• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX demo playable at PAX Prime 2014!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Those of you who live in the Seattle, Washington area and will be able to attend PAX Prime 2014 are in for a good time this year! Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will be playable at the event this year, along with titles like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, Dragon Quest IV, Dragon Quest VIII, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Nosgoth, and Hitman: Sniper!

Besides being able to try out Square Enix's upcoming titles, they will be holding various sweepstakes for attendees at PAX, so be sure to stop by Booth #3630 and try out everything they have to offer! PAX Prime will be held next week from August 29th to September 1st.

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will hit North American shores on December 2nd 2014, Europe on December 4th 2014, and the PAL region on December 5th 2014!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

SeekerofLight

That's awesome, glad to see 2.5 playable more often! Now I only wish there was a games convention close to me, or at least a PSN demo going up. Is it ok to start a countdown for the game yet?

Kirkio

Banned
Man I wish we could get to play the demo the suspense is killing me! I want it to be December 2nd already!

Antar

Awards
Yaaaaaay, I live on the other side of US...
-.-

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Seattle area woohoo!!! I've never attendend these kind of things before, don't know if I should go or not...

You would probably have a really good time. You got to get those tickets early though. I've heard pretty much all positive things about PAX Prime. Next year you should try to make it if you can. Go with some friends. I wish they had a PAX Midwest that I could go to easily. Preferably in the Twin Cities area and not Chicago.

alxnort

Awards
YES! This is great, my brother is going. He said he'll try to get me something at PAX, maybe something KH? X) Also, told him he NEEDS to play the demo of 2.5 for me! Either way it should be fun for him.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Just acquired passes to PAX for Monday!! Will try to take video of the demo if Square allows, but will post impressions of the demo here regardless! I might try to play some other Square games too if lines aren't too big (only there for one day, gotta do what's most important to me first) and tell you guys about those as well. C:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Double post but... I got to play 2.5 yesterday! :D

I played part of the Halloween Town demo as well as the BBS Aqua demo and a tiny bit of the Ventus demo (last person left it on the Ventus demo and I played it for like a half minute before I did a soft reset). KH2FM looked gorgeous, just wow. I can safely say this looked better than anything that came from 1.5. KH2 of course was a better looking game than KH1 or Re:CoM were on PS2, so most of the detail comes from that fact, but it being rendered in HD really emphasized how much detail there really was. Other than that, it seems to be the same great game and it'll be awesome to play it on PS3.

Now Birth By Sleep though... it looks better than it did on PSP, for sure. But it wasn't really comparable to KH2 or anything in 1.5. For some reason, fish faces in this game stood out a lot more than they did in 1.5. Every single time I saw young Kairi I kinda cringed. Aside from that though, Ventus and Aqua (and probably Terra, tho I didn't see) had great model improvements. Mickey seemed to still have his BBS model, which I thought was kinda odd since I thought they'd swap in the 3D model or even the model they're using for Re:Coded. I hope that at least MX and Vanitas will receive updated models. While graphical improvements of BBS didn't really excite too much, playing with a DS3 controller instead of a PSP was great. The camera felt greatly improved and didn't have the problems 1.5 did when they added the 2nd analog support. All the loading issues BBS had seemed to be all gone, and the framerate seemed to be locked at, what I presumed to be, a steady 30 FPS making gameplay feel a lot more smooth than the PSP version. 30 FPS isn't great but is more than playable, just seeing no drops in the framerate was awesome.

So yeah, overall, 2.5 is looking pretty great and I can't wait until December to get my hands on it and for the rest of you to see it too!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
For some reason, fish faces in this game stood out a lot more than they did in 1.5. Every single time I saw young Kairi I kinda cringed.

Young Kairi appears mostly as her high-poly model though.

Mickey seemed to still have his BBS model, which I thought was kinda odd since I thought they'd swap in the 3D model or even the model they're using for Re:Coded.

There's not much difference between them asides from the outfits, which they will obviously not change.

I hope that at least MX and Vanitas will receive updated models.

I recommend checking out some of the previously released screenshots to see MX in his vein-y, wrinkly, HD goodness.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Double post but... I got to play 2.5 yesterday! :D

I played part of the Halloween Town demo as well as the BBS Aqua demo and a tiny bit of the Ventus demo (last person left it on the Ventus demo and I played it for like a half minute before I did a soft reset). KH2FM looked gorgeous, just wow. I can safely say this looked better than anything that came from 1.5. KH2 of course was a better looking game than KH1 or Re:CoM were on PS2, so most of the detail comes from that fact, but it being rendered in HD really emphasized how much detail there really was. Other than that, it seems to be the same great game and it'll be awesome to play it on PS3.

agpeXJ7.jpg

Wow sounds like a great experience!

For some reason, fish faces in this game stood out a lot more than they did in 1.5.
Birth by Sleep was full of fish faces anyway, so it was unlikely to be changed :(

Mickey seemed to still have his BBS model, which I thought was kinda odd since I thought they'd swap in the 3D model or even the model they're using for Re:Coded.
His DDD and Re:coded model is different from Birth by Sleep. Pretty sure the BBS outfit has only been used in that game so far.

So yeah, overall, 2.5 is looking pretty great and I can't wait until December to get my hands on it and for the rest of you to see it too!
I'll be seeing it next month. Got the Japanese game ordered, and there's an expo here next month where I can try the english demo :D

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Aren't Mickey's model in BBS and 3D the same one? Like, different costumes, but I thought otherwise they were pretty much identical. Hell, Mickey even appears in his BBS attire when Sora gives his "my friends are my power!" speech.

LedxirnSimon

Aren't Mickey's model in BBS and 3D the same one? Like, different costumes, but I thought otherwise they were pretty much identical. Hell, Mickey even appears in his BBS attire when Sora gives his "my friends are my power!" speech.
It's more like the same model/s with different textures. Pay attention to Sora's drive forms, these separate models are essentially the same just with different textures. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back