• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX has English Theatre Mode!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Forum user Bigbadcloud has brought to our attention that one Twitch streamer has discovered that the English voices are still in Kingdom Hearts 2 in the theatre mode.

Bizkit047 made the discovery at the end of his almost 12 hour long stream when he was browsing the Theatre Mode. Accessable by pressing "L2", fans can view the HD cutscenes in English. You can view the footage on the stream here (starting at 11:50:10)

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will be released fully in English in December 2014. 

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3

Cheaken

Awards
Does that mean the new scenes could have the English voice acting or would they be unvoiced? I hope someone can check soon.

limit

Does that mean the new scenes could have the English voice acting or would they be unvoiced? I hope someone can check soon.

Pretty sure the new scenes are voiced, from what we heard in the trailer.

Hmm, I watch his stream all the time and it's funny seeing him mentioned here.

Cheaken

Awards
Pretty sure the new scenes are voiced, from what we heard in the trailer.

Hmm, I watch his stream all the time and it's funny seeing him mentioned here.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant if English voice acting is included in the Japanese version, do the new scenes also have English voice acting in the Japanese version? Or will they remain unvoiced until the Western version is released?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant if English voice acting is included in the Japanese version, do the new scenes also have English voice acting in the Japanese version? Or will they remain unvoiced until the Western version is released?

I don't think anyone's checked yet. Most people who have been playing KH2FM and would want to hear the new scenes in English are either unaware of this revelation or are just doing speedruns.

axel95

Awards
This gives me a small glimmer of hope for Japanese theater mode in the English game, but I'm not holding my breath. This also makes the wait for December seem even longer.

Endareyn

It would be so great if they did the same thing for the English release, I would love to check out the differences!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It would be so great if they did the same thing for the English release, I would love to check out the differences!

Same! KH is one of the few series where I absolutely adore both Japanese and English dub.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
This gives me a small glimmer of hope for Japanese theater mode in the English game, but I'm not holding my breath. This also makes the wait for December seem even longer.

Yeah, dont hold your breath. Im sure there's other reasons to be blue ~
We cant even get Ultimanias in English. Ill simply die if we got a Japanese theater mode. Most likely from shock.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, dont hold your breath. Im sure there's other reasons to be blue ~
We cant even get Ultimanias in English. Ill simply die if we got a Japanese theater mode. Most likely from shock.

But the Ultimanias are different and are likely tied up with book publishing & copyright issues.

Japanese dub is infinitely easier to deal with nowadays.

So, there is a 50/50 chance you'll die.

axel95

Awards
But the Ultimanias are different and are likely tied up with book publishing & copyright issues.
But you'd think they could at least give us something similar. I'm still hoping we see the Memorial Ultimania or something like it in the Western market before KH3.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
English dialogue, huh?

I dunno, I'd like for them to have dual audio for a theater mode in the English version, but I'm not entirely sure if it will happen considering Square's past history.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
English dialogue, huh?

I dunno, I'd like for them to have dual audio for a theater mode in the English version, but I'm not entirely sure if it will happen considering Square's past history.

Past history? Having LRFF & Drakengard 3 with (free*) JPN Voice DLC and now Type-0 HD with dual audio?

Last edited:

Cloud-Strife

The extra scenes actually were already recorded, or at least some of them back when they released the original game on PS2. If you can hunt down the Promotional Video/Trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ from back before it came out (its not on youtube from what i can tell, but i've seen it on dailymotion). The first exclusive scene where Xemnas is talking to Roxas in Twilight Town is english voiced in that scene in that trailer. Not sure why they decided not to include that and or the rest of them in the final game though.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
The extra scenes actually were already recorded, or at least some of them back when they released the original game on PS2. If you can hunt down the Promotional Video/Trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ from back before it came out (its not on youtube from what i can tell, but i've seen it on dailymotion). The first exclusive scene where Xemnas is talking to Roxas in Twilight Town is english voiced in that scene in that trailer. Not sure why they decided not to include that and or the rest of them in the final game though.

I'm pretty sure those were just words Mixed together for the commercial.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This the one?

[video=dailymotion;x3kbkm]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3kbkm_kingdom-hearts-2-final-mix-trailer_videogames[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back