• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- English Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
You're always hypeful, aren't you? :p

My hype for things is always building, in anticipation of when/if said things ever happen. And when they do, all that built up hype 'splodes.

For example, now that this has happened, my hype for the announcement of the release date of the game is building. My hype will go off again whenever that day comes. And when the box art gets unveiled. And if a LE gets announced. And so forth...

This is KH we're talking about. Literally everything is hype worthy.

I don't want to get my hopes up yet, but I'll just be honest: I wish this is true, especially if it comes with an artbook that shows never-before-seen artworks and concept arts. I just hope my local game stores will carry them so I can reserve one copy at once once they have arrived.

I just want an artbook, really. It's my favorite thing about CE's of anything. Even if the artwork isn't all that new or anything, just having it is enough for me. I was more than pleased with the 1.5 artbook.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This was something I noticed but neglected to post here, but someone has gone and added a Keyblade comparison which I think we should all be grateful for.

BcOrSUrCUAAeOUA.png

RD Juggler

Awards
Just saw the trailer in HD. Shed tears. When something makes you shed tears of joy, it concretely proves its sublimity, and may provide a heartfelt renewal of faith in this flawed world. I WEPT, as every fan should!!!

Seriously, Square Enix has hit the jackpot with Kingdom Hearts, and despite problems with their other games (post-Final Fantasy XIII), it's pretty much guaranteed they won't ever disappoint with KH. However, KH3 must be how KH2 was to its predecessor. We all felt it upon playing KH2 for the first time, and since KH3 skipped the PS3 generation, it has so many expectations to live up to. The HD ReMixes are excellent ways to reduce the fan-anxiety of the wait.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This was something I noticed but neglected to post here, but someone has gone and added a Keyblade comparison which I think we should all be grateful for.

BcOrSUrCUAAeOUA.png

That is wonderful. Didn't even realize that Ven's keyblade was literally 2D like that in BBS. So awesome that they're fully rendering the keyblades

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

BcOrSUrCUAAeOUA.png

That's the kind of thing that only the keenest of eyes notice. I applaud whoever it was who noticed it!

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
lol

Notice when the yellow "Re:Coded" screen appears, that it says "Re:Chain of Memories" in the background. Forgetting to add "Final Mix" after each playable title is also gonna make a lot of people confused, they should've avoided that.

All in all, nice trailer, I guess. They still have quite a lot of work to do with the textures, though (f.e. the stained glass at the end).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
lol

Notice when the yellow "Re:Coded" screen appears, that it says "Re:Chain of Memories" in the background. Forgetting to add "Final Mix" after each playable title is also gonna make a lot of people confused, they should've avoided that.

All in all, nice trailer, I guess. They still have quite a lot of work to do with the textures, though (f.e. the stained glass at the end).
Re:chain of memories were behind all of them rofl.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
That is wonderful. Didn't even realize that Ven's keyblade was literally 2D like that in BBS. So awesome that they're fully rendering the keyblades

Heh, I couldn't stop looking at it. Whenever I saw the flat keyblades in the portable "trilogy", I always thought of this one time I was glitching for fun in Ocarina of Time. I was climbing around the outer rim of the Castle Grounds, and spotted that Castle Town, seen from a distance, is made up of 2D sprites. I thought it was clever how they never let you notice that by shooting it from only one such direction. That's why I always thought of that when I saw the flat keyblades. Because SquareEnix did not take that basic, 1996 precaution. In fact, they shoved it in your face! Remember when Roxas handed Xion his paper-thin Keyblade, with all these ugly low-res aliasing smudges on it? And then picked up a stick, and we were all supposed to be unimpressed by the stick, but the stick was actually 3D and not made out of construction paper? I just kept laughing.

Obviously they needed the flat keyblades for network play, but here, in single player mode, SE's artists and modellers were able to shine.

With a stick.

One of my favourite unintentionally funny moments.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think I've been fairly positive about this trailer so far, but honestly there was one thing that let me down (aside from Belle's neutral face when being attacked).

The noses on some of these characters. It's off putting. When Riku is at the computer in Re:coded, his nose is like a different shade to the rest of his face. (I was going to get angry at Terra's face in the screenshots, but on closer inspection, it's not as bad as I first thought).

Also, despite being completely wrong, the words "Final Mix" are present behind "Kingdom Hearts II" and "Birth by Sleep". It's easier to see in the latter as it's up to the right, but for KHII it's more of a really large background word and you can just see like "MIX".

WastedPenguin

Awards
16839236hb.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok, let's just hope that they just forgot to add Final Mix to those titles^^
It would be horrible if we don't get the Final Mixes.
And i hope that Kingdom Hearts 2 will have the original german sync because it is way better than the english sync (don't get me wrong, the english sync is great too but i just like the german version more^^).
I was disappointed by the missing german sync from the KH 1.5 Kingdom Hearts 1 Version.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
16839236hb.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok, let's just hope that they just forgot to add Final Mix to those titles^^
It would be horrible if we don't get the Final Mixes.
And i hope that Kingdom Hearts 2 will have the original german sync because it is way better than the english sync (don't get me wrong, the english sync is great too but i just like the german version more^^).
I was dissappointed by the missing german sync from the KH 1.5 Kingdom Hearts 1 Version.

Also, despite being completely wrong, the words "Final Mix" are present behind "Kingdom Hearts II" and "Birth by Sleep". It's easier to see in the latter as it's up to the right, but for KHII it's more of a really large background word and you can just see like "MIX".

Right here: KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 2.5 REMIX- - Kingdom Hearts Insider
Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, announced at D23 Expo Japan that it has officially begun development for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIXfor the PlayStation®3 System. A follow up to the recently released KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, the title is slated for release next year in Europe and PAL territories.

Adding further depth and detail to the KINGDOM HEARTS series, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX is a fully remastered HD compilation of the PlayStation®2 system title KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system title KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX. Both, previously exclusive to the Japanese market, will be available for the first time in Europe for the PlayStation®3 System. HD remastered cinematic cut-scenes from the Nintendo DS™ title KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded will also be included in the compilation.
Besides, in those images you just posted you can see the words FINAL MIX.

Yessir_23

Awards
I haven't played KH2 in a while. What does Roxas mean by "Why did he pick you?", and why would it need fixing?

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's a mis translation, Roxas was referring to Sora's Keyblade as 'it' not he. In other words, why did the Keyblade choose Sora, not why a person choose him.

Exactly, somehow they mixed up "it" for "he" in translation. (wished they'd fix it)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Exactly, somehow they mixed up "it" for "he" in translation. (wished they'd fix it)

It probably stemmed from the lack of topic in Roxas' original line.

Roxas in Japanese said:
教えてくれ、お前が選ばれたわけを。
Oshiete kure, omae ga erabareta wake o.

This translates into something along the line of "Tell me the reason you were chosen." See, there was no topic specified by Roxas; what or whom was Sora chosen by? This might have caused some confusion on the translators' part since they might not have truly understood the context of the sentence, given the relative brevity of the confrontation between Sora and Roxas.

Anyway, it's not too much an issue. Bugging, perhaps, but well, at least we know that Roxas was meaning to ask why Sora was chosen by the Keyblade.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If there's anyone still doubting the fact that Western territories are getting the Final Mix versions, just go to the 2.5 website. All three logos for the games that are included in 2.5 are there and KH2FM and BBSFM's logos are there, bright as day. They're the Final Mixes guys. The trailer is just inaccurate. But Chaser is right. "Final Mix" is in super huge letters, faded into the background behind KH2 and BBS in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back