• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP Community Feedback

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
the update changed Critical from being completely pointless to being an extremely fun alternate way to play the game

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thankfully it no longer applies to me because I've done every boss fight in the game, but for other people I wish they would patch it so restarting a boss wouldn't make your entire deck command have the need to refill.

If I enter a battle with a full deck command then I expect the same when I restart after a death. I did not enjoy having to wait about a minute during Julius' battle, dodging back and forth, just to be able to load commands I should have access to in the first place.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Question. Starting my 3D playthrough today. Did they adjust Proud mode's difficulty? I'm asking because I remember being really annoyed by it in the 3ds version.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Question. Starting my 3D playthrough today. Did they adjust Proud mode's difficulty? I'm asking because I remember being really annoyed by it in the 3ds version.

Annoyed how?
If any, they made it a bit harder in my opinion so that you actually die a bit easier. Could be my imagination though.

Muke

whatever
Awards
This is really bugging me, but it's just a tiny problem

Everytime they show you the controls in the loading screen, they're labeled under the wrong name.
The controles have "Counter Block", counter block has "Controls", etc
whyyy
(german version obv)

DanChaos1

Awards
Website
bit.ly
Anyone else notice that during the ending events in Dream Drop Distance HD, Sora's Station of Awaken had Riku, Kairi, Goofy, and Donald's images in gold instead of blue?

Muke

whatever
Awards
...so?
I mean, I guess you could mean Xehanort's golden eyes but
so what? :S

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Anyone else notice that during the ending events in Dream Drop Distance HD, Sora's Station of Awaken had Riku, Kairi, Goofy, and Donald's images in gold instead of blue?

Psst, this thread was created on the sole purpose to talk about the game`s visuals and gameplay, an overall feedback thread about these things. A quote from the opening post of this thread:

In the comments below, feel free to discuss any positive or negative criticisms about KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue's gameplay and visual presentation.

Your comment is a story related thing so it`s a bit off-topic in this thread. We have a proper spoiler/story discussion thread that you can find here: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...prologue/213088-spoiler-kh2-8-discussion.html That thread would be a more proper place for you`r observation. :D

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Almost done with 0.2, gotta say I don't like that one objective where you need to beat Darkside without taking damage, at all. The phantom Aqua no damage was fine, even though how hard it is still depends a lot on rng, but that Darkside fight is just complete bs. Luck based, there's no way of knowing when one of those spike balls is going to fall on you because the camera doesn't zoom far out enough and you just need to dodge and hope that you don't get hit. Also the attack patterns, if you get lucky the fight is easy, if you're willing to use elixir to spam shotlock that is. But even with that method he can still decide to ruin everything by spamming nothing but that spike ball attack and good luck not getting hit by any when they keep falling for like a minute straight.

Man, I've never been so salty about a KH boss, this was seriously the most annoying and unfair fight I've had to deal with so far. What makes it worse is the save point is super far away, so retry is the only option after struggling with trying to get good rng for 2 hours. So yeah thanks to this jerk and it's spike potatoes I have to do one more run to get the no retry trophy. 0.2 is so conflicting, it has lots of good, but some really damn annoying as heck stupid stuff as well.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Almost done with 0.2, gotta say I don't like that one objective where you need to beat Darkside without taking damage, at all. The phantom Aqua no damage was fine, even though how hard it is still depends a lot on rng, but that Darkside fight is just complete bs. Luck based, there's no way of knowing when one of those spike balls is going to fall on you because the camera doesn't zoom far out enough and you just need to dodge and hope that you don't get hit. Also the attack patterns, if you get lucky the fight is easy, if you're willing to use elixir to spam shotlock that is. But even with that method he can still decide to ruin everything by spamming nothing but that spike ball attack and good luck not getting hit by any when they keep falling for like a minute straight.

