the contents of the Tome of Prophecies the chance of him interacting with other Foretellers is not exactly zero despite Ava being "the easiest" to talk to and connect with.

---

As for Skuld, depending on if the scene of Gula explaining some parts of the Lost page (and I am still intrigued from where he got that information!) is included, she might at least appear once in the movie.
Otherwise though Skuld seems to have no real contact with the Foretellers and is mainly tied to the "Player"'s viewpoint which is not included in Back Cover.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The fact that Ephemera starred in the first KHx BC trailer, and is now being referenced on the KHx BC synopsis, kinda softly confirms he'll have a prominent role in the movie. Albeit we haven't seen him for two trailers now, it's possible he'll be the behind-the-scenes character. We knew in KHx that he was conducting his own investigations, so it's possible KHx BC will visually feature Ephemera conducting his research on the matter that will destroy the world.

If anything, besides the MoM and Luxu, Ephemera will also be a character to transcend the KHx era.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The fact that Ephemera starred in the first KHx BC trailer, and is now being referenced on the KHx BC synopsis, kinda softly confirms he'll have a prominent role in the movie. Albeit we haven't seen him for two trailers now, it's possible he'll be the behind-the-scenes character. We knew in KHx that he was conducting his own investigations, so it's possible KHx BC will visually feature Ephemera conducting his research on the matter that will destroy the world.

If anything, besides the MoM and Luxu, Ephemera will also be a character to transcend the KHx era.
how about skuld will she one as well

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
how about skuld will she one as well

I think we'll see Skuld, even if it were for a couple of minutes. We do know that at some point Ava meets with the Dandelions and gives them instructions to run away from the war. Seeing as how both Skuld and Ephemera are top Dandelion officers, we'll definitely see those two in that same scene.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Nice screenshots!

I think Ephemer will either ba a "cameo" to just aid us in understanding when a specific act takes place in the X/Ux timeline, or a surprise character at the end. I think the trailers are selling the five way too hard to then give Ephemer so much screentime during the whole thing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
She comes in contact with Ava a few times doesn't she?

Remind me exactly which ones that were?
On a whim I only remember the "secret test" and the great Dandelion-speech scene where she was standing among the other Dandelions listening.

I think we'll see Skuld, even if it were for a couple of minutes. We do know that at some point Ava meets with the Dandelions and gives them instructions to run away from the war. Seeing as how both Skuld and Ephemera are top Dandelion officers, we'll definitely see those two in that same scene.

A cameo appearance is probably the most likely "role" Skuld will have considering how limited her actual interactions with the Foretellers beyond the secret test of Ava and the meeting with Gula are.
Ephemer wasn't present in the Ava-Dandelion speech scene though and I also don't remember Skuld having an important/higher position among the Dandelions. Ephemer is the leader after Ava steps down, that's all we know. Skuld appearing together with Ephemer in the Browser-chi finale has more to do with Skuld's connection with the "player" character rather than being an indicator of her position within the hierachy of the Dandelions.

Nice screenshots!

I think Ephemer will either ba a "cameo" to just aid us in understanding when a specific act takes place in the X/Ux timeline, or a surprise character at the end. I think the trailers are selling the five way too hard to then give Ephemer so much screentime during the whole thing.

I assume more that Skuld will be the "cameo" if she appears at all.
Ephemer will clearly not be a major/main character, but probably a support character that gets a little bit more screentime than just one or two short cameos, he was investigating things on his own, sticking his nose everywhere and mostly separated from the Player PoV after a certain point after all.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Skuld interacted with Ava, Aced, Gula and Ira. I would be outright surprised if she doesn't appear at all. I have a good feeling that the player character will be represented like the protagonists in the Pokemon Generation shorts. That'd be a lore-cohesive way of tying them into the fray without resorting to a "default" character model...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back