• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix Available For Preorder on Amazon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm just saying something off the top of my head here, but… do you think they are doing this deliberately to prepare for something big? Like, unheard before, such as simultaneous release of both the Japanese and English versions of the game?

The lack of news regarding this title does indeed come off as quite unusual to me.

Denne

i dont have any high hopes that the release date will be close i suspect the game will come out in september or october

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm just saying something off the top of my head here, but… do you think they are doing this deliberately to prepare for something big? Like, unheard before, such as simultaneous release of both the Japanese and English versions of the game?

The lack of news regarding this title does indeed come off as quite unusual to me.

I doubt that is the intention. I think they just are still trying to get things in order before they start marketing it. I.E. finalizing pre-order/LE/CE stuff, event, VO, promotional materials; trying to get the game done in general.

All we've got from Nomura is "yeah VO [in Japan] is done with" and that's like "Cool...but what about everything else?"

For a company that promised transparency for their games, they really aren't being transparent on this.

PunksNotDead

I keep checking the site everyday in the hope that there is some news, to think this time last year 1.5 was already out in Japan!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No .

Denne

lets hope we soon hear some news about the game. I mean if the recording of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is done they should not take that long to record the english voices

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Depends when they start really. If they've started English recording by now, then it shouldn't be too long before we hopefully get news on the English version. However they might not have started yet and therefore won't be able to show anything from Re:coded or the new scenes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Before worrying about english voices or an english version I would already be content if they release some info on the japanese release at least.
That would at any rate give at least an approximate window on when to expect the western version.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
My hope is that we don't have to wait for 6 months before we get to see the release of the English version.

How was it last year for 1.5, though? From how many months leading to the release of the Japanese version did things like trailers and screenshots of the game start to show up? I know it might not reflect the situation right now; I'd just like to compare between now and then.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My hope is that we don't have to wait for 6 months before we get to see the release of the English version.

Even if they do that again, they can keep their promise of it coming out in 2014 if they release the japanese version at the latest in June and the western then in December.

Although that brings up the question anyways if "coming in 2014" is even meant as "worldwide" or if it is meant as "japan only" from Square's side anyways.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
2014 means English version as well. I have many documents and things from Square Enix confirming this.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Even if they do that again, they can keep their promise of it coming out in 2014 if they release the japanese version at the latest in June and the western then in December.

Although that brings up the question anyways if "coming in 2014" is even meant as "worldwide" or if it is meant as "japan only" from Square's side anyways.

Funny, that was what I'm quite worried about. Although I personally think it isn't likely to happen, that's certainly a possible "escape route" for the team.

On the (not so) plus side, with a 2015 release date for the English version, it satisfies the a-year-per-game scheme that Nomura would like to see happen. It might draw some flak from the fans if it's true, even though it probably shouldn't because that scheme wasn't even a promise... though the dissatisfaction would probably be understandable.

Oh well, speculations won't help a bit. Let's just wait and see how it eventually plays out.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They seem to have started development for 2.5 a year ago more or less, unlike 1.5 which probably had a longer development window. Just give them some time to finish it before they can properly market it. Might be a whole bunch of issues, such as whether or not there will be online play in BBS or not.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Chaser's right in that it's going to release 2014 worldwide. Says so in the trailers as well if you're still skeptical.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Chaser's right in that it's going to release 2014 worldwide. Says so in the trailers as well if you're still skeptical.
Trailers, press releases, the official statement SE sent me that we put on the main site.
There's really no reason to believe it's 2015 (unless you want to be on that crazy site out there who uses posts from here as rumour news)

Denne

isnt a way that anyone can email square enix about the release date of Kingdom Hearts 2.5? i really wants some news about the development and the release date

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
isnt a way that anyone can email square enix about the release date of Kingdom Hearts 2.5? i really wants some news about the development and the release date

I admire that optimism, but we're just going to have to wait for a press release.

axel95

Awards
I would be shocked if we don't find anything out before E3. In my opinion, that's the latest we'll go without anything new. Any day now guys, any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back