• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Original Soundtrack Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If it's anything like the Last of Us' album, then it's quite simple. You load the music up, plug in a memory stick, press triangle and click "copy all" and paste on the memory stick and voila, you've got MP3's of the music.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
Or like XIV's Blu-Ray albums. LAN download from PS4 is great! Also, did a quick tally. Not sure if these new albums will be just the remixed/remastered songs or all of them. If its all of them, we're looking at:
- 80 for KHI
- 46 for CoM
- 13 for Days
- 107 for KHII
- 60 for BBS
- 7 for Coded
- Just for completion's sake, 52 for 3D
That's Final Mixes included. 12 discs total plus 3 for 3D. Obviously, the counts for Days and Coded are low because that's just original songs for those games, not reused themes.
XIV's two 1 disc Blu-Rays held a total of 224 songs. We might be able to go from 12 discs to 2 or 2.5(lol) for EVERY game minus Dream, Drop Distance, and in better quality!

And yes, I do own each one of those 12 discs plus 3D's 3. I could get them framed if these new ones work out right lol.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Given that FFX/X-2 Collector's Edition also came with its own Bluray Disc Music, I imagine 2.5's will work identically.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
This is great news. The music is the best thing about the series. But then again, I am a Shimomura fanboy :p

I read that about 80% of the KH2 OST will me remixed (which I assume means with an orchestra like they did for KHFMHD). If you take out all of the songs that can be recycled from the first game like Olympus Coliseum as well as One-Winged Angel (there are already plenty of proper orchestral versions available for this classic) and the Disney tunes, that'd leave us with about 80% of the soundtrack. So that's my guess. I really hope it's not random.

As for BBS, I would love to see the synthesizers replaced with real instruments where it was intended. Shimomura's first big budget soundtrack, in terms of production value, was Last Ranker. This one is, as Master Spockanort mentioned, a mixture of real instruments and synthesizers acting as a substitute for real instruments (same deal with Radiant Historia, I believe).

I really hope Square Enix doesn't mess up these the way they did with the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster OST though! Some of the tracks, especially Out of the Frying Pan, were ruined (even the mp3 versions were of higher quality).

Silverwarrior

This is great news. The music is the best thing about the series. But then again, I am a Shimomura fanboy :p

I read that about 80% of the KH2 OST will me remixed (which I assume means with an orchestra like they did for KHFMHD). If you take out all of the songs that can be recycled from the first game like Olympus Coliseum as well as One-Winged Angel (there are already plenty of proper orchestral versions available for this classic) and the Disney tunes, that'd leave us with about 80% of the soundtrack. So that's my guess. I really hope it's not random.

As for BBS, I would love to see the synthesizers replaced with real instruments where it was intended. Shimomura's first big budget soundtrack, in terms of production value, was Last Ranker. This one is, as Master Spockanort mentioned, a mixture of real instruments and synthesizers acting as a substitute for real instruments (same deal with Radiant Historia, I believe).

I really hope Square Enix doesn't mess up these the way they did with the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster OST though! Some of the tracks, especially Out of the Frying Pan, were ruined (even the mp3 versions were of higher quality).

Olympus Coliseum's track in KH2 was different to the version in KH1. OWA they should the KH1.5 version one :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Considering what a fantastic job Shimomura did with 1.5, I don't have any concerns over 2.5 (especially with VGO having a hand in the project.)

The problem with FFX HD's OST was that, in my opinion, they tried too hard on both ends of the spectrum. Uematsu wanted to go with drastic changes which ended up too different and Hamauzu wanted to stick to the originals which really limited the tracks. Tracks that were once standouts were lost behind newly mixed songs...

It comes off as a lack of one cohesive vision for the OST because the different composers had different ideas of how they wanted their songs to be redone.

Which is why I'm so glad 1.5 & 2.5 have only Shimomura as composer (well Ishimoto and Sekito too, but Ishimoto only did a handful of songs for BBS and wouldn't need drastic changes, and Sekito's work for BBS was done in such a way to compliment Shimomura's style) which makes it impossible to have the same mixed vision FFX HD's OST did.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Olympus Coliseum's track in KH2 was different to the version in KH1. OWA they should the KH1.5 version one :)

Yes, I know that. But it's not intended to sound different from the original composition. They just updated it with better sounds to bring it up to par with the rest of the KH2 OST. If they are going for the same orchestral feel for the KH2FMHD soundtrack as they did with the one for KHFMHD, then it would make sense to simply recycle the recording from that soundtrack as an orchestral recording of the KH2 version would end up sounding more or less exactly the same. :)

Considering what a fantastic job Shimomura did with 1.5, I don't have any concerns over 2.5 (especially with VGO having a hand in the project.)

The problem with FFX HD's OST was that, in my opinion, they tried too hard on both ends of the spectrum. Uematsu wanted to go with drastic changes which ended up too different and Hamauzu wanted to stick to the originals which really limited the tracks. Tracks that were once standouts were lost behind newly mixed songs...

It comes off as a lack of one cohesive vision for the OST because the different composers had different ideas of how they wanted their songs to be redone.

Which is why I'm so glad 1.5 & 2.5 have only Shimomura as composer (well Ishimoto and Sekito too, but Ishimoto only did a handful of songs for BBS and wouldn't need drastic changes, and Sekito's work for BBS was done in such a way to compliment Shimomura's style) which makes it impossible to have the same mixed vision FFX HD's OST did.

But that's not what I was talking about. There's an actual problem with the Blu-ray pressing. Out of the Frying Pan has lots of noise in it that shouldn't be there. Oddly, it's not present in the compressed mp3 file which makes me wonder if they got sloppy and used the wrong masters for some of the tracks they put on the Blu-ray. Square Enix messed up big time, and the error wasn't corrected for the North American release either. I doubt it's ever going to be fixed.

Silverwarrior

Ah I get what you mean, although for consistency sake perhaps the wind part could be put on top of the standard brass/strings, rather than re-recording it as a new track.

Additionally, with KH2, I hope they finally sort out He's a pirate. From a composing point of view that piece was fine, but from an execution point of view Ishimoto really did not do that piece justice. The brass in it just blegh. The tracks i'm most looking forward to are the 13th struggle, dilemma, sacred moon, deep anxiety, Dotu, DFATIL, Deep Anxiety, and vim and vigor.

WRT to FFX-HD, i quite like the remastered tracks by Junya Nakano, especially run :)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yes, I know that. But it's not intended to sound different from the original composition. They just updated it with better sounds to bring it up to par with the rest of the KH2 OST. If they are going for the same orchestral feel for the KH2FMHD soundtrack as they did with the one for KHFMHD, then it would make sense to simply recycle the recording from that soundtrack as an orchestral recording of the KH2 version would end up sounding more or less exactly the same. :)

Sorry to bring up an old argument, but they're two totally different arrangements of the same song. There are parts of the KH I and KH II versions that aren't the same at all, here for example are the same measures in the songs but you can hear how they differ:

Olympus Coliseum - Kingdom Hearts II Music Extended - YouTube
Olympus Coliseum - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX - Soundtrack EXTENDED - YouTube

Like, if they wanted to cut corners whatever, but they're not the same.

Ooo! I wonder if it'll be in time for TGS

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Super excited about this! From what I've already heard, the Pirates theme, "He's a Pirate" has been reworked tremendously. I can only imagine how the rest of the album goes.

Here's to hoping that Shimomura will sneak in the Drammatica version of "The Other Promise" somewhere in the album and the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back