• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- North American Limited Edition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Fans have been screaming for a special edition for the upcoming Kingdom Hears -HD 2.5 ReMIX- for a long time, especially after the plethora of choices Japan were given. Thanks to our translator Zephyr, we have learned that there will be a Limited Edition of Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- available on December 2nd 2014.

On the item description page, Square Enix reveals that the Limited Edition is an automatic upgrade from the Standard Edition ($39.99 USD), and it will include an exclusive Disney collectible pin featuring Sora and Mickey Mouse.

The North American boxart was also released with this update, however it remains unchanged from the Japanese box art released not too long ago.

The limited edition is available at the Online Square Enix store and Amazon.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- English Limited Edition!

I'm waiting until they can confirm if the pin will be the only addition in this "Limited Edition." That survey had a lot more than just a pin on it after all.

But how sneaky of Square Enix to randomly update their site with this and not advertise!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

How dare they update their website with this and not include a picture of the pin in question!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

That boxart is the dinkiest artwork I've seen in a long time. Hopefully they'll upload a HQ version soon. It's too gorgeous not to (and we already had to deal with that beautiful CG artwork for 1.5 that they refused to release).

Disney pin collecting is really serious business, so I'm sure a lot of fans must be happy that they're getting another official pin.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I'm surprised they didn't release a picture of what the pin looks like, or what the other contents (if any) are. If I wasn't between moving right now I'd order it since it's the same price, but until my new place is settled hopefully some pictures will be available by that time to see if it's worth it or not.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Disney pin collecting is really serious business, so I'm sure a lot of fans must be happy that they're getting another official pin.
I'm just waiting for Kupo to see this.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Me thinks that any potential artbook or actual collector's edition is going to cost extra. So, I don't think the pin is the only thing we're getting. At least I hope not. But hey, time will tell.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

There's a possibility of a Collector's Edition. Since this is a stealth update that they're not advertising, I refuse to believe this is the only thing they have planned for 2.5 in the west after all the different packs they've prepared for Japan.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

A... pin?

Is... that can't be all we're getting, is it? That's even more underwhelming than the artbook full of art we'd seen before.

KHRULER

Awards

I refuse to believe this is the only thing they have planned for 2.5 in the west after all the different packs they've prepared for Japan.

I'm still sobbing over that. ;_;

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

A... pin?

Is... that can't be all we're getting, is it? That's even more underwhelming than the artbook full of art we'd seen before.

That's why we're all waiting for a proper announcement~

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I just think Square finally got the hint that collector's editions make lots of money, so they're making them cost more now. Thus, I don't think this is actually the "Limited Edition" we're watiting for. There'll be another one, that costs more.
They didn't at first with 1.5, and then tried to go behind everyone's (except NA) back and make it more money since a ton of people jumped for that artbook. Then, they made multiple choices with the FF X/X-2 Remaster. I think it's safe to say that they'll repeat that with this. And I'm dead certain that any and all collector's editions are going to be SE Online Store exclusives. So, I'll be pooped over the lack of Amazon Prime for the delivery of my CE.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I just think Square finally got the hint that collector's editions make lots of money, so they're making them cost more now. Thus, I don't think this is actually the "Limited Edition" we're watiting for. There'll be another one, that costs more.
They didn't at first with 1.5, and then tried to go behind everyone's (except NA) back and make it more money since a ton of people jumped for that artbook. Then, they made multiple choices with the FF X/X-2 Remaster. I think it's safe to say that they'll repeat that with this. And I'm dead certain that any and all collector's editions are going to be SE Online Store exclusives. So, I'll be pooped over the lack of Amazon Prime for the delivery of my CE.

I'm hopeful that Disney won't allow them to keep any exclusives for their awful online store.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I'm hopeful that Disney won't allow them to keep any exclusives for their awful online store.

I've heard bad, bad things about their online store. So, I'm hoping not.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I've heard bad, bad things about their online store. So, I'm hoping not.

Digital River, man. It's a nightmare.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Digital River, man. It's a nightmare.

Digital River? Is that the people in charge of the money management and such? Cause I've heard crap about how they randomly charge you to make sure you have money to pay for anything you've pre-ordered and stuff like that.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

A pin? Ok. I like pins.
But...a PIN. Ok. Thanks.

Haha, I sure HOPE we get something else, as well! I'd say I'm happy with a pin,but I'm a selfish little American; so I'm NOT.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

A pin? Ok. I like pins.
But...a PIN. Ok. Thanks.

Haha, I sure HOPE we get something else, as well! I'd say I'm happy with a pin,but I'm a selfish little American; so I'm NOT.
But it's a free pin .

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think a few people here fail to understand how lucrative the Disney Pin Trade is. These KH pins, if limited enough, will be worth a few hundred bucks in the next few years.

Digital River? Is that the people in charge of the money management and such? Cause I've heard crap about how they randomly charge you to make sure you have money to pay for anything you've pre-ordered and stuff like that.

They are the vendor service that Square Enix is contracted with. They handle payment, shipment, and whatnot, yes.

They will test charge your account at random times before the ship date, yes. So you have to make sure you have the amount needed for the item in the bank or your order can be cancelled.

Also they just overcharge and are a hassle to deal with in general. With how many developers have ditched DR, it baffles me that Square Enix has yet to. So far I've cancelled every order I've made from DR because they would take money out of my bank account when I kind of actually needed to spend that money and its caused overdraw fees.

I pre-ordered 2.5 right now. $52 is near the cost of a full-priced game and I am not pleased, so I hope Amazon also gets the LE with the pin (like they did for Capcom's Ducktales HD) so I'm not spending more money than the game is worth.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

PREACH IT SIGN! lol

I'm just waiting for Kupo to see this.

PREACH IT CHASER! Yes, while I'll admit a pin is far less than a CD and Play Arts Kai figure, I do expect more than just this pin. Now the only thing I'm afraid of is that if they make a CE, the pin won't be available for pre-ordering that and then I'm gonna have to go through a loop trying to get both the CE and the free pin.

There's a possibility of a Collector's Edition. Since this is a stealth update that they're not advertising, I refuse to believe this is the only thing they have planned for 2.5 in the west after all the different packs they've prepared for Japan.

As much as I love the pin, I really am hoping on this. I love pins, I do, but I can't say I wouldn't be a tinge bit disappointed if the only thing we get is this pin as opposed to the wealth of CE's Japan is getting (as usual). I don't expect to get anything nearly as grand as Japan, but just something extra that would constitute a CE would be nice. The reason I say "CE" is because the extras that are always the best are the ones you generally have to pay extra for (because then the company will put more work into it).

I think a few people here fail to understand how lucrative the Disney Pin Trade is. These KH pins, if limited enough, will be worth a few hundred bucks in the next few years.

While this is true, it really depends just how many of this pin is made. If it's anything like the ridiculous amounts made of the artbook, this pin could always sit around $20 (the design is also important). The 1.5 pin is currently priced at $20-30, while the original Hot Topic pins sit at around $150-200, but that's because those are significantly harder to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back