• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Early Copies + Teases Another HD Remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will be out in just less than 24 hours in Japan but people have already gotten their hands on early copies of the highly anticipated title! With these leaks coming in, we will begin to enact our spoiler ban on our forums so please tag all of your spoiler discussion with the appropriate spoiler tags!

Please keep in mind that none of the following information has been confirmed, so please take all of it with a grain of salt.

One 2ch user (ID: sJrrYW3B0) is playing through Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and has reported seeing Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] in HD along with the scene where Sora picks up the Master Keeper in the Kingdom Hearts III Announcement Trailer from E3 2013 during the credits of the collection. Here is an image of them starting on Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix:

Another 2ch user (ID: qgCERsQi0) has said that Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- contains the opening scenes of Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] & Kingdom Hearts 3D in HD. Again, keep in mind that this information cannot be confirmed nor has it been corroborated by another source. The 2ch user currently playing through Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix has stated that they only saw Kingdom Hearts IIIKingdom Hearts 3D.

Update: Images confirming that the credits do contain Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] have surfaced thanks to the 2ch user (ID: sJrrYW3B0) who mentioned the credits earlier.

Thanks to  for these images.

There are also users on Twitter who have gotten copies of Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-! Twitter user EXkhs has taken a photo of their own copy which you can see below!

In a recent interview with Famitsu, Director Tetsuya Nomura briefly discussed how intricately tied the PC browser title Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] would be to Kingdom Hearts III and that he was working on both stories at the same time, but at this time the game remains to be a Japanese-only game with no prospects of a localization for now. He also mentioned how Kingdom Hearts 3D remains to be the only game in the series that has not been remastered and that they are looking into a solution for that problem. 

Do you think that we might get a Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] remaster before Kingdom Hearts III comes out? 

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3

Sdog

Awards
While it would've been nice if either of these sources took video or screens of these 'teases' for some confirmation. And their information seems to clash with not posting about the same scenes outside of DDD in HD.

Either way my hope for that 'Ultimate Extravaganza Whatever' package on PS4 with DDD+ χ[chi] burns brighter!

Edit: Ahhhhhhh it's happening!

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While it would've been nice if either of these sources took video or screens of these 'teases' for some confirmation.

Either way my hope for that 'Ultimate Extravaganza Whatever' package on PS4 with DDD+ χ[chi] burns brighter!

Yeah. That's why I got it all underlined everywhere not to believe anything until we have video proof xD

Nobody seems to be in any rush to take photos of this stuff...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
While it would've been nice if either of these sources took video or screens of these 'teases' for some confirmation. And their information seems to clash with not posting about the same scenes outside of DDD in HD.

I feel like it's a cultural thing in regards to the leaks. I don't remember the last time we saw anything substantial from a KH game before the official release date in Japan, whereas people really couldn't care less in the west.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I don't really want an HD KH3D game yet. I don't want them to divert their attention from continuing, and if Nomura is talking about how hard he's working on both already...
I just don't see the point. It's still a fairly new game on a current gen console. I know it'd be nice to have them in the same place, but I just don't mind for now.

Bobjam

Awards
Yup, there are screens of the credits rolling to confirm that KH3D scenes are indeed in it....and KHIII as well....oh darn.

Sdog

Awards
I feel like it's a cultural thing in regards to the leaks. I don't remember the last time we saw anything substantial from a KH game before the official release date in Japan, whereas people really couldn't care less in the west.

O us westerners and our impatience and decency...

ChibiHearts249 said:
I don't really want an HD KH3D game yet. I don't want them to divert their attention from continuing, and if Nomura is talking about how hard he's working on both already...
I just don't see the point. It's still a fairly new game on a current gen console. I know it'd be nice to have them in the same place, but I just don't mind for now.

I get where you're coming from but if DDD is the only one getting a full remaster I don't think it will divert much if any from KH3 aside form Nomura's input on a few things. With how close 1.5 and 2.5 were released with two full game remasters and 2+ hour cut scenes for each, I don't think it would take too much to bring just DDD up to it. Especially if they just have the team doing the 2.5 remaster go to DDD. Now if DDD gets the whole re work from the ground up like Type-0 that could take a bit more, since they'd want it to look like a PS4 title to look up to par with KH3.

Now to see what they do with X[chi]...

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
It's nice to see a (semi) confirmation about 3D. It just dawned on me that it is the last "big" KH title I haven't played. Really excited about it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Axel92

Awards
no twitch link? Please please I wanna see this amazing things!!!

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
This basically all but confirms DDD HD! Of course, I'm not going to get my hopes up bcuz Square Enix, but I think It's safe to say that this is pretty big news. Please please please let a DDD remaster happen!

no twitch link? Please please I wanna see this amazing things!!!

Twitch

Bobjam

Awards
I wonder if this has anything to with why Nomura wants to remind us of him coming to NYCC.......pretty please?

Sdog

Awards
Believe in New York Comic Con or Jump Festa. ;~;

Oooo NYCC is soon, would be amazing if he dropped the news there! Though if he were to wait for Jump Festa, 2.5 would have released in US. Maybe the 'Ultimate Super Omega' KH collection with HD DDD gets announced then?! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back