• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Early Copies + Teases Another HD Remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FurryFilmaker

What about a KH 0.5?
Playable 358/2 Days, Re: Coded and Dream Drop Distance for Wii-U/Wii?/PS3
Probably would take too much time though. And we need KH3 more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What about a KH 0.5?
Playable 358/2 Days, Re: Coded and Dream Drop Distance for Wii-U/Wii?/PS3
Probably would take too much time though. And we need KH3 more.

Wii is a dead console. Wii U isn't really getting much 3rd party support, least of all from Square Enix. The PS3 is getting phased out sooner than later in the west than expected due to really strong sales of the PS4.

Also that just starts the console spread issue over again.

We are more likely to get KH3D as a standalone on PS4/XB1 than we are to see Days and Re:coded remade.

Gram

Banned
Awards
*sees images of credits*

itPOt65.jpg

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The way I see it, if KH3D can be summed up in a short little thing before KH3, Chi can DEFINITELY be summed up during or before KH3. From what we know RIGHT NOW, Chi doesn't really play a large role beyond the prophecy of the masters and that story can be summed up in a cute little cutscene in the beginning of KH3 (perhaps as the conversation between YMX and Eraqus?).

I wouldn't mind a 3D port with Chi stuff included to have everything but KH3 be on PS3 (since I don't see these collections being put onto PS4/XB1, too much time that would be put into something that I can't honestly see selling well and most people would just rage that it delays KH3) but we'll see if they released that next year and then did KH3 in 2016, which would be cool too :) It would sure be much shorter than either of the HD collections which consisted of 2 very large games + 1 hefty amount of cutscenes ^_^

wolfshadow

I have a slight feeling if Nomura will plan on releasing a hd version of DDD, it will be released with 3. In a two disc set maybe. I highly doubt it, but it would be cool to happen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have a slight feeling if Nomura will plan on releasing a hd version of DDD, it will be released with 3. In a two disc set maybe. I highly doubt it, but it would be cool to happen.

I don't think SE would let a chance for extra money pass them by. Not to mention you don't put an HD remaster together with a big release like KH3. It doesn't make any sense.

They can bundle the two for a higher price, of course, but they aren't going to have them together just because.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
This leads me to believe that KH3 and KH3D will be bundled together.

KH3 is coming to PS4 and xbone, meaning KH3D would come to those consoles.
I believe this might happen, however I think 3D will be rendered as HD cinematics if this is the case.

Porting 3D as a whole game would be quite a lot of work, which they maybe don't want to do since the team is full KHIII-mode now.
It's also been said that 2.5 would be the last "game" made before KHIII.

And, for those who didn't play 3D but buy KHIII, they can catch up in a much shorter amount of time and will be able to enjoy KHIII​ almost immediately.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I believe this might happen, however I think 3D will be rendered as HD cinematics if this is the case.

Porting 3D as a whole game would be quite a lot of work, which they maybe don't want to do since the team is full KHIII-mode now.
It's also been said that 2.5 would be the last "game" made before KHIII.

And, for those who didn't play 3D but buy KHIII, they can catch up in a much shorter amount of time and will be able to enjoy KHIII​ almost immediately.

As shown with Type-0 HD and FFX|X-2 HD, I don't think our only options are just the Osaka Team doing this stuff. There are companies out there dedicated to this kind of work.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Think of it like this;
if they put KH3D and KH3 together, what will people be playing first when they boot up the disc? Kingdom Hearts 3.
When they do this, who is going to confused? The players.
Who are they going to blame for confusing plots? Square Enix.
What will Square Enix tell them? Play DDD.
What will the people do then? Complain about needing to play this other game first before they can touch their precious KH3.

Putting DDD as a separate release not only gets them more money, but it saves a lot of time and complaints.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not only that, but the highlight of KH3D wasn't even the story. It was the huge-ass worlds and gameplay. It was practically a late-gen PS2 game on a 3DS. It'd be the greatest shame in the world to take that away from people when the gameplay systems in KH3D are the very systems that KH3 is inspired by. (Even if the Dream Eaters are less than appealing to most people.)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Bold half-plausible/half-absurd prediction: 3.5 Remix with DDDHD(FM), KH3 "Prologue" demo, & Chi Theater Mode.

Dream Drop Distance Final Mix
-Its a given we'll get DDD in HD, but the long shot is it being a FM version. On one hand, it wouldn't be right if DDD didn't get the update the other main entries had & there's definitely still things that they could add. On the other hand they probably wouldn't have the staff to spare on developing new content (maybe the theatrhythm crew?).

KH3 Demo/Prologue
-I've said before that bundling DDD with KH3 would be pointless because everyone will just play KH3. But DDD by itself would seem like a downgrade to consumers compared to the collections. What to do in lieu of another full game? Why a demo of KH3 of course! Even if short, it would be 100% new content instead of a rerelease so that may balance out.

Long shot: The demo is actually standalone content that could pass as its own game to an extent, a la Ground Zeroes, Dead Rising 2 Case Zero, or Dissidia Prologus. This way it would fullfill the 2 games & 1 movie quota by technicality. It could even be beneficial to KH3: No one wants a repeat of how KH2 started, so splitting a lengthy opening world off as a glorified demo would be win/win.

Of course by putting such a title on the disc the remix pretty much has to be PS4/XB1 & not PS3 by default. But really PS3's time has past & many want the other 2 remixes ported to the new systems. Might as skip having to port 3.5 as well.

Kingdom Hearts X Theater Mode
This is happening, period. Oh sure, they didn't show any KHX in those end credits but then there isn't exactly anything to even show at this moment so that probably doesn't count. If KHX's story is so essential & they still aren't localizing the game, this is pretty much the only option, ain't it?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think DDD would become a Re: title, since Nomura has said it will not receive the Final Mix treatment, as well as following the Re: trend of being on a different platform than the original.

Also, I've always sort of felt that the "Ground Zeroes" of KH is actually DDD, not necessarily in length but in purpose. CoM is similar in that regard.

I don't necessarily feel positively about cutting off an hour or two of KHIII for the purpose of buffing the content in a new ReMIX. Personally, I'd rather have KHIII all at once, all in one place, rather than segmented as MGSV has been.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Can we get a comparison with PS2 Final Mix as well? Roxas got a model overhaul for FM​ so comparing to vanilla is a little unfair.

But Oathkeeper looks real nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back