Man, I've never been so salty about a KH boss, this was seriously the most annoying and unfair fight I've had to deal with so far. What makes it worse is the save point is super far away, so retry is the only option after struggling with trying to get good rng for 2 hours. So yeah thanks to this jerk and it's spike potatoes I have to do one more run to get the no retry trophy. 0.2 is so conflicting, it has lots of good, but some really damn annoying as heck stupid stuff as well.
if darkside is able to make you this mad, just you wait for the final boss is all i tell ya…

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
if darkside is able to make you this mad, just you wait for the final boss is all i tell ya…

I'm talking about the "defeat Darkside while taking no damage" objective, the fight itself is fine and I like it. But no damage was annoying as heck to get done. I just had the worst luck but still. I don't like the final boss either but I haven't struggled with it much. It's just bad, more than hard.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Don't worry, she beat that.
And she's entirely with us here!!! She survived the pain, yet knows it. </3

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

I had an opposite experience. I though that Mirror Aqua was way harder to no damage and I spent an hour doing that fight. Compared to that the Darkside fight was way easier in my opinion. I don`t know if I got lucky but by just beating his hands I rarely got hit by the dark spiky orbs falling from the sky. I though that the desperation laser attack was way harder to dodge. Despite having some struggles I did not get too salty and it felt dam amazing in the end when you were able to pull those fights off.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I had an opposite experience. I though that Mirror Aqua was way harder to no damage and I spent an hour doing that fight. Compared to that the Darkside fight was way easier in my opinion. I don`t know if I got lucky but by just beating his hands I rarely got hit by the dark spiky orbs falling from the sky. I though that the desperation laser attack was way harder to dodge. Despite having some struggles I did not get too salty and it felt dam amazing in the end when you were able to pull those fights off.

Well you definitely got lucky then xD And unlucky with Aqua, because for me she did that Spellweaver finisher move three times in a row so it was super easy to beat her. She did have one tricky move, where she spins her keyblade, it's really fast and hard to block but I got lucky and she didn't do that. Guess I used up all my luck there, because it really took me like an hour to beat Darkside..... and yes I definitely was getting hit by the spike balls while hitting it's arms. And head. Or just dodging. And it kept using that attack all the time. So glad it's over now never again.

sonickenshin

Awards
I dunno if I should ask this here, but when I started watching Back Cover, the video doesn't cover my whole monitor?

EDIT: Never mind. Fixed it.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is really bugging me, but it's just a tiny problem

Everytime they show you the controls in the loading screen, they're labeled under the wrong name.
The controles have "Counter Block", counter block has "Controls", etc
whyyy
(german version obv)
Uh that's not an error, it's just telling you what the next menu is if you're bored enough to be pressing R1 to scroll through.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I guess I'm sort of concerned with 0.2. For the most part, I loved it. I loved the visuals, the level design, Aqua's design and detail, and for the most part the game play as well. The only issue I have is that when you move, the controls don't feel as tight. If you run forward you can't just pull a hard left or anything. She builds up momentum and before going full speed and then it's harder to "steer". Beyond that, it felt like there were long delays between actions. Most notably blocking. Another thing I don't really like is that they regressed back to the old menu system. I really hope some form of the command deck comes back because combat flows so much smoother with it I think. Glad they brought back shot locks and style changes though.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
^ Yes I agree on the movement actually, it didn't feel too bad but I still miss the perfectly fluid KH2 controls... Also jumping, you can't do a small jump by just quickly tapping the button, she always does a huge jump which makes aerial combat a bit clumsy and it's easy to miss enemies because you can't control the jump much. But since it's only a short chapter, it's fine. As long as they do stuff like that properly for KH3.

EchoFringe49

I really love the inventive level design in 0.2, I hope they expand on that even more in KH3

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I guess I'm sort of concerned with 0.2. For the most part, I loved it. I loved the visuals, the level design, Aqua's design and detail, and for the most part the game play as well. The only issue I have is that when you move, the controls don't feel as tight. If you run forward you can't just pull a hard left or anything. She builds up momentum and before going full speed and then it's harder to "steer". Beyond that, it felt like there were long delays between actions. Most notably blocking. Another thing I don't really like is that they regressed back to the old menu system. I really hope some form of the command deck comes back because combat flows so much smoother with it I think. Glad they brought back shot locks and style changes though.

I actually believe the Command Deck + KH2 combat (flinch/cooldown) is possible to create and I welcome it but…

My assumption is that it introduces too many abilities and elements they need to optimize for a short game and for its Proud/Critical playthroughs which would probably need more time and thought.

When you fight against Phantom Aqua in the Secret Boss Rush or the Final Boss in Critical Mode, you will notice that the flinching, timed blocks, and cooldowns are the most important elements in combat.

In BBS or DDD, you'll notice how most secret bosses are imbalanced or you're locked into long dodges such as:

Mysterious Figure w/ Thunder Surge
Vanitas Remnant w/ Mine Square
Julius w/ Balloons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back