• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix in Dengeki Playstation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Not to be confused with the spread unveiled in this week's issue of Famitsu Weekly, Dengeki Playstation also has their own feature on the highly anticipated second remaster of the Kingdom Hearts series.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix will include Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and cinematic cutscenes from Re:coded, and is set for release in 2014. We'll have translations available shortly, so stay tuned for more information!

Source: Exeforce87

Thanks to Zephyr, we have translations of the scan below:

Three works from the series have been HD remastered into one collection!

See the bonds of friendship once again in HD quality!

Three KINGDOM HEARTS titles released for the PSP, PS2, etc. will appear in one package! Numerous scenes in beautiful HD quality, the drama and excitement has been revived!!

Focusing on the three HD works, check out their connection to the series!
Many fans around the world have come to expect the second HD Remaster following after KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX. Newly released screenshots added along with examples of the story, check out their connection for each of the works.

PS3 Released 2014
RPG
SQUARE ENIX
Price TBA
Series Director: Tetsuya Nomura

Sora
A hero chosen by the Keyblade. He searches for Riku and Kairi once again as they strayed paths.

Donald
Royal Court Magician of Disney Castle. Together with Goofy, they search for The King.

Goofy
Royal Knight Captain of Disney Castle. He believes weapons are not good so he uses a shield to fight.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX Titles
1. KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX

See the origin of the series from the point of view of three heroes.

Three young heroes train hard in order to become Keyblade Masters. Before Sora was given the Keyblade, it expands on the awakened plot of Master Xehanort’s plans.

With the Dimension Link, fight with the help of friends in the midst of your adventure!

A big adventure to many different worlds!

Terra, Aqua, and Ventus each travel through a different route between the worlds.

2. KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX

Organization XIII is after Sora and they must face each other.

Black hooded figures who claim to be part of Organization XIII are after Sora one after the next; aiming to control the Keyblade’s power. The story begins with a boy named Roxas who awakens Sora in exchange for himself, a new journey for him begins anew. There are familiar and new Disney worlds that appear. In order to settle the fight against Organization XIII since their appearance from Castle Oblivion, they travel around the worlds with renewed vigor.

What new Disney worlds await for Sora!?

Many new worlds such as Tron, Mulan, and Pirates of the Caribbean appear. In the Little Mermaid world, you can enjoy musical minigames.

Fight against 13 members!

You can battle against previous Organization XIII members who were defeated in Castle Oblivion and there is a mysterious presence of a “man in armor”. Do not miss these elements exclusive in KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX!

3. KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded

Storyline events are remade in beautiful quality as part of a Theater Mode. In the story shortly after KINGDOM HEARTS II, Data Sora, generated by the journal’s data, goes on an adventure to explore the mysterious message “Their hurting will be mended when you return to end it” that was left in Jiminy’s Journal.

Many scenes are visualized in a new and meaningful way to construct the story!

There is a surprise that leads after this title.

So what is in the data world!? Do not miss this additional surprise!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's frustrating because I zoomed up close in the BBS pictures and apart from the obvious "second Kairi is gone", the only other thing that you can tell it's been upgraded is the hilt of Ventus' keyblade is thicker (but the blade still looks 2D).

I wish they changed the command buttons to reflect the PS3's button colours so it doesn't look like they just reused screens from 2009.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Zephyr just finished translating the article! Give it a read in the OP~

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
There is a surprise that leads after this title.

So what is in the data world!? Do not miss this additional surprise!
So the "surprise" has something to do with the Data world. Probably something having to do with the research Ansem the Wise stored in Sora.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
So the "surprise" has something to do with the Data world. Probably something having to do with the research Ansem the Wise stored in Sora.

I was thinking the same thing. They've being teasing us about it and I imagine it will play a huge role in KH 3.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I got it! The research Ansem the Wise stored in Sora are the blueprints to the Key to Return Hearts (that might have been said here in the past) and the surprise thingy at the end of the Coded cinematic will reveal a data-person that Namine inserted into Jiminy's journal, who's purpose will be put it together.
Since Ansem the Wise was doing research on Sora when he was in the pod, he and Namine probably noticed that Sora has extra hearts in him. So he started producing heart extractor prototypes (with his deus ex machina 3000 from KHII being one of said prototypes.) Out of time, he inserted his last, best blueprint into Sora and Namine creates a data-person and puts them in the journal.

SoraForeverKH

I am so glad to be seeing more info on KH II.5 Remix. It's about time! What could the surprise featured in Re:coded be? Will it be something we've already seen before in the DS version, or will it be entirely something new? I can't wait!
To be able to fight against every member from the organization sounds awesome! I also can't wait to see the special FM cutscenes from KH II and BBS.
The screenshots look so cool in their HD graphics. I definitely see the difference!
The image of Date Sora and Data Riku clashing their keys together looks stunning! I am really looking forward to watching these new cutscenes. The part where Sora goes to save Riku was one of my favorite parts in Re:coded.
I hope the N/A version has a release date set soon!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I just want some kind of KHDDD implemented on the Ps3. I will buy DLC HD cutscenes, it just feels so wrong missing only that entry.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I just want some kind of KHDDD implemented on the Ps3. I will buy DLC HD cutscenes, it just feels so wrong missing only that entry.
It'd be nice if they implemented somehow. Hell I'd even settle just for DDD's theater mode added in....actually I'd prefer just having theater mode.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
For consistency's sake, I think it's safe to assume that they will. It would be weird if those scenes are voiced in the Japanese version, but silent in English, right? Or stranger yet, voiced in Japanese even in the English version?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I mean, that same contrast is there in the vanilla KH2FM, so I don't think it'd be too bad-- they're not saying anything important anywhom.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not so sure why they only voiced the scenes in theatre mode of the PS2 version of KH2FM, but eh. If it happens again for 2.5 (which I think there's no reason for this since they could just use the archive audio from the theatre mode and slap it into the in-game scene), then I'd say the English-version FM-exclusive scenes will only be voiced in theatre mode as well.

I don't know. Let's just see. But the point I'm trying to make is that if the Japanese recording of the lines is available, then it's highly likely that they will come up with the English recording as well.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
Yes, they should. Back then the English voice actors for CO members had not been chosen yet (except for Axel; he has a role in KH2) when KH2 came out, but now the crew is complete.

I thought the reason for the voiced scenes being only available in theater mode was for us to unlock them? Haha.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
i feel like SE is purposely leaving out if the Mirage Arena will have multiplayer that's something I think we all really want from 2.5HD since i think everything else (minus BBS vol. 2 cutscene) has been satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back