• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX not a big seller in the UK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It seems that not very many people felt like rushing to stores in order to purchase the latest Kingdom Hearts remaster, if the UK all-formats chart is to be believed.

According to the GFK Chart-Track, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX took the 31st spot on the sales chart for the week ending December 6th. Meanwhile, the top selling games were FIFA 15, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Grand Theft Auto V, to name a few.

Naturally, the HD remaster only released late last week in Europe, so hopefully more Kingdom Hearts fans in the UK will make sure to grab their copies for the coming days.

As everyone knows, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX is now out worldwide, so make sure you follow our news for the HD remaster, along with future releases such as Kingdom Hearts III. Did you know that we have a scene from the private trailer sketched for your viewing pleasure?

Be sure to like KHInsider on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Tumblr for all the latest on all things Kingdom Hearts!

Sources: Eurogamer, GFK Chart-Track

Shadow Yuk

Well, I think is due to several causes.
First, games like Advanced Warfare, Fifa 15 and Gta V came out on both Xbox and Playstation (and PC), while 2.5 still remains a Sony exclusive. So, less people buying the product.
Second, it only recently came out, so we need to wait. The holiday will sure benefit to sales.
At the end, I think that there are people that already played the games of the 2.5 ReMix and want to save money for the early releases of the next year ( The Witcher 3, Type-0 HD, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin and The Order, and they are only few titles).

Heartkeeper

Awards
31 on the ranking is pretty bad, probably less than 10.000 copies?. Let's hope it does better in NA and other European countries.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't know what people expect though, lol.
The sales chart for the week ends on December 6th, yet the game itself came out only on 5th?

Of course the sales are going to be "bad" if only one or two days are in the calculation.
Considering how fast the Collector's Editions were sold out, I doubt that it has to do with missing interest but rather with time.

vincentr0th

Awards
Are online-Store Versions Even in the Chart?since many are preorders(and thus purchased earlier,technically)they might fall into a black area,and since the store Gave you the free picture i Guess many ordered online.

and Here in Germany some stores didnt Even bother putting it on Display Till the 6. so yeah... Les just see how the Sales are this week

i should really switch autocorrect off sometime :eek:

gavinh2007

Awards
Website
abyssalsanctuaryofficial.blogspot.co.uk
I went into ASDA today and they didn't have a single copy. I bought the Limited Edition from Amazon so I didn't need it but I went in to check and they didn't have it. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of stores didn't carry this title which is a huge shame.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It'll soon pick up. Give it some time...I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. Hopefully, its today.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let's see how things pick up next week after a solid week of sales.

SE didn't really promote the game well in terms of selling this to an audience that never keeps up on this kind of news. Commercials would have been too expensive for a budgeted remaster, though. Not too sure what they could have did to get the word out...

PS3 sales are dwindling, too, so there isn't much to be done about that. This game was #3 on PS3 charts but #31 on the overall charts means it only sold a couple thousand at best.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
For only having a day as of that poll, I don't think #31 is completely dreadful...

That would be a poor rating if it was given more time, I suppose. I don't exactly think it'll be a bestseller by any means. There's a lot on people's minds right now with the holiday season and new game consoles. Perhaps things will get better. Perhaps not. Well just hafta wait and see!

Pestilence

Awards
I doubt anyone who follows UK charts expected a PS3 exclusive to do anything over there. It was dead on arrival.

In addition in Japan it only sold like 60%~ of what 1.5 did so it will be a big drop from that worldwide. Don't expect it to do much better in America.

Bobjam

Awards
I will really interested to see if these collections do any better if they are released on next gen platforms, seeing as ps4 and xb1 are doing so well so far in the UK market comparative certainly to the ps3.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Let's see how things pick up next week after a solid week of sales.

SE didn't really promote the game well in terms of selling this to an audience that never keeps up on this kind of news. Commercials would have been too expensive for a budgeted remaster, though. Not too sure what they could have did to get the word out...

PS3 sales are dwindling, too, so there isn't much to be done about that. This game was #3 on PS3 charts but #31 on the overall charts means it only sold a couple thousand at best.

You hit the nail on the head. I don't think the collection is going to do that well in the rest of the world either. Of course it's not going to flop, but the timing is just bad. Square Enix had a similar problem with Tomb Raider and that was a brand new game at the time. It was a busy year. Developers wanted to get their last big budget titles out for PS3 and 360 before going next gen and Tomb Raider was lost in a sea of good games. It really didn't get the attention it deserved until the Definitive Edition was released (and it was much more heavily marketed than the original release too).

axel95

Awards
I wouldn't get too worked up about this. A lot of factors, which have already been outlined above, go into the poor sales. Let's just see how it does with a full week.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Say what?
*facepalms*
Not those whiny FF VII-fanboys/girls with glued on nostalgia goggles again. *sigh*

While the way Square handled this in terms of presentation may leave something to desired, those flipping a lid there again seem to have either forgotten (or are in complete denial) that Square Enix explicitly stated that there won't be a full remake of Final Fantasy VII because it would cost too much resources and time which could be used for a new project.

The only case when they would maybe consider it is, if I remember correctly, if they manage to chume out a newer FF that beats FF VII in terms of sales and popularity.
Right now, it doesn't seem like any FF including Type-0 manages to do this.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
FFXV just might.

Anyway, I think cancelling pre-orders over the FFVII port is silly. Yeah, it was cruel to make people think it could have been a remake announcement but people should know by now that a remake ain't coming any time soon. If anything, they should be more upset that the announcement wasn't Crisis Core HD (which would have been a realistic one).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
FFXV just might.

Anyway, I think cancelling pre-orders over the FFVII port is silly. Yeah, it was cruel to make people think it could have been a remake announcement but people should know by now that a remake ain't coming any time soon. If anything, they should be more upset that the announcement wasn't Crisis Core HD (which would have been a realistic one).

Meh, I'd say that depends on several factors.
I've already heard people bitching/complaining about apparent "changes" made to the battle system of XV and Nomura's departure from the director's seat had also mixed reactions.

The main question about this is however what the heck made people think that it would be a remake announcement in the first place? Like I said in the post before, Square stated that a full remake of FF VII is not planned in the foreseeable future, so seeing some people still expecting (or even demanding) it leaves me headscratching.

Crisis Core would actually make a lot of sense (also because it could be done for both PS4 and Vita), just like the Dissidia titles would and these are probably also easier to pull off with less resources and investment.

hlc1988

Awards
Well, I visited Game yesterday. KH 2.5 was in the list in the 20's somewhere but I went to another Game store today and KH 2.5 was now at number 7... I'm not sure if that means anything but it was two different Game shops so I guess maybe its sold quite a bit more for it to move up the chart overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back